Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

How did Wayne rob Dollys money and where'd she get a million?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

nagdefy wrote: »
    What sort of a character is Niamh. I don't think any such person could exist.

She wouldn't sue and get her cut. She's constantly leaving, be it Valentines or the next day. She's playing silly little games with Oisin and Paul that go around in circles. She's rearing all Paul's kids yet he cheats on her constantly. Her plan is so diluted you'd have a better chance of financial gain with one of Wayne's scratch cards.

Can she not leave get the dosh and make a new life. All her facial expressions and what she says would be easily read. Can she not see she had the high moral ground when Paul was cheating and would have had everyone's good will and a good settlement. All her children will turn against her and they probably won't like Paul for a bit but will forgive him.

She's a mass of contradictions, devious and cunning, she has a strategy of sorts but can't envisage the outcome of it's implementation.

It is hard to figure Niamh out. She has become very vindictive and she is enjoying ruining Paul too much. I know Paul has often been an obnoxious character (and indeed still can be), but I feel for him here.

Niamh forgave far more serious affairs inclusive of ones with ex-wife (and Niamh's bitter professional enemy) Nicola and a child-bearing affair with Yvonne. Hayley was a fling and Paul meant nothing to her.

It is strange that she has been so bitter about Paul's fling with Hayley. Not so long ago, Niamh herself was after the younger man when she shacked up with the late Michael. I just hope things come crashing down on Niamh and she feels the full pain of what she is doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I am truly sick now of the writers writing in any ole shìte to suit their storylines, Pete has been living week to week on odd jobs and social welfare for years, Wayne used to accuse him of only being with Dolores to leach of her.... but now he has enough money in savings for the bank to give him a substantial loan to buy a garage ??????? **** off writers Just **** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cormdogg wrote: »
    How did Wayne rob Dollys money and where'd she get a million?

If you live off the virtues of common sense and intellegence I won't insult you with the plot. If not, I'm sure BP or someone with a detailed head and patient respect for the show will tell you!

You'll regret asking though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,890 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I am truly sick now of the writers writing in any ole shìte to suit their storylines, Pete has been living week to week on odd jobs and social welfare for years, Wayne used to accuse him of only being with Dolores to leach of her.... but now he has enough money in savings for the bank to give him a substantial loan to buy a garage ??????? **** off writers Just **** off

All of this talk of plans and money and financial schemes is beyond crazy at this point. It's as if they're using The Plan to fuel six to nine months of FC storylines and can't even think of anything else to put in the show. Everyone seems to be talking about money or buying or selling or investing in something.

• Advertisement

Ben said tonight he would 'ring Jo and Zoe'. Don't tell me the story is that Zoe is now living with Jo in the US? That would be nuts : Dermot hates Jo and I don't think Zoe as a foster child would even be allowed to leave the country like that.

Again if Paul took out a loan of 800k or remortgaged to pay for the speakeasy why is he in immediate financial difficulty. There hasn't been a tin of psint bought. It would be a year in construction, a couple of years before it returned a profit. It is like a 12 year old is writing this.

As for Callum letting Dermo walk off with his family's money. What about Rachel and Ruthie's future? Screw Ben!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Wayne saw the auctioneers for sale sign at the garage early in the show, later Paul tells accountant at the meeting the auctioneers are going to put a for sale sign on the garage...on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Mad to think that Wayne got a million off Dolly who worked in a charity shop, and Niamh could only manage less than half that from her 'loaded' husband who owns most of Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,352 ✭✭✭✭walshb

When is Eddie coming back to get his cut from the plan(s)....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

This is the actual statement issued to the Ray D'Archy radio show last week addressing a viewers complains about the speed of the liver transplant given to Dermot and the the slowness of progress in the KT story......

Dear viewer

Thanks for your query and for getting in touch.

As a drama, we aim to reflect reality in our stories and in our characters. Drama by its nature deals with a wide variety of topics from the whimsical to the seriously sobering.

This particular story [KT being held captive] is taking some time to unfold. This allows us the opportunity to explore every facet of the drama - Ciaran's behaviour, the reasons behind his outrageous deed, how the situation is now spiralling out of his control, Katy's fear being replaced by anger and hope.

Their relationship changing by virtue of their proximity and the bizarre closeness growing between them is a classic exploration of Stockholm Syndrome and the mutual dependence arising between the kidnapper and the kidnapped.

Beyond this strange relationship, we also have time to examine the impact on the family and the friends left behind. To have hastened the story would have been to step away from the drama, not to have done justice to the ramifications of such an act upon everyone it touches.

The story will have an outcome as all stories do. And, as with the continuum of life, all stores lead to more stories but we do hope that you stay with us to see how this one resolves.

Thank you again for your note. We always love to hear viewers' feedback

Stockholm Syndrome......I think we all have a bot of a dose of that ourselves. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Glebee

No sign of the ram these days. Where is he and whats he up to....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The impact on the family and friends left behind!

Emmett hasn't been seen in weeks, Eoghan has a new life for himself selling phone tat and Debbie is off looking for houses down the country. Her mate Rachael is over sunning herself in Barcelona. Even her missing posters have given up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Laois_Man wrote:
    Stockholm Syndrome......I think we all have a bot of a dose of that ourselves.

Maybe that was what Trump was referring to when he mentioned Sweden the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Glebee wrote: »

Was curious about that myself too. I think he was mentioned last week, Caoimhe and Damien had him lined up as a babysitter. Not sure if Debbie and himself have been evicted yet, I think they mentioned it was happening quite quickly but I don't think we've heard anything else since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Glad you asked.

Helping out with the lambing season in Kilkenny. Aunty Kitty can't depend on boy racer Zak 'Camshaft' Dillon since he got the little hatchback wrapped in the Kilkenny colours...it's a real babe magnet...the apple never falls far etc.

Racing around the backroads and boreens of Kilkenny to impress Bimbie perched in the front seat...Tommy envies the Zakator as he remembers his own mispent youth driving the bejasus outta the little Fiat after the milking to get to the parish disco before all the goodlookin' wans were taken. He thinks of Contracepta and her fathers 80 acres...who was mad about him and who he let slip through his hands. Look at her now farming 150 acres on her ownsome after burying her husband this 10 years past. He could kick himself but he doesn't. He's on duty tonight...tomorrow he'll woo the Widow Contracepta for old times sake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Probably riding rose the filthy animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Probably lying low after Kilkenny got a thrashing from Clare in the Hurling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Why aren't any neighbours or friends of Dermot asking where is zoe and what will happen to Ben ? Has nobody spotted Robbie going into the Fahey household several times a day ? Are the Gardai even looking for Dermot ?

Why aren't any neighbours or friends of Dermot asking where is zoe and what will happen to Ben ? Has nobody spotted Robbie going into the Fahey household several times a day ? Are the Gardai even looking for Dermot ?

It's a safe-house for chrissake. Impenetrable! Well, it is now, after they souped it up from a normal house...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Calum is a Prick! The way he treats Jane is deplorable, ya she might have her faults but she brought him up on her own without any help from Paul yet he sides with himof all people don't get it he could have given her a hug or a handshake at least

Calum is a Prick! The way he treats Jane is deplorable, ya she might have her faults but she brought him up on her own without any help from Paul yet he sides with himof all people don't get it he could have given her a hug or a handshake at least

Her constant pandering to him is ridiculous. He despises her and lets her know at any chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What about the hospital?? Have they just ACCEPTED the fact that an extremely ill man who needed a cocktail of different drugs just to stay alive simply LEFT in the middle of the night without telling anyone? Have they not notified the Gardaí, have they not sent someone around his house, or how about questioning people who visited him the most like Jane and Niamh. Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

I don't like this new love/hate style Darren callum

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

No it might have happened in the pat but I can't remember it but one thing I think Fair City is missing at times is the radio/television news being on in the background with reports such as.
    The Gardaí are renewing their appeal for the missing Dublin woman Katy O'Brien who was last seen last on May 11th(I think that's what it said on the poster) on Carrickstown Road. She is believed to have being heading for Galway on foot.
    The Gardaí are appealing for information on Dermot Fahy who embezzled local tycoon Paul Brennan out of 800,000 when he was told he had weeks to live Dermot has since gotten two liver transplants and may be wearing a long beige coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

No it might have happened in the pat but I can't remember it but one thing I think Fair City is missing at times is the radio/television news being on in the background with reports such as.
    The Gardaí are renewing their appeal for the missing Dublin woman Katy O'Brien who was last seen last on May 11th(I think that's what it said on the poster) on Carrickstown Road. She is believed to have being heading for Galway on foot.
    The Gardaí are appealing for information on Dermot Fahy who embezzled local tycoon Paul Brennan out of 800,000 when he was told he had weeks to live Dermot has since gotten two liver transplants and may be wearing a long beige coat.

In the wake of the disappearance of young Katy, Gardaí are particularly concerned for the safety of young Zoe Doyle, the foster daughter of Mr Fahy. When questioned about her whereabouts, he gave an unlikely story about her going to the Galapagos Islands with her sister one evening out of nowhere and with every holiday essential ticked in under 3 hours. His story was obviously fake and made no sense so there is an undercover watch on his house to monitor any movements.

We think some sort of prostitution is going on at the house. Men from young to old are stopping by for a little while then shiftily leaving again a little while later. We think a local barmaid who is raising funds for a jumper that covers her entire shoulders is to blame. We will question her in due course.

And why isn't Niamh worried about the Garda investigation? She should be, anyone could land her right in it.

I can predict the next glaring flaw. Stripey still looking for a place to live even though the speak easy isnt going ahead!

Niamh is really screwing herself over at this stage. She could still get half Pauls assets but he is flogging them off to cheap to pay.......(we dont know exactly) Soon he'll have to sell the family home. So he'll be flogging off her stuff!

This is my FAVOURITE part of the statement: A simple but significant word (highlighted and underlined) clearly missing.

Dear viewer

Thanks for your query and for getting in touch.

As a drama, we aim to reflect reality in our stories and in our characters. Drama by its nature deals with a wide variety of topics from the whimsical to the seriously sobering.

This particular story [KT being held captive] is taking some time to unfold. This allows us the opportunity to explore every facet of the drama - Ciaran's behaviour, the reasons behind his outrageous deed, how the situation is now spiralling out of his control, Katy's fear being replaced by anger and hope.

Their relationship changing by virtue of their proximity and the bizarre closeness growing between them is a classic exploration of Stockholm Syndrome and the mutual dependence arising between the kidnapper and the kidnapped.

Beyond this strange relationship, we also have time to examine the impact on the family and the friends left behind. To have hastened the story would have been to step away from the drama, not to have done justice to the ramifications of such an act upon everyone it touches.

The story will have an outcome as all stories do. And, as with the continuum of life, all stores lead to more stories but we do hope that you stay with us to see how this one resolves.

Thank you again for your note. We always love to hear viewers'POSITIVE feedback

• Advertisement

I don't like this new love/hate style Darren callum

I was really looking forward to Callum returning but he is probably the biggest @rsehole in the show at the moment. He was a sound, sensible, relatively mature bloke with decent morals before he thumbed down a car on the Donnybrook roundabout but whatever exit that car took him off said roundabout, he was brought to a destination where he was turned into a complete immature waster. His passive aggressiveness towards Oisin who he never met before all this is like a dog protecting his territory. Imagine trying to get sloppy seconds on your brothers missus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement