Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Now Hughie has joined the gang!

Midnight Feast!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is it just me or is the actress who plays Heather is doing a great job. And the lines she comes out with are pure gold...

In my opinion it's just you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Hayley Niamh and Carol= Bella Mafia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Is it just me or is the actress who plays Heather is doing a great job. And the lines she comes out with are pure gold...

I agree. Just a pity the scenario and script are utter crap.

I think she has been bad, even awful, it's far too overdone. But some of the lines are unintentionally hilarious! Unless the show is making a joke of mental illness with the dialogue......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

walshb wrote: »

Haha fair enough! i sure as hell wouldn't be able to play a person recovering from a brain injury like that - but I'm probably just enjoying the cheese aspect of it all!

I'm perplexed how anyone can think Cheshire Cat is doing a great job..even allowing for the pathetic script, her delivery, as usual is way too forced..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Heather is actually desperate. So embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

The Raptor wrote: »
    Does what's his name, the foreign fella have an actual coffee station at all? Or you just see him there with a towel thrown over his shoulder. He doesn't do anything else.

Training up to be Bob. . any day now he'll be headhunted by the hungry pig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

fin12 wrote: »
    Is there a new Garda campaign? Seem to be having campaigns quite often now.

Yep, it's a new personal safety campaign
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0301/856231-mobile-phone-thefts/

I'm perplexed how anyone can think Cheshire Cat is doing a great job..even allowing for the pathetic script, her delivery, as usual is way too forced..

In a wooden show like FC, the current version of her character has far more depth than any other character. That said, it hasn't been backed up with any decent backstory. But in terms of a person with a brain injury, its the most believable character in FC right now. I think she's playing it well.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    In a wooden show like FC, the current version of her character has far more depth than any other character. That said, it hasn't been backed up with any decent backstory. But in terms of a person with a brain injury, its the most believable character in FC right now. I think she's playing it well.

But there is no definitive version of a "brain injured person?" In fact, the title, brain-injured itself indicates that. She just seems to be trying too hard and isn't very consistent with her execution. I mean one minute SHE.IS.SPEAKING.LIKE.THIS, the next she is fluent in word execution.

It isn't the worst actually but I think the plot and dialogue and the fact she is surrounded by a swarm makes it ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Nope. I think shes fantastic as well so you can add two to that list but at least I can come up with decent and robust reasons as to why I like her instead of passive aggressive stupid "jokes" aimed at people who disagree with you, eh? ;)

On that note, Heather and Bob and Renee and Rose are the only ones who can act in FC so its been a fascinating storyline. Bit unrealistic that Ciaran is hanging around them all day every day ( the writers seem to have forgotten he has a job) but other than that I like where its going.

Quote of the episode: Debbie walks into the café and Rose says can I get you a coffee, to which Debbie replies "I cant stop Rose, I have to go to work". SO WHY DID YOU EVEN FCUKING WALK INTO THE CAFE THEN?????:D:D:D

It isn't the worst actually but I think the plot and dialogue and the fact she is surrounded by a swarm makes it ridiculous!

I said what I said in the context of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,804 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Una is one of FC's best in terms of acting

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Una is one of FC's best in terms of acting

Absolutely spot on. She actually has a lot of other acting work done outside of FC along with Bob and Heather and it shows straight away when they are on screen with the other "regular" actors like Damien, Laura, Sash, Niamh etc. Its a pity they are at the mercy of a very inconsistent script writing but whatever they are handed they do their best with it. And sadly the likes of Carol wins awards for lighting up a few fags and rehashing her tired old tough upbringing storyline....shame.

Every second FC scene at the moment.

C5w2inOXQAAGK0O.jpg

Get off the stage, Una!

Get off the stage, Una!

Why exactly don't you like her?

• Advertisement

Why exactly don't you like her?

I don't dislike her. I don't know her. My posts are meant in jest.

When does Cristiano join Niamh's plan as he is involved in everyone's beeswax so far

When did Carol find out??? I must have missed that part.

She was in a few scenes with Greasy and Dermisssshhhh when he was hiding out while her son minded the house on his own.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Carol and niamh nearly having fisty cuffs this evening.......now that I'd loved too see, ID say Niamh would hold her own against nasty Carol

Also chilli boy is annoying , hanging out with gripeys ma now because greasys ma is gonae awol LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Pillow talk I'd imagine.

If she knew all along as I presume Robbie told her why sack Wayne for Paul :confused:

Carol 100% knew. There were arguments that Carol was worried Paul will find out about Robbie's involvement in helping Dermot

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If she knew all along as I presume Robbie told her why sack Wayne for Paul :confused:

Im so confused as to who knows what at this stage. Why didnt Robbie just tell Paul when he was winding him up the other week? Or Carol should now tell Paul Niamh was behind this. But i still cant see Paul leaving her over this. He will blame Dermot and forgive her...

• Advertisement

With Oisin gone, Paul has no one, even Callum helped Dermot and Jane

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement