Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ok WTF is happening now in the plan? Dermot screwed everyone over and will now keep all the money for himself. He obviously can't get away with it, and I can't figure out whether Niamh was laughing or crying at the end, maybe it was a mixture of both, maybe the shock of the whole thing.

Just because your dying doesn't give you a free pass to be an evil b*stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

I thought Dermot was brilliant in tonights episode. "It was me" as the nurses rush in. Credit where credits due, that was a brilliant scene.

He's reminding me a lot of Walter White. Has stopped giving a f**k as he realises he is on his way out. Reading some of the posts is pushing me to rewatch Breaking Bad to remember how Walter sorted out the cash with his family.

Pity Niamh's actress couldn't decide if she was laughing or crying. Terrible acting.

Did Dermot give Robbie envelopes recently to pass on to the kids after he had passed? Could be details of their bank accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

A reason why Dermot stabbed Niamh in the back is the fact that she too had an affair and moved in with another man less than two years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That was hilarious,when dermot announced it was him was comedy gold.
    Putting the combination on the compass has a really famous five vibe to it. I did enjoy that ,didn't think dermot would be so sly.
    Haley chose the wrong man,derms was the brains of the operation.
    Now I'm just wondering what thriller Hughie is going to.

Is Jane in on Dermot's plan or was he working alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

youwould wrote: »
    Clar is easily the best character in the show!
    I was watching "Pat Shortts entertainment on the telly", the other night. It featured a clip from Killenascully with the Bally boys. It was bugging me for ages who one of then was. Then it hit me. It was Claaaaaaawr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

EIREDriver wrote: »
    I thought Dermot was brilliant in tonights episode. "It was me" as the nurses rush in. Credit where credits due, that was a brilliant scene.

He's reminding me a lot of Walter White. Has stopped giving a f**k as he realises he is on his way out. Reading some of the posts is pushing me to rewatch Breaking Bad to remember how Walter sorted out the cash with his family.

Pity Niamh's actress couldn't decide if she was laughing or crying. Terrible acting.

Did Dermot give Robbie envelopes recently to pass on to the kids after he had passed? Could be details of their bank accounts?

It raises the question whether Dermot had any sympathy for Niamh at all or if his intention was to screw over both the Brennans from the very first moment. If it's the latter, it's a very clever twist : double cross the person who thinks they're in charge of the fraud, when they're the actually the one being scammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'd love to know who filmed and made the decision to leave Niamh's scene in at the end? Surely someone said: "Hold it, hold it, hold it. That is fooking terrible. Let's try it again, folks."

Whose plan is better: LH/K Ts or Niamh/Dermish/Jane's/ Hughie's/Binjimin/Callum's/whoever else knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    It raises the question whether Dermot had any sympathy for Niamh at all or if his intention was to screw over both the Brennans from the very first moment. If it's the latter, it's a very clever twist : double cross the person who thinks they're in charge of the fraud, when they're the actually the one being scammed.

I agree- Dermot was being very very clever by saying to Niamh at the start of The Plan "Are you SURE you want to do this, I need 100%, I have more to lose than you, you need to be fully committed" etc, giving the impression that Niamh was fully in control and all Dermot wanted was a cut of the money when in reality he was pulling the strings all along- he knew the legalities of offshore accounts, confidentiality etc. Very well played.

The only thing I'm worried about now is have the scriptwriters allowed for the very obvious next stage of the Plan in that when Paul finds out, or Niamh goes to the Guards, how is he going to defend what he has done? It was clearly him, he was the accountant so the buck stops with him. I would hope Dermot has that part covered, otherwise its a plan just built on sand. I'm very much enjoying this story though, and I have zero sympathy for Niamh. She also seems to look a lot older and more harassed these last 2 months, I wonder has she been reading boards.ie :P:D

I'm lost...why doesn't Niamh just log onto Dermish's laptop and press ctrl z? Better still, set up remote access and do it, saving her having to even open Dermish's laptop?

You can literally hear the Benny Hill music in Paulio's bank with all the transfers and movements of money, and the tellers scratching their heads in confusion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

walshb wrote: »
    I'm lost...why doesn't Niamh just log onto Dermish's laptop and press ctrl z? Better still, set up remote access and do it, saving her having to even open Dermish's laptop?

You can literally hear the Benny Hill music in Paulio's bank with all the transfers and movements of money, and the tellers scratching their heads in confusion!

To get the money BACK, you need to press Ctr + Z + O. Its that Extra O that has her confused.

Niamh must not think much of the account security policies, opening up an important company account using an unsecured pub wifi connection.

Also, last night, just after Dermot told Niamh he was the one who took the money, he pressed the assistance button straight after. He was obviously expecting Niamh to tear all the tubes out of him. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

I wonder will young Ruthie return from spain or will she decide to stay on and go to primary school over there? You know how often fair city characters have gone away on a short trip but stayed away indefinitely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

walshb wrote: »
    I'd love to know who filmed and made the decision to leave Niamh's scene in at the end? Surely someone said: "Hold it, hold it, hold it. That's is fooking terrible. Let's try it again, folks."

I think they're only allowed 1 take, something to do with production costs, even though they have 100s of millions in the budget they hate spending money... .. Big meanies. Ha!

I wonder will young Ruthie return from spain or will she decide to stay on and go to primary school over there? You know how often fair city characters have gone away on a short trip but stayed away indefinitely

Seeing as there are cast members in the show that go missing for months and years on end then there's no reason to believe that Ruuuuthie will be back anytime soon...

Wait for it. Late 2020 you'll hear footsteps down the stairs and bigger Ruuuthie appears shouting, mammy, daddy I've finished my colouring book!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

I hope the new Heather story will be better than the other ideas that have been on FC lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Dermot was a legend last night. Really enjoyed the hospital scene in the NEW bed. I presume he has enough evidence stashed away on Niamh in case she rats him out.
    I thought the plan involved Dermot dying and leaving the money for his kids.What's the PLAN when he get his transplant ?

jos28 wrote: »
    What's the PLAN when he get his transplant ?

He has the flu, FFS...What transplant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The TransPLANt. ........

How apt!

Seriously though!! We have been told ALL along he is terminally ill , has at this stage weeks/days to live according to his practitioners and y now he is going on a transplant list???????

Cue 30 references of the word transplant tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Just caught up on the latest episode. Good twist with Dermot he's the last person I would have expected to double cross Niamh! I really really really hope it doesn't end up being the biggest anti climax ever, as in the next time Niamh sees Dermot he smiles going 'yeah I took it all, I put it somewhere safer for you, sorry for worrying you there!'

I agree- Dermot was being very very clever by saying to Niamh at the start of The Plan "Are you SURE you want to do this, I need 100%, I have more to lose than you, you need to be fully committed" etc, giving the impression that Niamh was fully in control and all Dermot wanted was a cut of the money when in reality he was pulling the strings all along- he knew the legalities of offshore accounts, confidentiality etc. Very well played.

The only thing I'm worried about now is have the scriptwriters allowed for the very obvious next stage of the Plan in that when Paul finds out, or Niamh goes to the Guards, how is he going to defend what he has done? It was clearly him, he was the accountant so the buck stops with him. I would hope Dermot has that part covered, otherwise its a plan just built on sand. I'm very much enjoying this story though, and I have zero sympathy for Niamh. She also seems to look a lot older and more harassed these last 2 months, I wonder has she been reading boards.ie :P:D

My guess is that Dermot miraculously gets a liver transplant, leaving him in huge trouble with the Brennnans and perhaps the authorities.

It has been a very clever twist though. All along, we've seen Niamh driving forward the Plan and seemingly being completely in charge of events but not realising that she is one being scammed. Not only will the Plan not leave her better off, it will actually leave her much worse off and virtually penniless. Still, she has brought it on herself with her sheer greed, it couldn't happen to a nicer woman :)

• Advertisement

I love searching #FairCity on twitter! Never short of a gem of a tweet!

The reaction to Niamh's outburst at the end provided some good tweets!

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23FairCity&src=tyah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I think what looked like poor acting from Niamh at the end was deliberate - she was laughing and descended into tears when Don Paulio arrived - (it just looked crap)

Dermot isn't as Ill as he's making out - perhaps that's why he wanted to keep it secret from Binjimin - but let everyone else think it's terminal - okay so the chance of a transPlan (good one TTB) is normally slim - we all know Ciarán is heading for doom and he'd be the type to carry a card - I reckon Ciarán will slip on the insert from the selection box he left in KT's cell - Farrah will find him at that stage KT will be home and next year she'll probably get charged with manslaughter or something like that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Also at one point last night Niamh said that she thought Paul double-crossed her. Em, I don't think the guy you're scamming can double-cross ya luv!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Just caught up on the latest episode. Good twist with Dermot he's the last person I would have expected to double cross Niamh! I really really really hope it doesn't end up being the biggest anti climax ever, as in the next time Niamh sees Dermot he smiles going 'yeah I took it all, I put it somewhere safer for you, sorry for worrying you there!'

Oh god,I was thinking well played fair city,good twist but now you have me worried! This is FC after all,it probably will be a case of "I moved it yesterday to protect us....why,what did you think I meant?!"
    I will literally punch my TV if this happens.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Also at one point last night Niamh said that she thought Paul double-crossed her. Em, I don't think the guy you're scamming can double-cross ya luv!

That was so bad....She was making out that Paulio was sitting back laughing with menace as he took back what was rightfully his to begin with...Like I have said many times, who writes this bollix?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,471 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I hope the new Heather story will be better than the other ideas that have been on FC lately.
    Ah another never ending storyline, yipee

No doubt "Heathers revenge on Meeeeee Daaaaaa and Nussy" type plot.

Or she writes a book about the Ripeys ordeal

I love searching #FairCity on twitter! Never short of a gem of a tweet!

The reaction to Niamh's outburst at the end provided some good tweets!

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=%23FairCity&src=tyah

I'm pretty sure Niamh's laughing / crying was deliberate. She was doing both at the same time in response to finding out she had been double crossed all along by Dermot.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Niamh's laughing / crying was deliberate. She was doing both at the same time in response to finding out she had been double crossed all along by Dermot.

Deliberate or not it was fooking pathetic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I wonder if Dermot and Paul will form an allegiance against Niamh? Dermot takes the angle that he was protecting Paul from Niamh fleecing him by moving the funds? After all Paul is being the considerate one with wanting to put a trust in place for Dermot & kids. Niamh is on her own. Dermot, Jane, Hughie are all pretty much on same page.

Tonight's preview:

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fair-city-extras-30003038/10663567/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement