Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Hoooo leeeeee sheeeeeet. This Caoimhe, Dean, Laura, Mondo, Hayley business is moving quickly! Who is funding it? Caoimhe going to run her own business out of the Doyles restaurant? Why? Why are they introducing this story?

Hoooo leeeeee sheeeeeet. This Caoimhe, Dean, Laura, Mondo, Hayley business is moving quickly! Who is funding it? Caoimhe going to run her own business out of the Doyles restaurant? Why? Why are they introducing this story?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Do either Pete or Wayne work? And they are looking for a loan from the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,349 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Nicola's character make me queasy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Cormdogg wrote: »

To make Hayley and Dean an item again?

• Advertisement

No sign of Decco, in his office, any of the four places he has his daily coffees or even his own gaff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Of course Pete when he hears Wayne won €35,000 doesn't even think of the near €1 Million he lost belonging to Dolly??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Even the tenuous links are ridiculous..... why would Pete want Delores to be happy that the garage was again molloys. Why would Dolores have sentiment if it was sold when it hasn't been molloys for years and her last link was a hub who cheated anyway. So stupid. It would be more likely Pete would say ..... oh u won 35k did ya. ......... give it directly to ur fookin ma to start payin off your debt u little bollix!

FFS, this is exhausting. Didn't Nicola have the exact same conversation and plan for Oisin months ago, about getting in with Paulio to fleece him...weeks of Oisin worming his way back in to give this Plan a new lease of life..it's like a fooking octopus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

sligojoek wrote: »
    He hadn't a pot to pi$$ in when he joined the show.

Dodgy back on the dole at the start. He drinks every night and only has the odd job.

More holes than a sieve in the the show tonight.

Jennifer Anniston afraid they'll be done for fraud if Pete gets the loan and they reimburse him!!

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Nicola's character make me queasy!

No oil painting myself but Claudia is ageing badly. Her neck is like a Hunky Dory crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Pete needs a good kick in the hole, who da fcuk would give waster Wayne money, he such a loser.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Of course Pete when he hears Wayne won €35,000 doesn't even think of the near €1 Million he lost belonging to Dolly??

And i doubt £35,000 is an option to win on a scratch card? I think £25,000 is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Pete needs a good kick in the hole, who da fcuk would give waster Wayne money, he such a loser.

Careful now......you'll make Wayne so mad, he'll come and buy your house!!

nagdefy wrote: »
    And i doubt £35,000 is an option to win on a scratch card? I think £25,000 is.

It's hardly a U.K. scratch card!😜

Between Wayne and his son Doug he's surrounded by 2 of the most gormless fools when it comes to money.

Wayne lost £45,000 in a week. He told Orla bout the money, 40K of the 80K gone. Then he gave 10K to Doug who gave it to an ex Provo. Wayne is a disaster. So 45K on top of Dolores' 960K, roughly a million lost. And all his hair spray failures etc.

Oh yeah, that's right :) And i meant euros too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

LOL at "I won 35k on a scratch card!", theres no scratch card in Ireland that has that amount you can win. It would have been more believable had he said "I won 10k in one shop then 25k in the next" and Pete just fell for it hook line and sinker. No such thing as "What shop? Are ye going to put a bit aside for the kids future?" Nope, straight into lets throw it all away to annoy Paul.

I loved the hiding place for their money. They were worried about Pete/Delores stumbling across the hiding place so where do they put it? In a bag under the SINK. Genius move there.

Still hanging around Paul eh Niamh?

I know i'm sad but i googled the UK lottery scratch card winnings Walshb :D

No £35,000 winning option.

When you have 120 scriptwriters too many cooks spoil the broth and no one was delegated with doing a little research!! Wayne will have to say he had multiple wins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I loved the hiding place for their money. They were worried about Pete/Delores stumbling across the hiding place so where do they put it? In a bag under the SINK. Genius move there.

It's not even a nice plastic bag. If I had that sort of cash lying about I'd put it in one of those fancy Dunnes bags for life.

• Advertisement

Cazale wrote: »
    It's not even a nice plastic bag. If I had that sort of cash lying about I'd put it in one of those fancy Dunnes bags for life.

Plus they have a son who has a habit of finding things and throwing them away so they really could have put more thought into that hiding space.

I also loved the fact that Mondo stood 10 cm away when asked by Hayley to give her a bit of privacy!

Speaking of Hayley, is the actress pregnant? Her stomach was covered in every scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Week 11 of Zoe`s absence, where is the truancy officer ?

Still hanging around Paul eh Niamh?

What sort of a character is Niamh. I don't think any such person could exist.

She wouldn't sue and get her cut. She's constantly leaving, be it Valentines or the next day. She's playing silly little games with Oisin and Paul that go around in circles. She's rearing all Paul's kids yet he cheats on her constantly. Her plan is so diluted you'd have a better chance of financial gain with one of Wayne's scratch cards.

Can she not leave get the dosh and make a new life. All her facial expressions and what she says would be easily read. Can she not see she had the high moral ground when Paul was cheating and would have had everyone's good will and a good settlement. All her children will turn against her and they probably won't like Paul for a bit but will forgive him.

She's a mass of contradictions, devious and cunning, she has a strategy of sorts but can't envisage the outcome of it's implementation.

The scenes outside Vinos remind me of Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining. Heather better vacate that hospital bed soon as some of the carraigstown regulars will be suffering from hypothermia if they keep doing their business deals in the freezing cold.

What sort of a character is Niamh. I don't think any such person could exist.

She wouldn't sue and get her cut. She's constantly leaving, be it Valentines or the next day. She's playing silly little games with Oisin and Paul that go around in circles. She's rearing all Paul's kids yet he cheats on her constantly. Her plan is so diluted you'd have a better chance of financial gain with one of Wayne's scratch cards.

Can she not leave get the dosh and make a new life. All her facial expressions and what she says would be easily read. Can she not see she had the high moral ground when Paul was cheating and would have had everyone's good will and a good settlement. All her children will turn against her and they probably won't like Paul for a bit but will forgive him.

She's a mass of contradictions, devious and cunning, she has a strategy of sorts but can't envisage the outcome of it's implementation.

Very concise post there, nagdefy. I agree with you, as a character she is absolutely pathetic. Paul has cheated on her countless times, he treats her like rubbish and expects her to come crawling back each and every time and the sad thing is, she does. Its as if she enjoys being treated like crap and she prefers the comfy life with the local millionaire. She has no follow through at all. Yes, she has the sympathy of people for fleecing his cash but now that the reality of leaving Paul is here she cant do it, making her scenes unbearable to watch. All it takes is someone to mention Ruth, who isn't even her child, and she starts crying and changes her mind- back to Paul.

Its because Paul and Niamh are never going to leave FC at this stage, unless someone sacks them, so their stories always always end up the same way. If it seems I'm particularly critical of them, its for the simple reason that FC gives them FAR too much airtime. We all knew this Plan would never result in Niamh leaving Paul or if it did, they would be back together again in a few weeks. Its insulting to the viewers to throw their stories so much in our faces.

Week 11 of Zoe`s absence, where is the truancy officer ?

The second young girl to disappear on the same street within a year. The guards should be looking into a serial killer operating at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Carrigstown, the land that suspends reality.

Another bunch of business meetings take place on a Sunday.
    Valentine's Day has come and gone...but Niamh fupping hasn't!

Boot boy Dermot, Bin and she who needs sleeves are leaving...again, ffs.
    Pete's obviously the mystery winner of the 88 million Euromillions last month, just didn't broadcast it and simply popped it into the bank.

I've never seen Dermot look more healthy, Robbie's friend of a friend of a friend of a friend's friend supplies good illegal prescription drugs. Or...is it the water in Dermot's taps? Piped in straight from Lourdes, so it is.

You've got to love this show, best comedy since Only Fools & Horses. :pac:

Very concise post there, nagdefy. I agree with you, as a character she is absolutely pathetic. Paul has cheated on her countless times, he treats her like rubbish and expects her to come crawling back each and every time and the sad thing is, she does. Its as if she enjoys being treated like crap and she prefers the comfy life with the local millionaire. She has no follow through at all. Yes, she has the sympathy of people for fleecing his cash but now that the reality of leaving Paul is here she cant do it, making her scenes unbearable to watch. All it takes is someone to mention Ruth, who isn't even her child, and she starts crying and changes her mind- back to Paul.

Its because Paul and Niamh are never going to leave FC at this stage, unless someone sacks them, so their stories always always end up the same way. If it seems I'm particularly critical of them, its for the simple reason that FC gives them FAR too much airtime. We all knew this Plan would never result in Niamh leaving Paul or if it did, they would be back together again in a few weeks. Its insulting to the viewers to throw their stories so much in our faces.

For a while Wanderer i was going against you and most on the thread saying i felt this time Niamh would leave Paul and that i had remembered her in the early years without him.

But no logical person could come to that conclusion with her performance over the last month. She loves being the victim and all the shi*e that goes with the Brennan household.

I've never seen Dermot look more healthy

Yes really good colour and not dark under the eyes. His make up throughout his 'illness' has beggared belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

No oil painting myself but Claudia is ageing badly. Her neck is like a Hunky Dory crisp.

Salt and vinegar?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement