Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The ould 3 months break I suppose. Back to collect the post and pay the TV Licence in May

Going by Fair City standards they'd leave him off with theft and having illegal documents and they'd give him a massively sentence for having no TV llicence!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Going by Fair City standards they'd leave him off with theft and having illegal documents and they'd give him a massively sentence for having no TV llicence!

Naw, will be done for not paying the oul property tax, due in March, Jane won't think to pay it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Even though i know Dermot will be back soom im curious as to how they will play it, im guessing that he might be robbed whilst in hiding and is forced to come back to face the music and no doubt expose Niamhs part in it but i actually dont think Paul would even care at this stage he would probably just laugh it off and say ah shur i deserved it lets get a drink.

I agree about Jane she really cant take a hint. Tomorrow she will probably offer him money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Did he pay the rest of his mortgage off from the money he robbed from Paul?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I think people are forgetting that Dermot also left huge amounts of money for Ben and Zoe on their 18th birthdays resting in bank accounts. Shame Zoe will be half-turtle at that stage!

So....Dermot and Ben left yesterday to start a new life together. And still not a word about Zoe. That really is shocking writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Has Jane ever smiled? She's always so dour faced, the actress was the same in THe Clinic too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Will no one ask questions as to why Jane is now living in Dermots house, free gratis and for nothing , while Dermo and kid go "on the run"?

Funny how Zoe was mentioned twice in conversation recently, but no follow up as to what happens with her. A$$hole writers...haven't a f.ucking clue :mad:

(Pardon my language , but FC would make ya mad :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

walshb wrote: »
    How many more poisonous scenes with Jane and the son who hates her? Could they not mix it the fook up once in a while...? It's the same sh1te with them every time. About as realistic as Vino's surviving all these years on plates of tomatoes!

I wonder what happened to the set? We're only seeing the outside at every episode now. It's weird. They spend all their time out in the cold at The Station too and the garage hasn't been seen apart from the sign in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Some accountant Dermot was leaving his 350k paid for house. Does he think CAB wont seize it?

Why does Wayne not just set up his own garage?

Paul businesses man is happy to take market value for his gaff when most properties in Dublin are going way above asking!

Isn't Oisin also the manager of the garage?

Why was Caoimhe not at the launch of her business venture?

Why was Jane collecting pint glasses in the pub first thing in the morning?

Why was Paul and co. going for a coffee in the pub at night time?

How could Callum moving into Dermots house be a possibility in any parrallel universe?????

Are the cops going to interview Jane? Unless her and Dermo snook off to a solicitors and he signed the deeds over to her she can get the flock out of there! Jane would love the thought of ger ex running off with her kids and giving the local barmaid their house

One of the crappest, stupidest episodes in weeks.

It's actually a disgrace. The tv license inspector called to my front door today (I gave one) I had to laugh I was going to ask him what he thought of FC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why is Hayley playing Hard to get? She clearly fancies Dean so why won't she just give him a chance at least. He wouldn't have to ask me twice, he's pretty good looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dermot just letting Jane have the house is ridiculous for so many reasons!! They've outdone themselves with that little beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I wonder what Jo would say when she finds out Jane has got the house?
    Will she put it on the market as a four bed house on Carrickstown road with a barmaid in a short skirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

happyday wrote: »
    I wonder what happened to the set? We're only seeing the outside at every episode now. It's weird. They spend all their time out in the cold at The Station too and the garage hasn't been seen apart from the sign in months.

It's beyond strange, even by FC standards. Laura's 'gym' always took place in the park. But we haven't seen the Ballintine for a few months? Most of Vinos scenes are outside now. And the non-smokers in The Station drinking outside in winter is a joke. A lot of the recent scenes between Renee and Farrah have also been outside.

Didn't RTE sell off some land recently? Maybe they've run out of locations, so is it possible that 'The Arcade' with Eoghan's carphone wareWendyhouse and the Chilean boys coffee shop is actually filmed in Vinos/Spar/Ballintine?
    If poor Katy punched through the paper wall, she'd probably find herself in the middle of the Hungry Pig.

You've got to credit FC with one thing, it gets us all thinking...and keeps us confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Danye wrote: »
    But is he not terminally ill? How can he come back from that?

He is no longer terminally ill

What is the point of Mondo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Strazdas wrote: »
    Wayne and Pete buying the garage is yet another ridiculous plot. The two of them were flat broke a few months ago (that's why Wayne turned to chauffeuring)......the idea of them buying the garage and all its cars presumably is really stretching things.

Is either of them a mechanic or know one end of a car from the other. Wayne is like a big bould child...I want I want I want. Pete wtf he has two sons of his own, but he considers going in to business with Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,268 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Who's the new bearded barman. OK it's Joe! Thanks Paul. What happened Silent Steven?

What happened to the 20 euro a day budget this show is so bad I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,896 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

mloc123 wrote: »
    So Dermot paid off his mortgage months ago and now is giving the house to Jane? The house must be worth 300k...

So to recap. He stole 400k, spent 100k on passports, lost 80k and spent another 20k or so on getting out of the country?

If he had sold the house and bought two flights he would have been 100k better off?

Would the Criminal Assets Bureau have the right to seize the house now he has fled the country? Something sounds very peculiar about simply handing it over to his girlfriend for free.....for all the authorities know, she and Dermot planned the theft of Paul's money together.

Junior laughing at Pete when he found the money in the bag was priceless.

Dunno how Pete kept a straight face !! :D

• Advertisement

Why single Mondo out ???

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

fin12 wrote: »
    Why is Hayley playing Hard to get? She clearly fancies Dean so why won't she just give him a chance at least. He wouldn't have to ask me twice, he's pretty good looking.

Also it was a total u-turn on Tues ep where she was all over him..... I know there has always been an issue with continuity (and the writers think the audience have no memory) but 24hrs to do a flip flop on a a character and not expect us to notice?????

Also, if Dermot paid of the mortgage "months ago" , what money did he use and why would he bother if he was set to abandon and flee with his share of the "plan" proceeds and if that money has been gone from Pauls accounts for months then what is the big panic for now? Was that not savings he had accumulated? Surely his other assets would be enough to keep him afloat? its beyond ridiculous at this point and all the attempts of leaving us with cliff hangrers between ad breaks and episodes. So cringey.
    And I also remember at the beginning of all the "panic" over the missing money that someone suggested selling the family home and Niamh said "its in my name, Im not selling"..... Anyone else remember this???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Also it was a total u-turn on Tues ep where she was all over him..... I know there has always been an issue with continuity (and the writers think the audience have no memory) but 24hrs to do a flip flop on a a character and not expect us to notice?????

Also, if Dermot paid of the mortgage "months ago" , what money did he use and why would he bother if he was set to abandon and flee with his share of the "plan" proceeds and if that money has been gone from Pauls accounts for months then what is the big panic for now? Was that not savings he had accumulated? Surely his other assets would be enough to keep him afloat? its beyond ridiculous at this point and all the attempts of leaving us with cliff hangrers between ad breaks and episodes. So cringey.
    And I also remember at the beginning of all the "panic" over the missing money that someone suggested selling the family home and Niamh said "its in my name, Im not selling"..... Anyone else remember this???

I remember that alright. At least she's still refusing to sell it.

Re: Hayley and Dean. She tells him straight "I'm not interested." and straight away kisses him and they leave the outside smoking section of the pub full of non smokers to get a room!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A month or two before he paid off tb e mortgage he was scraping pennies together to give Emmet for a poker game. What was stopping him getting a loan on the strength of the house.
    Utter horse**** at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Also, if Dermot paid of the mortgage "months ago" , what money did he use and why would he bother

Months ago he thought he was going to die. If that was the case the mortgage would have died with him. He hardly had the money sure to replace Wayne's cheap suit when he damaged it in the cleaners a few months back. Must have been Paul's cash he used.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Cazale wrote: »
    Months ago he thought he was going to die. If that was the case the mortgage would have died with him. He hardly had the money sure to replace Wayne's cheap suit when he damaged it in the cleaners a few months back. Must have been Paul's cash he used.

Exactly.. forgot that bit about him dying.:D:D . why would he pay his mortgage off and would he not have to show the bank where the money came from ?
    And he thought Jane was going with him so what was going to happen to the fully paid off house when he left?
    And how can he legally sign it over to her now without it exposing where he has fled to?
    And is he divorced from jo? Surely she legally would have a say on what happens to the property and she could claim or could contest ?

Why single Mondo out ???

He was a major character back in the Celtic tiger days but ever since he returned around 2012 he has been nothing but a mix of a poor mans version of Wayne and a glorified extra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

To get Hayley a glass of white wine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Surely because Dermish is gone the safe-house now becomes an unsafe house, which would be unsafe for Jane to live in? No?

• Advertisement

Why isn't Dermot worried about Ben's education ? Where will he go to school ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement