Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Jeez now Rose has Christy coming!

Hayley has been in McCoys from open to close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

PS, her acting is terrible here. There, I said it. Stuttering every word doesn't make your depiction of a person with a brain injury believable.

I burst out laughing the other day from her acting. I'm sure it's supposed to be really dramatic but it comes across like a schoolyard impression of Christy Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I always wondered was Dolly playing away as a young wan as the old saying goes ' every child will tell it's own fadder' he doesn't looks even remotely like either Dolly or Harry. I missed the whole Billy and Carol saga. I remember after Lorcan died and his girlfriend ( she was good iirc) and the baby. It was happy days when Rita had all her young family under the one roof...funny I can't remeber Yvonne from that time.
    The original Yvonne was something of a nothing character, I think she was a sister of Suzanne in real life.
    As far as I can recall Suzanne was the only one of the Doyle children not to be recast.

I can't for the life of me remember what the original Delores looked like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

3 months of Header. Speaking. Like. This. And. Asking. Who. Is. Katy. With. Lovehate. In . Every. Scene. Like. A Possessive. Wierdo. Following. Meeeeeeeeeee DaAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Around. Everywhere. With. Bob. Rennee. And. Ellie. Also. All. Stuck. To. Header. All. Day. Long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Lackey wrote: »
    Now they are talking to Heather like they talk to Ellie

Ellie and Heather now have a combined mental age of about 7 between the 2 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ah its a shame to see Heather like this. The best actress in the show and they are reducing her to this severely mentally handicapped one-dimensional character. And whats the betting that Carol "I cant act my way out of a paper bag" Foley will pick up an award this year for lighting up a cigarette and telling Robbie how her uncle abused her as a child. Pah!

How many times is Paul going to sneer "Wayne is always going to be a loser"? Must be about 10 times by now.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Hayley and Niamh share an office but are waiting until the pub is open so they can have a meeting. Seems everyone else has the same plan its packed. Before lunch!

What's Carroll worried about? Paul invested his money already, what's the problem?

Why is he still broke? He's recouped 600k from sale of Pod and garage. His tenants all stop paying rent?

Is Ellie's Dad dead btw?

Last i remember Heather was painting him as a man with alcohol problems in Brazil. So giving her lying nature the man is probably sober as a judge.

3 months of Header. Speaking. Like. This. And. Asking. Who. Is. Katy. With. Lovehate. In . Every. Scene. Like. A Possessive. Wierdo. Following. Meeeeeeeeeee DaAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Around. Everywhere. With. Bob. Rennee. And. Ellie. Also. All. Stuck. To. Header. All. Day. Long.

Ah no please make it stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hayley told Niamh on Sunday that she would meet her the next day (Monday) for a breakfast meeting....which took place in a packed McCoys Tuesday morning at 10am, what a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Ciaran's eyes at the end there lol

• Advertisement

Hayley told Niamh on Sunday that she would meet her the next day (Monday) for a breakfast meeting....which took place in a packed McCoys Tuesday morning at 10am, what a joke.

No wonder Hughie could afford to buy the Pod with the amount of raging alcoholics in Carraigstown.

I know a fella who was working underground around 2002 when Luas lines were being installed. Basically he stuck his head above ground and got hit with a work machine but miraculously survived. He was in a coma for weeks. Then he came out of that and he had serious trouble with his speech and was very agitated. But 2 years later he was 95% ok. Just a few woeds that took a while to come to him. But he reared his 2 young kids and is with his wife and working.

Ciaran's eyes at the end there lol

The boy will crack with any more pressure.

nagdefy wrote: »
    I know a fella who was working underground around 2002 when Luas lines were being installed. Basically he stuck his head above ground and got hit with a work machine but miraculously survived. He was in a coma for weeks. Then he came out of that and he had serious trouble with his speech and was very agitated. But 2 years later he was 95% ok. Just a few woeds that took a while to come to him. But he reared his 2 young kids and is with his wife and working.

cough..........nice claim.............cough

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wait till Cheshire Cat gets wind of the fooking plan...mother of jaysus!

What's the story with Rose's outfit. She auditioning for Miss Marple?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cazale wrote: »
    What's the story with Rose's outfit. She auditioning for Miss Marple?

I think was actually thinking she was double moving and hadn't time to change!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I wouldn't trust Heather as far as I'd throw her...it wouldn't surprize me if she was pretending to be worse than she is.

Can you imagine her turning to the camera some evening and giving us all her best Jack Nicholson smile and maybe a bit of a wink...I think I'm beyond caring at this stage. I would like to see Brendan back on the scene though.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Dolly is doing the garage's books. Did she suddenly become the resident Carrigstown accountant?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Ciarán's head and neck movements remind me of Leo and his hands flailing about the place. Every time Ciarán moves his head and neck, the rest of his body stays still and his head looks like it's about to burst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,794 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

youwould wrote: »
    Dolly is doing the garage's books. Did she suddenly become the resident Carrigstown accountant?

I thought Jane had taken Dermot's job :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Ah its a shame to see Heather like this. The best actress in the show and they are reducing her to this severely mentally handicapped one-dimensional character. And whats the betting that Carol "I cant act my way out of a paper bag" Foley will pick up an award this year for lighting up a cigarette and telling Robbie how her uncle abused her as a child. Pah!

How many times is Paul going to sneer "Wayne is always going to be a loser"? Must be about 10 times by now.
    She seems to be aging fast and piling on the pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Just figured out something new. The best way to enjoy Fair City is to read the live commentary on this thread BEFORE actually watching the episode

Try it! :D

So, why hasn't Haley told Paulio all about THE PLAN and Niamh being behind it if she doesn't give a fook about giving back the €10,000?

And why can't they tell us how much the unpaid bill is that Paulio left behind in the garage? Maybe they're afraid they'll trip themselves up (AGAIN!).

This is the thing, FC have plenty of cast that they, like all soaps, could have a dozen or more plots going along at the same time but, instead their bizarre plot structure which ensures months and months of the same characters and repetitive scenes, plots which don't really go anywhere at all (and I am actually ignoring the writing here, just focusing how badly they manage their cast)
    I assume that their must be some sort of cast structure where you have the likes of The Don, Niamh, LoveHate on full time contracts while others are hired on staggered contracts, with some getting a few days work a year. I know they don't have the budget of other soaps but surely they could do a better job with plot time management/pacing.

The actors get a healthy days wage afaik where all their scenes for a few episodes are shot.

It comes down to the fact that the soap hasn't the plots to air 4 days a week but they have the characters to create more plots which could justify 4 episodes and relieve us of 5 scenes an episode over 4 weeks with Hayley and Dean's PATHETIC "will they/won't they" nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Laois_Man wrote: »
    So, why hasn't Haley told Paulio all about THE PLAN and Niamh being behind it if she doesn't give a fook about giving back the €10,000?

For the same reason Nicola didn't tell Paul I guess! It's always been pretty silly but the plot holes are gigantic these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

WAs Pete actually hustling for a few odd jobs here and there at the end of tonight episode and if so, why ? :rolleyes:

I've heard of Stockholm Syndrome situations, but am I the only one that thinks this "cameraderie" between LH and Kate has gone a wee bit too much? They had a great chance to end this idiotic storyline that time he left her in the wood, but no ...couldn't leave it there, the idiot scriptwriters!

Cringe all the way tonight looking and listening to Headtheball (no disrespect to anybody with genuine head injuries) but I really hope it's not going to be like that all the time.

Does anybody else want Brendan to come back?

Does anybody else want Brendan Oisin to come back?

:mad: Yes

In fact I would take Dermishhhh back if it rid us of these godawful Dean/Howdya Hayley scenes

• Advertisement

Happier times!

007.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement