Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

walshb wrote: »
    Surely because Dermish is gone the safe-house now becomes an unsafe house, which would be unsafe for Jane to live in? No?

Dermots house wasn't the safe house, that was another house that was also in walking distance from pheelan`s Spar :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why isn't Dermot worried about Ben's education ? Where will he go to school ?

Does he even go to school? If he's not up in his rooms with his comics he is sucking milkshakes in The Hungry Pig

The question is, how key a role is this compass going to play in The Plan...... I envisage it was just a plot device (no pun intended ) to get a few more scenes out of this never ending mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

The writer's could at least have had Dermot send Zoe to primary boarding school with Nicolas daughter:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What's the odds on Mondo still gone for that glass of white wine 3 months from now?

• Advertisement

45 of them lads, forty f#cling five writers!!!! Mental stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Why isn't Dermot worried about Ben's education ? Where will he go to school ?

I'm sure there are plenty schools in Tehran, Nairobi, Jakarta, Rio de Janeiro and Cotonou to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Ok So, Jane and Dermot are not married. So potential Gift Tax Liability would be as follows

Market Value of house say €350,000

Small Gift exemption less €3,000

Group C threshold less €16,250

Taxable value - 330,750

Tax at 33% - 109,148

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jane will have to cut down on the shoulderless tops and increase her hours in McCoys to pay that

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

bazermc wrote: »
    Ok So, Jane and Dermot are not married. So potential Gift Tax Liability would be as follows

Taxable value - 330,750

Tax at 33% - 109,148

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jane will have to cut down on the shoulderless tops and increase her hours in McCoys to pay that

Gift tax? Tax? Logic? It's FC, mate where people pay yearly gym fees to ponce around in February in a tiny part of the park in the freezing cold...Gift tax doesn't bother these people in the fooking slightest!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,896 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Taxable value - 330,750

Tax at 33% - 109,148

I love the way Dermot hands over the house to Jane as if it is a TV set or vacuum cleaner :D

Besides, isn't he obsessed with Ben and Zoe's future and inheritance? Surely the only people getting the house would be them.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    I love the way Dermot hands over the house to Jane as if it is a TV set or vacuum cleaner :D

Besides, isn't he obsessed with Ben and Zoe's future and inheritance? Surely the only people getting the house would be them.

He made more of a deal and an exhibition of handing over the f'king compass ffs!

Just think of it, had Niamh agreed to sell we would have had two sales agreed/contracts signed in the space of an episode, beating Hughie's POD purchase and Jo's launderette set up...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If she can't afford tops without shoulders their isn't a chance she'll be able to afford them with shoulders. Maybe she'll wear Zoe's clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The last time I wrote up a list of the plotholes of The Plan, it came to a very large list. Now its completely out of control, you could actually write a book on it at this stage. There are glaring mistakes and confusion in every episode. And IF, on the obscure chance, any of the writers ever read this thread, they still have zero incentive to change. The show gets half a million an episode and if they do think anything its "Well they give out about how bad it is but they are still watching it every week every month every year, hence they are adding to the ratings...".

Is it possible the FC script writers are playing US all along? :eek:

Yeh. I'm still holding out hope that Dermish does a Bobby Ewing on us!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,896 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The last time I wrote up a list of the plotholes of The Plan, it came to a very large list. Now its completely out of control, you could actually write a book on it at this stage. There are glaring mistakes and confusion in every episode. And IF, on the obscure chance, any of the writers ever read this thread, they still have zero incentive to change. The show gets half a million an episode and if they do think anything its "Well they give out about how bad it is but they are still watching it every week every month every year, hence they are adding to the ratings...".

One big criticism I'd make of the storyline is that it has led to non stop talk about money and financial transactions and investments and bank accounts, it's absolutely relentless at this stage. Are the Financial Times and Sunday Business Post required reading for the scriptwriters these days?

Btw, Orla said last night "It would be crazy to have all that money lying around and not invest it". Oh really? Any form of investment is always a gamble and there is a risk of losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Strazdas wrote:
    Btw, Orla said last night "It would be crazy to have all that money lying around and not invest it". Oh really? Any form of investment is always a gamble and there is a risk of losing it.

It would be crazy to leave it under the kitchen sink.

Strazdas wrote: »
    One big criticism I'd make of the storyline is that it has led to non stop talk about money and financial transactions and investments and bank accounts, it's absolutely relentless at this stage. Are the Financial Times and Sunday Business Post required reading for the scriptwriters these days?

Its been like this since The Bursary came along! I call the plethora of businessy terms we get every episode "The Brennan Business Buzzword Bonanza" !

You can imagine the 45 of them seeping through the Sunday Business Post or The Financial Times or Sammy Stamps Terms and Conditions picking out new words every episode!

business-words-collage-2-20891698.jpg

Im expecting Ruthie to stand up tonight and say "I don't know what a tracker mortgage is".

But she wont get an answer, she will be told to p!ss off and colour in something.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

The Hayley Dean on/off

Laura telling Dean she is only into fit guys , laura telling this to Dean who's muscles ate bursting out of his t-shirts , the scene is topped off by laura laughing at dean when he says he goes to the gym sometimes..

.more believable maybe say hayley been attracted to business men , least give the audience some credit

• Advertisement

The actor that plays Dean is some sort of failed pro boxer. And re the "I go to the gym sometimes " comment, god forbid they may remember Dean was a bare knuckle boxer.

Theres a very distinct pattern to the filler stories now. No doubt Eoghan and Christiano will be flirting over at the arcade in a few weeks and that will keep them going another few weeks, then if all else fails we always have the trio of Laura, Dan and Dean discussing her sex life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I love the way they throw €35,000 around like it's a €5 note!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

why couldn't Wayne have said the cash was his lotto winnings . . I mean it's not implausible that one could lodge the cheque from the lotto into an account and once it has cleared, take out the cash?

also are there flights out of Dublin on Christmas day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

No flights on Christmas Day. My mam flew out Christmas Eve.

Plus what is Orla doing with her half?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This whole money/fraud/plan has kept Fair City from having to look for new story lines, while Katy still hasn't figured out that the walls are just polystyrene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Ahhhhhh this is so stupid. Listen to Pete!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

they must have taken the key off dolly. she now has to ring the doorbell to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is like Lord of the rings, where the money is the ring, my precious...anyone who has is is unable to part with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

YAY !!! Go Dolores :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement