Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Missed it tonight. How's the plan going?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Had to laugh at the doctors solution 'we'll give ye pamphlets' madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

So tonight Ellie knew KT is a homosexual but a few weeks ago she didn't know who KT was from Adam.... riiiight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I sadly have to say the bit about Header being send home early from hospital is true - an indictment of the poor services when it comes to brain injury in this country.

I'm in this position myself with a loved one and getting follow up services like speech therapy, physio etc is really difficult - the HSE just cut you adrift.

Header's depiction is a little more confused though with the writers being lazy and tacking on aphasia, with serious cognitive impairment and throwing in a good dose of inappropriate sexual behaviour - almost like they took all the myriad of potential issues and threw them into a mixing pot - without realising it's not like that in real life - just your usual caricature there which makes the actress playing Header seem over the top and ridiculous.

And I agree with Wanderer one of their best actresses and she's still compelling despite the pantomime she has to act to.

😉 Being serious for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Haha comical, header trying to bed Bob :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Haha that would be great in real life to say a kids drawing is rubbish and just blame it on brain damage and get away with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know, Cass and Bella better watch out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

And then Bob decides it's a great idea to take her out, just the two of them! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Whispering dirty talk.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I nearly snot myself when Heather said something about Ellie having special needs.

We've all been thinking it :D An 11 year old that acts like a 5 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The thing is Bob comes (pun intended ) with Renee (as they are joined at the hip) so it would be a very f#cked up arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

health warning

scene will cause permanent eye damage

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I nearly snot myself when Heather said something about Ellie having special needs.

We've all been thinking it :D An 11 year old that acts like a 5 year old.

Ellie's painting was like something a child in junior infants would do, but it would be better than Ellie's.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pretzill wrote: »
    just your usual caricature there which makes the actress playing Header seem over the top and ridiculous.

!

Her character has always been like that. Maybe she is a good actress, but for me the character doesn't really show or allow it.

Here's to 6 months of Pete digging with Waybe about money!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Here's to 6 months of Pete digging with Waybe about money!

I dont get it....... :D

Decide to apply to bank for a loan ... boom that same day, yep, you have it!

The Bank dont need to see a business proposal/do a credit check/look for collateral, not here in Fair City. These rules are moot. Relax...

Decide to buy a garage on Thursday night. Its yours!! signed sealed delivered by Sunday breakfast time.

Pete, doing a 360. Yes , he made his decision using a magic eight ball and now he is worried that Wayne is loser after all. I mean Paul keeps saying it when Pete is in vicinity.

Dolly "how is the planning permission going?" What are you worried about Dolly? Control, Alt, Shift, Enter, you will be pumping petrol By Thurs. :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The Bank dont need to see a business proposal/do a credit check/look for collateral, not here in Fair City. These rules are moot. Relax...

Especially after his last business failed suddenly. Would he not have debts built up from that? A quick check of the garages books would have seen any debts now owed too.

When's the speakeasy opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

When's the speakeasy opening?

Im going to say a week from Tuesday.....:D:D:D

Im going to say a week from Tuesday.....:D:D:D

Just thinking of it did Paul but the publican licence sometime before Christmas?
    Isn't this another asset he has or has he forgotten about it?

• Advertisement

The Speakeasy was never opening, much like Wayne'so drive through fuel service isn't opening. But they will get a year out of him setting it up. And then it falls apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Just thinking of it did Paul but the publican licence sometime before Christmas? Isn't this another asset he has or has he forgotten about it?

That would be another 100-200k raised which along with the pod and the garage sale would bring in enough for the debt. Sorted!

I love Heather's new tell the truth attitude. She'd be great on Gogglebox!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Decide to buy a garage on Thursday night. Its yours!! signed sealed delivered by Sunday breakfast time.

Pete, doing a 360. Yes , he made his decision using a magic eight ball and now he is worried that Wayne is loser after all. I mean Paul keeps saying it when Pete is in vicinity.

Dolly "how is the planning permission going?" What are you worried about Dolly? Control, Alt, Shift, Enter, you will be pumping petrol By Thurs. :P:P:P

Paul would never sell his flagship garage business to Wayne, he hates the guy and considers him an idiot and a loser. That is probably the most far fetched element of all.

I love Heather's new tell the truth attitude. She'd be great on Gogglebox!

She would give the likes of Niamh and Dermishhh some dose of reality if she ever Finds.Out.About.The.Plan.

"What.The.Fu#k.Sort.Of.Nonsense.Is.This.You.Have.Got.Going.On."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

This is the one thing that REALLY does my head in. Soapland property deals are done in the pub or on the street and all signed, sealed and delivered in 24 hours. No surveys, no solicitors, no bank managers..........
    I realise the writers can't follow real time lines or we's be waiting for months for Wayne to buy the garage. But please, credit us with a bit of sense, drag it out for at least a couple of weeks. It would have been far more realistic for Wayne's bank to refuse the loan on the grounds of the outstanding supplier debts. Paul would have had to do a bit more wriggling to get his hands on the cash for the garage. But oh no - the deal was done without even looking at the business's finances. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Just thinking of it did Paul but the publican licence sometime before Christmas?
    Isn't this another asset he has or has he forgotten about it?

Paulio never bought a license. If you remember, the fact that there was one available for purchase was something invented by Dermot and Niamh with just the exact timing required to force Paul to give Dermot Power of Attorney so that they could fleece him

The fact that Paul has forgotten all about the license and that Niamh was involved in it is just another massive plot hole.

I remember watching this episode and couldn't remember the location just found it was Smithfield Tower!

057_b9b520eaf029d70b285d1cc4692fe1a3ca9b221a.jpg

Wayne won't succeed. Business deals and Wayne is like mixing oil and water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Eoghan and Rose having the same conversation just in different settings. 'Turfing your poor mother out' 'Ma it's not like that..' repeat.. good god!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement