Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    Of course he'll be back and Niamh will stay with Paul (meaning the entire Plan storyline and Dermot's terminal illness was complete and utter nonsense).

Its some joke isn't it? I wasn't expecting them to deliver on both counts but if they at least killed off Dermot it would have been realistic. So many people in this country die of cancer and liver failure but it seems soap only go halfway when portraying this (initial shock, chemo, weakness) but they don't have the guts to show the sad ending that many people face. It was the same with Delores. I knew from the very first INSTANT of that storyline that she wasn't going to die. And I was right!

Same with Niamh, this whole Plan would have been a cool way to destroy Paul for all the affairs and treating Niamh like rubbish by having her walk into the sunset with his cash but alas no, every time she tries to flee she is dragged back. That is intentional and scripted and sends a message of "Ok audience we have a great 10 months of storylines coming up but ultimately none of the characters will be leaving or dying so when the dust settles its business as usual". At some point this year, Dermot and Paul and Niamh and Jane will be having a drink in McCoys and that's so pathetic its laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Its some joke isn't it? I wasn't expecting them to deliver on both counts but if they at least killed off Dermot it would have been realistic. So many people in this country die of cancer and liver failure but it seems soap only go halfway when portraying this (initial shock, chemo, weakness) but they don't have the guts to show the sad ending that many people face. It was the same with Delores. I knew from the very first INSTANT of that storyline that she wasn't going to die. And I was right!

Same with Niamh, this whole Plan would have been a cool way to destroy Paul for all the affairs and treating Niamh like rubbish by having her walk into the sunset with his cash but alas no, every time she tries to flee she is dragged back. That is intentional and scripted and sends a message of "Ok audience we have a great 10 months of storylines coming up but ultimately none of the characters will be leaving or dying so when the dust settles its business as usual". At some point this year, Dermot and Paul and Niamh and Jane will be having a drink in McCoys and that's so pathetic its laughable.

I knew Dermot wouldn't snuff it when he was spending most of his supposed last weeks on earth plotting against Paul and talking about money. Who on earth would do this if they thought / knew they had a couple of months to live?

As for The Plan itself, it must be the worst FC storyline ever. Six months of nonsense that doesn't really appear to have gone anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I knew Dermot wouldn't snuff it when he was spending most of his supposed last weeks on earth plotting against Paul and talking about money. Who on earth would do this if they thought / knew they had a couple of months to live?

As for The Plan itself, it must be the worst FC storyline ever. Six months of nonsense that doesn't really appear to have gone anywhere.

Brilliant material for the thread all the same!! That's all I am here for!

giphy.gif

The Plan also got so complicated that I genuinely don't know at this stage who owns how much money, who owes money, how many people know about it, what stage if any the investigation is at.

All I can say it.......wheres Zoe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

wheres Zoe?

It looks like we are meant to assume that she popped over to visit Jo on her travels and stayed with her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Plan & Other things Outcome:

Exterior; Morning Carraigstown.
    KT stumbles from the lock up, sun blinding her eyes, she realises slowly at first, quick look towards the Helping Hand, Credit Union, Bistro...She's home. All this time has passed and she has been kept in a polystyrene prison just feet from home, the realisation dawns...But the street is empty...Save for one other lost soul.

Dir: Camera Pans.

The same side of the road opposite direction.

Zoey wearing a hard shell on her back aka 'Teenage Mutant Turtle' slopes down the street leaving splotches of water in her wake. Looks determined.

Both turn into their respective homes and simultaneously scream " Where's me daaaaa!"

Dir: Cut to Farrah mouthing the same lines (She knows these off by heart) clasping Ciaran's hand he gestures to the pair, both KT and Zoey run towards them.

"Put us back in the lock up, now!" KT cries "You'll love it Zoey" she assures " we get selection boxes!!"

End Signature Tune.
    Roll Credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

...wheres Zoe?

wheres that one that dermi tried to shift that time ? - it was was his sister in law I think ... where did she disappear to?

Add to that the year (almost) of the KT siege which hasn't gone anywhere either !

Can't believe these stories aren't concluded . Why doesn't that happen and then new stories start ? Would that not be more logical ?
    Instead we have terminal illnesses , KT locked up for a year and 2 missing children ....plus a "plan" to ruin Paul getting more complicated each week . These stories take up months and go nowhere .

They throw in new stories like the return of Heather only to fall over the banisters , Mondo's mother who arrives and dies in 2 weeks , a gay Chilean in the country a week and his brother setting up a food stall selling coffee, Wayne buying a garage -will he, won't he ?

It's confusing and head wrecking ........All we want to see is some kind of conclusion and closure on the big stuff (Well I do !)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I suspect that the bare minimum of interior sets is down to the studio space needed for Dancing With The Stars.

It's borderline unworkable at the moment, and another nail in what little credibility they've left.

I noticed that since Ciaran was revealed as the kidnapper, there hasn't been one scene of him working in the garage with Doug or Ray or going for lunch with them, its as if they have completely forgot about him being a mechanic and needing the cash to keep two properties AND a 20 year old girl fed and watered.

Speaking of which, is Farrah paying any rent to him? Her and Ellie are living with him which means more food, more use of electricity etc, Ciaran was already somehow managing to pay rent on a reasonably sized house in Dublin alone and now there are 2 other people living with him?? Its absurd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I noticed that since Ciaran was revealed as the kidnapper, there hasn't been one scene of him working in the garage with Doug or Ray or going for lunch with them, its as if they have completely forgot about him being a mechanic and needing the cash to keep two properties AND a 20 year old girl fed and watered.

Speaking of which, is Farrah paying any rent to him? Her and Ellie are living with him which means more food, more use of electricity etc, Ciaran was already somehow managing to pay rent on a reasonably sized house in Dublin alone and now there are 2 other people living with him?? Its absurd.

Ciaran was only ever seen a few times in the garage anyway, and I only ever remember a scene with Paul once. Strange in comparison to how much Keith for example used to be shown in scenes with Ray and Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How to ruin Paul, frame him for kidnapping KT. Too late now but it would have made for a good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I suspect that the bare minimum of interior sets is down to the studio space needed for Dancing With The Stars.

It's borderline unworkable at the moment, and another nail in what little credibility they've left.

Good point. The Station, Hungry Pig, Vinos and the Community Centre all appear to have vanished.

The numerous scenes filmed outside Vinos were very telling : as a rule the show prefers to film indoors.

Good point. The Station, Hungry Pig, Vinos and the Community Centre all appear to have vanished.

The numerous scenes filmed outside Vinos were very telling : as a rule the show prefers to film indoors.

Come summer time there will probably be no indoor scenes at all, even Katy will be seen outside the Station for a pint before going back to her cardboard cell!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Brilliant material for the thread all the same!! That's all I am here for!

giphy.gif

Nothing to contribute but I never thought I would see the dya where there was a Rodney McKay gif in a Fair City thread

Nothing to contribute but I never thought I would see the dya where there was a Rodney McKay gif in a Fair City thread

Expect the unexpected with everything Fair City!

THE RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Swoooon

• Registered Users Posts: 56,358 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Oh FFS, Cheshire Cat...give us an owl smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,268 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Jaysis. Thought it was 40 coats

🌏 to Doll? You're owed 1 fooking million euro..

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Oh FFS, Cheshire Cat...give us an owl smile!

article-0-11F7BE05000005DC-444_634x644.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

"I've got big plans for the garage"

"Eh Wayne you know I'm hiding that O'Brien girl there yeah? Have you taken that into account?"

Niamh, me owl flower. What happened on Valentine's?

Cheshire Cat sounds a bit funny...Wanderer, what you reckon?

We would like to release Heather:

Jesus! And Dan had a bed for 6 months with a sore leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Heather plays being a little brain damaged very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

At the start of the episode Heather can't string a sentence together. By the ad break she's ready to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I didn't know people with mental pathologies suddenly transform into mentally challenged people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

It's just too easy to make smart comments about Heather :D

She seems like a nicer girl than before.

At least some fooking speech therapy before the cat's released?

• Advertisement

"A shortage of beds"

A Shortage????????????

You use the same bloody bed all the time! In fact the question is where did you f"ck Heather while Dermisssshhhh got his Drive Thru Liver Transplant!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement