Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I have no doubt that when KT is eventually released they will make a very good episode of it, and notch up the drama to exploit how she will feel to walk back into society again, walking down the street, fresh air, seeing other people, her family etc. I can see it now, they will probably shoot a long slow-motion scene where KT exits the garage, is blinded by the light and there are shots of cast members looking shocked as she floats down the street in a daze.

Thing is though, it will never make up for how completely DRAGGED OUT the story is. When even the official fans are complaining about how boring its become then you know things are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I was really looking forward to Callum returning but he is probably the biggest @rsehole in the show at the moment. He was a sound, sensible, relatively mature bloke with decent morals before he thumbed down a car on the Donnybrook roundabout but whatever exit that car took him off said roundabout, he was brought to a destination where he was turned into a complete immature waster. His passive aggressiveness towards Oisin who he never met before all this is like a dog protecting his territory. Imagine trying to get sloppy seconds on your brothers missus.

To be honest it's actually Oisin who had his sloppy seconds, Charlotte was with Callum first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

fin12 wrote: »
    To be honest it's actually Oisin who had his sloppy seconds, Charlotte was with Callum first.

I wouldn't call what Callum had in any way noteworthy. It is the desperation by Callum to get his bit from Charlotte just to get oe over on Oisin for NO reason which is ****!ng ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,890 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I can predict the next glaring flaw. Stripey still looking for a place to live even though the speak easy isnt going ahead!

Niamh is really screwing herself over at this stage. She could still get half Pauls assets but he is flogging them off to cheap to pay.......(we dont know exactly) Soon he'll have to sell the family home. So he'll be flogging off her stuff!

Has Niamh stolen half the 800k? I'm sure that was alluded to in one episode. If so, where is it and does she have her own bank account?

One of the main problems with this Plan thing is that there are so many different financial transactions going on that even the scriptwriters have long since lost control of the storyline and can't even remember themselves what was being said a few weeks ago. It has to be one of the worst FC storylines ever.

I wouldn't call what Callum had in any way noteworthy. It is the desperation by Callum to get his bit from Charlotte just to get oe over on Oisin for NO reason which is ****!ng ridiculous.

Whether you call it noteworthy or not fact is Callum was with her first. Oisin is a f*cking weasel and Callum knows he has no good intentions as far as anyone in the family is concerned and is just using Paul from the moment Oisin has landed on Paul's doorstep he has treated everyone like sh*t including Ruth.

• Advertisement

Give me Oisin over Callum at the minute any day of the week! At least he has a bit of wit and personality!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Personally, I'm still laughing at the Wok hanging behind Orla in her kitchen. Straight out of the box and up on the set.:D A bit like the road surfaces around Carrigstown. Never used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Why is there no Dermot Fahey missing posters?
    What about the hospital?? Have they just ACCEPTED the fact that an extremely ill man who needed a cocktail of different drugs just to stay alive simply LEFT in the middle of the night without telling anyone? Have they not notified the Gardaí, have they not sent someone around his house, or how about questioning people who visited him the most like Jane and Niamh. Ridiculous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Personally, I'm still laughing at the Wok hanging behind Orla in her kitchen. Straight out of the box and up on the set.:D A bit like the road surfaces around Carrigstown. Never used.

I know we joke about it, but I really don't understand why the real and paper cups they drink from are always empty, it's so obvious and looks ridiculous. Simply fill the fupping things with coloured water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I know we joke about it, but I really don't understand why the real and paper cups they drink from are always empty, it's so obvious and looks ridiculous. Simply fill the fupping things with coloured water.

Oh Bubbles I've often posted about the obvious empty paper cups! Add some water for "weight and gravity" purposes. Whats the problem!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

When Niamh had it bad for Keith. 2006-2007.

And 3.12 into the clip and again at 7.38 a bit steamier!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many men do Niamh and Orla have in common, as in both been with, is it just Paul and Keith?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How many men do Niamh and Orla have in common, as in both been with, is it just Paul and Keith?

I can't think off hand but i'm definite Niamh was never with Wayne!

Don't think Orla was with Barry O'Hanlon ever. Orla was with the businessman McAleer mid noughties, don't think Niamh was with him. Niamh, to the best of my knowledge wasn't with the Ram!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

nagdefy wrote: »
    Niamh, to the best of my knowledge wasn't with the Ram!

That can be the next big story

• Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Callum and Oisin meeting for the first time ever and acting like sworn enemies still is a head scratcher for me..

Not, "Jeez, hi, no way. I'm Callum/Oisin. I'm your brother." Fook all that normal niceties BS. Straight to I hate your guts for no reason whatsoever, complete stranger!

walshb wrote: »
    Callum and Oisin meeting for the first time ever and acting like sworn enemies still is a head scratcher for me..

Not, "Jeez, hi, no way. I'm Callum/Oisin. I'm your brother." Fook all that normal niceties BS. Straight to I hate your guts for no reason whatsoever, complete stranger!

So there's not the possibility he was told by Rachel what Oisin was like and what an asshole he was before he meet him.
    I also think they had various exchanges on the phone and Skype before meeting in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

was reading this last night , found it on the internet. A few quite interesting things about the show and its history .... it even features paul Brennan with hair LOL :D

https://issuu.com/rooneymedia/docs/inside_fair_city

So there's not the possibility he was told by Rachel what Oisin was like and what an asshole he was before he meet him.
    I also think they had various exchanges on the phone and Skype before meeting in person.

The exact same Rachel that was sworn enemies with Callum from the first minute they met......yep, her form in that department may just give Callum the sense to give Oisin the benefit of the doubt in that respect!
    It was just cliché US teenage show style "sworn enemies" in the school hallway type behaviour, except these were 2 grown men!
    I still remember the scene "Hello brother", whilst they stood a metre apart staring at eachother, up there with the cringiest of FC offerings over the years!

I actually think it would be refreshing and more creative to have them as acquaintances working together, the contrasting dynamics would work well. Saying that there has been a few verbal exchanges between them that were quite humorous, mainly due to the actor that plays Oisins admirable execution of witty lines!
    A great character I must say, sick of him being merely used in stupid "Brennans Business Buzzwords, Bursaries and Bast@rdin Pod" scenes.
    He needs to work with other characters.

NEWSFLASH : The Talking Bread in Shock Fair City Compliment.

More to follow later................ (details of the compliment that is......no actual further compliments expected anytime soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Not a lick of paint touced McCoys or Niamh's old house in 10 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Blues_Rock

I had to share this when I was shown this just a while ago. I found this quite funny, especially the comment from the only donation so far. ;)

https://www.gofundme.com/paul-brennan-relief-fund

Worth a look, or even a donation for the don :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I wonder wah' kieth is up to now - should bring him back, hughie came back. - Niamh hasnt changed a bit ... Orla has

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hard to believe those clips were from a decade ago nearly. You'd wonder where we'll all be in ten years time!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Hard to believe those clips were from a decade ago nearly. You'd wonder where we'll all be in ten years time!

Still watching KT in her little box at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I see Hayley is following Carol's business style-notepad and biro.

Also, totally realistic to have a business meeting outside in bloody February, and to allow a temporary staff member of the establishment you're having it in interject with various smart comments.

Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Keith was a good oul character. Never forget the time he got Una tattooed on his buttock. He kept telling her he had a big surprise in store for her and she thought he was going to propose and he shows her his ar*e! Effortlessly funny. 10 years ago the show was better, 20 yrs ago too. Now the characters who are supposed to add humour and levity are Cristiano and Kerri Anne and they are just ditzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Paul's getting great value from Christine his new accountant. She must be a solicitor too because she had no problem dispensing legal advice re the spousal maintenance. Just for the record writers in the real world accountants don't touch legal stuff and vice versa !

• Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

desbrook wrote: »
    Paul's getting great value from Christine his new accountant. She must be a solicitor too because she had no problem dispensing legal advice re the spousal maintenance. Just for the record writers in the real world accountants don't touch legal stuff and vice versa !

Not as good as owl Stripey in the Ballintine. She was triple jobbing at the time, even doing the sparks works in the basement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

The exact same Rachel that was sworn enemies with Callum from the first minute they met......yep, her form in that department may just give Callum the sense to give Oisin the benefit of the doubt in that respect!
    It was just cliché US teenage show style "sworn enemies" in the school hallway type behaviour, except these were 2 grown men!
    I still remember the scene "Hello brother", whilst they stood a metre apart staring at eachother, up there with the cringiest of FC offerings over the years!

I actually think it would be refreshing and more creative to have them as acquaintances working together, the contrasting dynamics would work well. Saying that there has been a few verbal exchanges between them that were quite humorous, mainly due to the actor that plays Oisins admirable execution of witty lines!
    A great character I must say, sick of him being merely used in stupid "Brennans Business Buzzwords, Bursaries and Bast@rdin Pod" scenes.
    He needs to work with other characters.

Eh,Oisin stalked and terrorised Callum's mother! It's perfectly reasonable he would hate him from the off. Plus Oisin grew up with his dad in his life and had every privilege that Callum was denied. I would find it harder to believe if there were no sibling rivalry/jealousy issues between them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement