Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Stephen Hawking would love to spend a few weeks in Carrickstown to study how time behaves differently in this tiny part of the world. Its the only way to explain:

People with severe brain injuries recovering in just 6 weeks, and well enough to be discharged.

Wayne now officially owns the garage outright, presumably all the paperwork is signed and dusted despite the fact that the initial offer was only made 2 days ago...

I really don't think they are going down the road of Alzheimers with Rose, that's giving the writers waaaayyyy too much credit. Forgotten PIN numbers is probably the only reason they have to introduce her in the scene.

I know I get slagged for praising Heather but that doesn't bother me, I think herself and Renee are the best actresses in FC hands down, and that wouldn't be hard given competition like Laura, Delores and Stripes. The only thing that concerns me is FC making her into this joke of a character who is struggling not only with mental illness but with a brain injury. Heather has a lot to offer as a character and if they are going to bury that amongst a tidal wave of mental difficulties its a crying shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Isn't the garage in a Cul-de-sac?
    It would make a terrible site for self service pumps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

in a small terraced street!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,370 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Quick, you better tell Wayne. The way things move in FC Doug and Ray will be pumping petrol by the ad break on Tuesday!

I think a wifi garage would be the way to go. Worked wonders in the launderette... you know, that place that runs itself!

Drive in, your car connects to wifi, diagnoses the fault, fills you up with petrol and away you go...

I feel sorry for Ellie she doesn't know which way her own mother will be, she will need counselling for the rest of her life.

Why does she keep saying her mummy will hate her?? Does she blame herself for Heather throwing herself off the stairs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Cormdogg wrote: »

I think it may be better passed on to the Famous 45

Next Sunday's spoiler!
    Jane discovers the true source of Wayne and Orla's ill-gotten fortune, and Heather reveals Farrah's secret. Meanwhile, Hayley is caught between Niahm and Carol.

Next Sunday's spoiler!
    Jane discovers the true source of Wayne and Orla's ill-gotten fortune, and Heather reveals Farrah's secret. Meanwhile, Hayley is caught between Niahm and Carol.

Anytime I watch The Plan these days this is exactly how I feel (watch to the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

sligojoek wrote: »
    Bingo to whoever called Rose having dementia issues.

I think it was me, but can't remember

• Advertisement

In fairness, I hope they don't screw around with such a story. The Ripeys are decent actors and Rose can hold her own of course, It is obvious where they got the idea from but it is still a potentially gripping story.

bazermc wrote: »
    I think it was me, but can't remember

In a way I hope that wasn't intentional :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Didnt they do this story already... with Heather being released from the Psychiatric Hospital and the family thinking she is not ready.........

Dean and Hayley.. ... someone wake me when its over. She wants him, he not interested, he wants her, she not interested. both moving on, neither interested. and then they will end up together anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

At least the writers got something right regarding having to wait 5 years before you can get a divorce, I thought Stripy was going to say something like.. 'I'll go down to the court and get one next week".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

branie2 wrote: »
    Pete was also Barreller in Upwardly Mobile. And I saw him live on stage in 2001.
    Oh I loved that drama..
    Judith was the main character in it?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

At least the writers got something right regarding having to wait 5 years before you can get a divorce, I thought Stripy was going to say something like.. 'I'll go down to the court and get one next week".

Not really

There's no way it has been 5 years since Judith and Tommy separated!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,370 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Not really

There's no way it has been 5 years since Judith and Tommy separated!

Not a chance! Sure isn't Judith due back from her three month stint in Africa shortly?

Fair City filmed at the ploughing in 2011 at this is where the picture of Jo and Tommy was taken but to the best of my knowledge they were still together in 2013 when Tommy allowed Judith to sleep with Like because I think the fire was in 2013 that Luke died in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

The name Junior is VERY grating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The name Junior is VERY grating
    Especially when he's actually Tommy Junior.

Wait till Tommy sees the new garage sign.

Fair City filmed at the ploughing in 2011 at this is where the picture of Jo and Tommy was taken but to the best of my knowledge they were still together in 2013 when Tommy allowed Judith to sleep with Like because I think the fire was in 2013 that Luke died in!

It was Jan 2012 when Greyie and Judith slept together first I think. Could be wrong. Fking hell that's long ago but seems only a couple of years ago. She went out with Bob also of course

It was Jan 2012 when Greyie and Judith slept together first I think. Could be wrong. Fking hell that's long ago but seems only a couple of years ago. She went out with Bob also of course

Yes, I think tough Judith was still with Tommy at the time of the fire.(I could be wrong about that)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It's so obvious that Wayne is going to bankrupt the business and lose every penny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I can't even remember what I was doing in Jan 2012 but you lads can remember what was going on in carrigstown. Fair play....I suppose! :pac:

I can't even remember what I was doing in Jan 2012 but you lads can remember what was going on in carrigstown. Fair play....I suppose! :pac:

ha glad I'm not the only one who feels like this! How on earth can anyone remember what was happening in Fair City that long ago? Its not like its that memorable surely?

In 5 years time will we remember all the ****e that's going on now or is it just becoming pure garbage? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

In 5 years time will we remember all the ****e that's going on now or is it just becoming pure garbage?

The current storylines will probably still be running in five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Cazale wrote: »
    In 5 years time will we remember all the ****e that's going on now or is it just becoming pure garbage?

The current storylines will probably still be running in five years.
    KT will still be in her cell celebrating her 30th birthday.

To thine own self be true

ha glad I'm not the only one who feels like this! How on earth can anyone remember what was happening in Fair City that long ago? Its not like its that memorable surely?

In 5 years time will we remember all the ****e that's going on now or is it just becoming pure garbage? :confused::confused:

I suppose I might be good to remember things but I find I can remember big stories by events in life and linking it back to them.

• Advertisement

March 8th is international woman's day and Fair City are doing an all female only episode

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement