Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

his house is probably worth as much as his share of the plan and he has just walked out of it and left it behind. he's in it long enough to have paid off most of the mortgage by now.
    story makes no sense at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

No doubt, Paul is carrigstowns most fertile man after all! She'll find out she's pregnant, Paul will have no money left and she'll let on its deans, that's my theory ha

In fairness, Dean would know if its his kid fairly quickly

albino.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Okay...please don't kill me for asking this. But do we have any clue exactly how much money Dermot now has in total? It would be plausible if he was leaving with a few million, a life in a tropical climate, sipping cocktails from a pineapple.
    But so many people have now taken a cut from the PLAN, I reckon he's only got enough left for a battered sausage and curry chip from The Pig.

He started with 800k as far as I know. Paid 100k for passports. Then gave Niamh her 400k after she barged into the hospital room about 300 times. Then he lost 80k in his first escape attempt, which Wayne got. So 220k at most, but likely less because he bought medication and escape v2 probably has a cost. Come to think of it escape v1 might have cost something as well, plus sneaking back, unless that was part of the 100k for the passports!

Sparko wrote: »
    He started with 800k as far as I know. Paid 100k for passports. Then gave Niamh her 400k after she barged into the hospital room about 300 times. Then he lost 80k in his first escape attempt, which Wayne got. So 220k at most, but likely less because he bought medication and escape v2 probably has a cost. Come to think of it escape v1 might have cost something as well, plus sneaking back, unless that was part of the 100k for the passports!

And wasn't the point of the money to keep Ben alive so now that he is running away and leaving his business, house, access to medical care for Ben (which was only available in America a few months ago but now seems to be available from everywhere from Cavan to Edinburgh!) so he has increased Bens chances of death to more or less definite whilst also being on a suicide mission himself and never going to see tha Zoe one again!

Poor Dermisshh hasn't came out of the Plan well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Sparko wrote: »

That's exactly what I thought. Then I thought I must, must be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Every now and then a character will deliver a line which I will physically applaud. Now I'm not the biggest of Paul Brennan fans, but when he turned around to his pathetic, never-keeps-her-word wife and said "You didn't think twice about the family home when you shacked up with Michael did you?", that wiped that stupid smug grin off her face that has been residing there for months now, and man that was satisfying!

If and when someone says to her "Why don't you just leave him once and for all, you're all talk no action" I think I may throw a party. :D

I think that's what CHewey was sayin to her for the past few weeks (feels like years now!).

I missed the bit with Nicola a few months ago.... did she have some devious plan on the go with Oisin?

Also, is Nicola close to putting 2+2 together on Niamh's 'plans', i.e. she knows that Niamh knew about Haley and was planning to leggit (after yet another passport-left-lying-around sketch), but Nicola doesn't know that Oisin knew about Paul's affair (in terms of the 'phantom blackmailer').

Anyone think Wayne will ever deliver the comeuppance to Paul, the guy is like Cliff Barnes to Paul's JR. Always doomed to fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

And wasn't the point of the money to keep Ben alive so now that he is running away and leaving his business, house, access to medical care for Ben (which was only available in America a few months ago but now seems to be available from everywhere from Cavan to Edinburgh!) so he has increased Bens chances of death to more or less definite whilst also being on a suicide mission himself and never going to see tha Zoe one again!

Poor Dermisshh hasn't came out of the Plan well!

Yeah the writers lost the run of themselves again. The moment he was "cured" and conceded to transfer half of the cash to Niamh, he should have realised that he was on a hiding to nothing and would be better off just transferring the full amount back to Paul and pretend it never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Gebgbegb wrote: »

Anyone think Wayne will ever deliver the comeuppance to Paul, the guy is like Cliff Barnes to Paul's JR. Always doomed to fail?

It would be great if Wayne did get the garage, the final nail in Paul's coffin. Sadly, I think you're right, things will fall apart for Wayne and yet again we'll get Paul's nasty sneer as he mocks Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Why is Paul even paying Nicola every month? Oisín is an adult and Paul only made his money years after they divorced. If anything, Nicola would've been more well off than Paul at the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

youwould wrote: »
    Why is Paul even paying Nicola every month? Oisín is an adult and Paul only made his money years after they divorced. If anything, Nicola would've been more well off than Paul at the time?

Paul is probably still carrying a candle for Nicola!

• Advertisement

youwould wrote: »

I didn't see tonight!

SERIOUSLY!!!! Paul is paying Nicola maintenance for a grown man that lives on the other side of the country, he is setting up businesses for and allowing him to live in their tiny house!

Sorry, what???

Fair City writers are off the wall!!

Paul is probably still carrying a candle for Nicola!

I wish the both of them would bog off once and for all

I didn't see tonight!

SERIOUSLY!!!! Paul is paying Nicola maintenance for a grown man that lives on the other side of the country, he is setting up businesses for and allowing him to live in their tiny house!

Sorry, what???

Fair City writers are off the wall!!

I don't know if it's child maintenance or alimony, either way it's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why is Paul paying maintenance for a grown man, ridiculous !!

Because hes not a man well mentally anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Paul the astute businessman paying maintenance for a 20 year old who lives with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

I hope Dermish is not gone for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Paul the astute businessman paying maintenance for a 20 year old who lives with him.

Maybe it's backdated child support, didn't Niamh mention to Hayley how he was living in his car not too long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

There has to be something mire to the Paul and Nicola money situation than just alimony/child support. The way they've both been referring to it is a bit weird. But maybe it's just poor writing/acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The writers have lost the plot, literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wednesday 1st March!

Ciaran's anxiety increases as Heather's memories of the day she fell begin to return. Orla worries Wayne is spending money carelessly, and Niamh buys Paul's shares in Carol's Cab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Jesus Dermot would be better staying at this stage. If the Gardai who aren't looking for him ever catch up with him (Check his house) he probably would serve if at all 18 months. He'd probabky get a suspended sentance. Even if and a big if in this country he got a custodial sentance of 4 years. He wouldn't serve half of that. They wouldn't send him to Mountjoy or Portlaoise. It would be a nice_open prison for him with the rest of the white collar embezzlers. In the real world he wouldn't even be up in court for years! He could even fight case. Unless Paul gets the designated Carraigstown Barrister/Solicitor first.

If he does run off (He'll be back, if he even makes it out of Dublin) or he gets caught and refuses to repay the money would his assets be sold off and the funds go to Paul? There's a good chunk of about 500k for Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

The writers need to get themselves an abacus Paul is down 800k. We have to assume he had no other money in the world and that his several businesses instantly stopped bringing in any funds, that all his tenants instantly stopped paying rent and that the bank demanded the 800k back instantly. No talk of payment plan of course. So, he has to come up with 800k or else..........the bailiffs seize.......all his assets and gaff. Of course he is going to sell all his assets (he was trying to save). If he sells the Pod, the Garage and his house he should have generated about 1.2 million!! Bonus for Paul he'll have 400k left over which se all know in FC land us enough to start over again, move away, never work again and fund your kids for the rest of their life.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Cormdogg wrote: »
    The writers need to get themselves an abacus Paul is down 800k. We have to assume he had no other money in the world and that his several businesses instantly stopped bringing in any funds, that all his tenants instantly stopped paying rent and that the bank demanded the 800k back instantly. No talk of payment plan of course. So, he has to come up with 800k or else..........the bailiffs seize.......all his assets and gaff. Of course he is going to sell all his assets (he was trying to save). If he sells the Pod, the Garage and his house he should have generated about 1.2 million!! Bonus for Paul he'll have 400k left over which se all know in FC land us enough to start over again, move away, never work again and fund your kids for the rest of their life.
    He got 330k from hughie. That brought down to 470k. Nicola offered him 450k for the house so it's down to 20k now.

It will be interesting to witness how the next meeting with Dermissssshhh and the foster agency goes.......... You would think Zoe may cut short the holiday (or what seems her erasmus year a few weeks/months early at this stage)
    You would also think the Garai would .......

Do you know what, f#ck it.....this entire Plan plot isn't even worth an effort at a humorous post anymore.

So what does that leave us with. The hilarity of Wayne spending money and something about Dean and the entire rest of the staff standing outside Vinos all day trying to look busy.

I think I may have to watch Red Rock at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Do you know what, f#ck it.....this entire Plan plot isn't even worth an effort at a humorous post anymore.
    Can the 'writers' that are mentioned on the credits at the end of each episode, not be hauled before whoever runs the show and asked "wtf are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

juuge wrote: »
    Can the 'writers' that are mentioned on the credits at the end of each episode, not be hauled before whoever runs the show and asked "wtf are you doing?

Obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

sligojoek wrote: »
    He got 330k from hughie. That brought down to 470k. Nicola offered him 450k for the house so it's down to 20k now.

Also, the 800k was savings in his bank account, not money that he actually owes to anyone. This storyline where he needs to recoup the 800k urgently and instantaneously makes NO sense whatsoever.....that money would effectively be profits he has made on the businesses and properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

How can Wayne afford to buy the garage sure he only has 80 grand? and plus didn't he buy some cars that Doug ordered aswell? doesn't add up

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

How can Wayne afford to buy the garage sure he only has 80 grand? and plus didn't he buy some cars that Doug ordered aswell? doesn't add up

Wayne and Pete buying the garage is yet another ridiculous plot. The two of them were flat broke a few months ago (that's why Wayne turned to chauffeuring)......the idea of them buying the garage and all its cars presumably is really stretching things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

He wants to use the 35 grand that's left of 'his half' of the money (remember he and Jennifer Aniston split the money after he lost the first 10 grand last week?), plus a contribution from Pete, as a deposit to buy the garage. He's asked Pete to act as guarantor for the loan and he's casually suggested that Doug can have an unspecified stake in the garage too, which will obviously end well.
    Dolly isn't as thick as him though so I think she's going to get the truth out of Wayne soon and possibly let him go ahead with the plan #573 because she haaaates Paul too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement