Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

tbh, she has always looked the same. reminds me of one of Sabrina the teenage witch's aunties.

Anyway, the woman is nearly 50 so I think she looks grand for her age.

Ah God no TTB she has more wrinkles than my mother 83. She's horrendously crinkly looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

eh..........................wasn't The Don one of the main beneficiaries of the scam that robbed Dolly of her million!!!!

And she wants to play the good samaritian to a man who has terrorised her son for years.

Christ, I know now where Wayne gets his brains, or lack thereof, from now!

On a sidenote the character of Wayne is one of the positives of the show and the actor is, better than many people actually notice. He is very consistent and his personality is very distinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fair play to Doll. Looking out for Paulio and his 80 k... couldn't give a fook about her own million...

This is how long you need to wait for Niamh to leave Paul:

310466_40138591.jpg

You really need to get over the Niamh not leaving Paul thing Wanderer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

nagdefy wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudia_Carroll

She's only 47/48!! She looks 60-65.

I'd've said 50-55 tops but she doesn't look a whole lot older now than she did 20 years or so ago when she was first in the show!

• Advertisement

nagdefy wrote: »
    Ah God no TTB she has more wrinkles than my mother 83. She's horrendously crinkly looking.

Meh, so what! No need for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

On a sidenote the character of Wayne is one of the positives of the show and the actor is, better than many people actually notice. He is very consistent and his personality is very distinct.

Whats positive about him? Hes a baby trapped in a mans body. even tonight he was sulking like a teenager when he didn't get his way about the garage. I mean, he is what? 40-42? And still acting like a little spoilt brat. I cant see anything good about him and is acting skills are like 90% of the cast- a distinct 3 out of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So Dermot paid off his mortgage months ago and now is giving the house to Jane? The house must be worth 300k...

So to recap. He stole 400k, spent 100k on passports, lost 80k and spent another 20k or so on getting out of the country?

If he had sold the house and bought two flights he would have been 100k better off?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Niamh offering Nicola fashion advice - priceless!

You really need to get over the Niamh not leaving Paul thing Wanderer! :D

Why? You love exposing plot holes and have made the same points re certain characters over and over again, just admit it you are jealous of my image skills. Anyway, the reason why the whole Niamh thing is so pathetic at this stage is the fact that she HERSELF said at least 3 times that she was going to break the news on Valentines Day and here we are on 22nd Feb with not a mention of it.

As I said before id be perfectly happy to ignore Paul and Niamh if they weren't shoved in our faces for 85% of the shows storylines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Junior laughing at Pete when he found the money in the bag was priceless.

The Ram Junior is going to break hearts!

Yeah, I wasn't sure if he was laughing at Pete or how ludicrous The Plan has become!

Why? You love exposing plot holes and have made the same points re certain characters over and over again, just admit it you are jealous of my image skills. Anyway, the reason why the whole Niamh thing is so pathetic at this stage is the fact that she HERSELF said at least 3 times that she was going to break the news on Valentines Day and here we are on 22nd Feb with not a mention of it.

As I said before id be perfectly happy to ignore Paul and Niamh if they weren't shoved in our faces for 85% of the shows storylines.

I was only joking! You do get very worked up about it though!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Meh, so what! No need for that!

She's such a horrible character her whole haggard look adds to her general 'witchiness'! Characters like Jane, 42, are ageing well.

I was only joking! You do get very worked up about it though!! :D

Better luck next time with a funnier image, Talking Bread :)

Whats positive about him? Hes a baby trapped in a mans body. even tonight he was sulking like a teenager when he didn't get his way about the garage. I mean, he is what? 40-42? And still acting like a little spoilt brat. I cant see anything good about him and is acting skills are like 90% of the cast- a distinct 3 out of 10.

I am not evaluating him, as a person, I am speaking about the character!

Like all good characters, it is their flaws that make them the character they are! Wayne's character is, as you have described him, and he makes ME anyway smile with some of his lines and stupid endeavours and failed attempts at glory! I think the character is supposed to portray the perpetual lovable loser and I think most viewers root for him in that respect, even after all the g()b****e things he has done!

And, I completely disagree, he plays his character very well and has him down to a tee and is consistent in how he portrays him.............which is the point of acting. Therefore he should be commended in that respect.

I am not evaluating him, as a person, I am speaking about the character!

Like all good characters, it is their flaws that make them the character they are! Wayne's character is, as you have described him, and he makes ME anyway smile with some of his lines and stupid endeavours and failed attempts at glory! I think the character is supposed to portray the perpetual lovable loser and I think most viewers root for him in that respect, even after all the g()b****e things he has done!

And, I completely disagree, he plays his character very well and has him down to a tee and is consistent in how he portrays him.............which is the point of acting. Therefore he should be commended in that respect.

Hes so boring though, if he were about 20 or 21 I probably would be rooting for him as he never seems to get anywhere but here he is a middle aged man still trying to get one over on the local businessman. At this hour of his life its just painful to watch. Plus his character is hardly ever on tv to make any impression. This is his only storyline since a year ago when he had to do something with Carol and luxury cars or something (I don't even remember now).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Junior has found the money twice now how about we get him to look for Katy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

Is Dermot gone for good now? Has his character been written out of the show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The show is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Danye wrote: »
    Is Dermot gone for good now? Has his character been written out of the show?
    Where's he gone now? Missed tonight's episode

Hes so boring though, if he were about 20 or 21 I probably would be rooting for him as he never seems to get anywhere but here he is a middle aged man still trying to get one over on the local businessman. At this hour of his life its just painful to watch. Plus his character is hardly ever on tv to make any impression. This is his only storyline since a year ago when he had to do something with Carol and luxury cars or something (I don't even remember now).

Ah, well I like him and what he portrays and I think the actor plays him well (ajnd importantly, consistently) (and yes, its a pity he isnt on more but FC writers haven't the creativity to add more depth to him so as that they can give him a different array of stories.)
    But when he is on, he isn't a character like Lycra Laura or Neckless or Mongo that you are sick of looking at after a couple of scenes (or even less).

That is how I evaluate characters/actors.

je551e wrote: »

Back of a van!

je551e wrote: »

The ould 3 months break I suppose. Back to collect the post and pay the TV Licence in May

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

je551e wrote:

He's driving around the naas road in the back of a Hiace.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How many more poisonous scenes with Jane and the son who hates her? Could they not mix it the fook up once in a while...? It's the same sh1te with them every time. About as realistic as Vino's surviving all these years on plates of tomatoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The ould 3 months break I suppose. Back to collect the post and pay the TV Licence in May

The aul character rotation in FC is quite like FÁS really..
    Month on/Month off...

To thine own self be true

Cazale wrote: »
    He's driving around the naas road in the back of a Hiace.

More like the RTÉ car park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Danye

But is he not terminally ill? How can he come back from that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement