Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

whats this little extra thing that Paul said that he was going to "squeeze a bit more money out of wayne for the garage" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lucky Hayley got a night with Dean.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That scene with Paul & Dolores was pure and utter shyte. So predictable even Junior could have guessed it would happen. Dolores says she has something to give him, reaches into her bag and his response is he's not bringing the price of the garage down, that makes no fcuking sense.

I'm with you on this, it was utter garbage.

I don't think Dolores would throw all her principles out the window just because Paul was rude to her either. He's rude to loads of people, it's hardly a revelation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Sooo has anyone noticed Ben missing yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I thought that scene was good. She gladly handed it over because:
    1. She got a kick out of Paul squabbling for his own money (which will go straight back to the bank anyway!).
    2. Letting him know that 10k means nothing to her... but it means everything to him.
    She also got the dig in about him being a "great business man" too.

It was a nice little twist as I thought it would be Wayne to be the one to get the 'molloy revenge'... it shows that wayne still looks amateur and Delores will be the one with the cool head! It should be fun with Delores/Pete/Orla all trying to keep Wayne on the straight and narrow. But we all know he's doomed to fail.

It was a terrible scene. 'Here's your extra 10 grand', walks out with no receipt. What's stopping big bad Paul from turning around and saying what 10 grand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

With basic gaping plotholes it's actually obvious none of the writers watch FC. Outside of their own storyline they have no idea of what other stuff the characters have going on. Hughie went from destitute to flush, Nico forgot aboyt Hayley. Poor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I think Nicola knows what really happened and is playing a long game ie out to ruin Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I think Nicola knows what really happened and is playing a long game ie out to ruin Niamh

Haha probably, the current writers sure do love the long game!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

McLoughlin wrote: »

Not that i'd disagree because the writers just seem to not know what they are doing, but realistically she wouldn't play a long game because Niamh could run out any day. Niamh has the money now, she's just going all through this to make sure Paul has nothing which is just basically unrealistic. It's a ridiculous storyline.

I'm genuinely sure all the writers have a beginning and ending to this nonsense and maybe it's not all their fault, but the amount of episodes of Fair City which are just filler is truly remarkable.

I think it was the Talking Bread who brought up the subject, but RTE simply doesn't have the quality to run a soap which goes out four times a week. It should be halved. There is simply too much filler and storylines not only going nowhere, but become literally ludicrous.

They can't even seem to fully explain how events come together in a simple thing like a soap. As you watch Fair City, you can see the writers tie themselves up in knots because they have fulfill their four episode a week contract and this is what they come up with and what viewers have to put up with.

The Katy story, which the writers probably genuinely got excited about, has lost all interest in general. Does anyone even care about that storyline anymore? Seriously, does anyone genuinely care?

Just resolve it. But no, there's four episodes a week so the writers will continously just have Ciaran going in and out of the room with a sulky face on him explaining to Katy what the viewers already know and have seen. It's Gogglebox within Gogglebox. It's a Gogglebox inception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

threetrees wrote: »
    Dean and Hayley; it's like a silly schoolkid relationship. "Will ya go out with my friend?" or "my friend fancies ya". Could 45 scriptwriters not come up with something more mature?

I don't think the garage will be Molloy & Son, I bet it'll be Molloy, Ferguson & Sons.

Will they sell tractors:D

• Advertisement

Sooo has anyone noticed Ben missing yet ?

This is yet another plothole. Ben failing to show up at school would mean the school ringing Jane and asking where he was. If she lies to them, that would suggest she was in the plan for him to flee the country, which would put the spotlight back onto her and her possible involvement in the theft of the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Cormdogg wrote: »
    With basic gaping plotholes it's actually obvious none of the writers watch FC. Outside of their own storyline they have no idea of what other stuff the characters have going on. Hughie went from destitute to flush, Nico forgot aboyt Hayley. Poor

Well there'd be no pint in them watching it since what's been written today would be 3 or 4 months ahead of what's being seen. You might expect them to read the scripts of the other writers though - or does what gets wrote in the script get changed during filming and never get documented in a revised script? That probably happens a little bit on small inconsequential things - but something Ben disappearing all of a sudden without anyone copping on that either Dermot came back for him or that Jane bought him a flight to somewhere is ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

If you were dying or fleeing the country would you pay off your mortgage? Especially if you are fleeing the country with stolen money worth less than the value of your house? Pure sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I honestly think Fair City is more enjoyable to watch that Emmerdale, Corrie and Eastenders. Those 3 are just so boring or miserable they are unwatchable. Fair City is so bad it's unmissable:)

• Registered Users Posts: 56,358 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I honestly think Fair City is more enjoyable to watch that Emmerdale, Corrie and Eastenders. Those 3 are just so boring or miserable they are unwatchable. Fair City is so bad it's unmissable:)

Absolutely. Those soaps are the pits. I don't watch them. And even if a funny thread existed on the I wouldn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

One of my favourite Oisin scenes I think

The Don: "Haven't you heard of knocking"
    Oisin: "Ooops........knock knock......"

086_d0289206ed27c14ce0ec8e7301d1b7ef4a464ac4.jpg

Hard to believe he was only here less than a year! Did he even to get to meet KT!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

My favourite Oisin scene was when Paul and Neimh were arguing and Osion got comfortable on the sofa with a big bowl of popcorn.. Ha! .. Gets us a pic Bread... :)

What a lovely photo of The Weasel's Entry into the World

Everyone say "SPEAKEASY!!!!!"

098_c1cfa46a7180f86df10ddcfa5830777c88d015ad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Phone rings in 'Jane's' house.

."Hello, Jane Black speaking. "

"Hello, this is the Headmistress of Carrigstown Secondary School here. Can I speak to Dermot please?"

"Eh, no, Dermot has left the country. Gone to Asia or Africa, I think. Well, somewhere warm and sunny, anyway"

"Hmmm , I see. Well, can I speak to Dermot's wife, Jo, then? "

"Gone to Los Angeles, I'm afraid. "

"Oh! This is very strange indeed. Well, perhaps I can speak to Zoe for a moment, then?"

" Nope, gone to the Galapogos Islands, and been adopted by a tribe of giant tortoises, I believe. Sorry about that."

"Oh, for goodness sake. Well, I suppose I'll just have to speak to the youngest child, Benjamin, then. "

" Struck out again there, I'm afraid. He's not here either. I'm not sure, but maybe he's gone abroad with his Dad, or maybe not. Who knows? "

"Well, really,this is most irregular indeed. See, both of the children have missed a lot of school, Benjamin has only attended twice for the month of February. And Zoe hasn't been seen since the 18th of December. "

" Yeah, so...? "

"Well, this is obviously not good enough. Are you the cleaner or something? Is the house totally uninhabited then? "

"Of course it's inhabited. Dermot gave his house to me, as a small gift, for giving him glasses of water, spoons of medicine and so on. You know the way a lot of people do that nowadays. They give houses instead of presents. It's such a simple little thing. And it's easier than buying someone a box of chocolates. "

"Just give me a minute to get my head around this...... So, are you telling me that Dermot has left the country, his wife is living in the States, his older daughter Zoe has been residing with turtles on an island off South America, and his son Benjamin may or may not have gone with him? And Dermot presented you, out of the blue, with a house worth hundreds of thousands? Is that what I'm hearing here? "

" Well, duh! Yeah! What's so hard to understand about it? You're a teacher, aren't you? You must have seen things like this a hundred times before."

"Well, I must say I'm completely gobsmacked. I've never heard of such goings-on "

" Tell me, Principal, are you new to Carrigstown?"

"Well, yes. This is my first year at this school. "

" Ah, sure that explains it! Believe me, in just a short while, you'll see situations where people dissappear for months, properties are bought, sold and renovated overnight, new businesses start up in one evening, 60 year old men make a comfortable living selling phone covers, teenage girls are abducted and held down the street in plaster-board cells, people are embezzled out of millions, Chilean restaurants serve only tea, the local supermarket is also the confessional, pubs and chippers are open all hours, and nobody, nobody, minds their own fcukin business.
    And you think the small matter of kids missing school is a big thing?
    Well, you're in Carrigstown now.
    You have a lot to learn, missie ! "

Haha, Brilliant Coolhull. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Is the Garage that Ciaran has Katy locked up in his own garage? or is it the garage where he works & that Wayne & Pete have just bought?

Is the Garage that Ciaran has Katy locked up in his own garage? or is it the garage where he works & that Wayne & Pete have just bought?

It's his own workshop he has somewhere, some kinda cardboard lockup/ shed he has her in. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

coolhull wrote: »
    Phone rings in 'Jane's' house.

."Hello, Jane Black speaking. "

"Hello, this is the Headmistress of Carrigstown Secondary School here. Can I speak to Dermot please?"

"Eh, no, Dermot has left the country. Gone to Asia or Africa, I think. Well, somewhere warm and sunny, anyway"

"Hmmm , I see. Well, can I speak to Dermot's wife, Jo, then? "

"Gone to Los Angeles, I'm afraid. "

"Oh! This is very strange indeed. Well, perhaps I can speak to Zoe for a moment, then?"

" Nope, gone to the Galapogos Islands, and been adopted by a tribe of giant tortoises, I believe. Sorry about that."

"Oh, for goodness sake. Well, I suppose I'll just have to speak to the youngest child, Benjamin, then. "

" Struck out again there, I'm afraid. He's not here either. I'm not sure, but maybe he's gone abroad with his Dad, or maybe not. Who knows? "

"Well, really,this is most irregular indeed. See, both of the children have missed a lot of school, Benjamin has only attended twice for the month of February. And Zoe hasn't been seen since the 18th of December. "

" Yeah, so...? "

"Well, this is obviously not good enough. Are you the cleaner or something? Is the house totally uninhabited then? "

"Of course it's inhabited. Dermot gave his house to me, as a small gift, for giving him glasses of water, spoons of medicine and so on. You know the way a lot of people do that nowadays. It's such a simple little thing. And it's easier than buying someone a box of chocolates. "

"Just give me a minute to get my head around this...... So, are you telling me that Dermot has left the country, his wife is living in the States, his older daughter Zoe has been residing with turtles on an island off South America, and his son Benjamin may or may not have gone with him? And Dermot presented you, out of the blue, with a house worth hundreds of thousands? Is that what I'm hearing here? "

" Well, duh! Yeah! What's so hard to understand about it? You're a teacher, aren't you? You must have seen things like this a hundred times before."

"Well, I must say I'm completely gobsmacked. I've never heard of such goings-on "

" Tell me, Principal, are you new to Carrigstown?"

"Well, yes. This is my first year at this school. "

" Ah, sure that explains it! Believe me, in just a short while, you'll see situations where people dissappear for months, properties are bought, sold and renovated overnight, new businesses start up in one evening, 60 year old men make a comfortable living selling phone covers, teenage girls are abducted and held down the street in plaster-board cells, people are embezzled out of millions, Chilean restaurants serve only tea, the local supermarket is also the confessional, pubs and chippers are open all hours, and nobody, nobody, minds their own fcukin business.
    And you think the small matter of kids missing school is a big thing?
    Well, you're in Carrigstown now.
    You have a lot to learn, missie ! "

Spot on as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's the "Crossroads" of the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

walshb wrote: »
    Absolutely. Those soaps are the pits. I don't watch them. And even if a funny thread existed on the I wouldn't bother.

I feel FC is better than those 3 soaps too. FC can be poor and can be very good too but it has nicer characters that are more authentic than those others. Coronation St was good when the older and better characters were in it up until around 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

It's the crapness that I like about fair city. Wouldn't watch it without this thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What do you think, Is Oisin gone for good? I really hope not when he was and is such a fantastic and watchable character.

What do you think, Is Oisin gone for good? I really hope not when he was and is such a fantastic and watchable character.

Sadly, yes, I think so. ( well for a while)
    The actor, Stephen Ball, took a year out of college to take the role. He is studying English and Film.

Here is an extract from an interview last year:

“I was studying English and Film but I’ve taken a break because I wanted to do this properly.

“I always knew I wanted to work in TV and film but I wasn’t particularly sure what part - writing, acting, directing - of it I wanted to end up in career wise.

“I took a gap year before college to try and decide what area I wanted to focus on. Once I started in UCD and started to get involved in the Drama Society I knew that was where I wanted to be.

“It’s a great environment to work in. I never felt like I was new, which is a good thing.”

Although Stephen is no stranger to acting, he confessed that being on screen is a big change to stage work.

“It takes a bit of getting used to because things move at such a fast pace - there are four episodes filmed a week so it’s very quick,” he said.

“I’ve done a lot of college theatre in UCD and student films but this is my first TV gig.

“It’s a great one to land because it’s a household name. It’s also the closest thing to a nine to five office job you’ll get in this business.”

Although he’s put his studies on hold for the time being to focus on Fair City, Stephen said he hasn’t given up student life completely as he still lives with college pals.

“I live with a few other students so really it’s still like college life - just without the lectures,” he said"

Also here is the actor who plays Dermot's interview.

Yeah, I'll be back after 3 months. Its a job for life and sure the writers are excellent at working around the fact that I am a fugitive and The Don wants to kill me.

• Advertisement

Also here is the actor who plays Dermot's interview.

Yeah, I'll be back after 3 months. Its a job for life and sure the writers are excellent at working around the fact that I am a fugitive and The Don wants to kill me.

Of course he'll be back and Niamh will stay with Paul (meaning the entire Plan storyline and Dermot's terminal illness was complete and utter nonsense).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement