Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    With Oisin gone, Paul has no one, even Callum helped Dermot and Jane

Sure isn't Niamh still, ridiculously, with him, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

They finally announced Tinky-Winky's supposed age.

The question is, is it Decimal 11 or Binary 11?

Jesus Wayne you just bought a business and the first thing you do is go off with the wife off to Galway, like what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Also chilli boy is annoying , hanging out with gripeys ma now because greasys ma is gonae awol LOL!

He has his eye on one of her scarves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't know why people think Heather's acting is unrealistic, she's brain damaged! Brain damage is not a uniform thing.... I wonder did she do any research for the part.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,804 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What money has Wayne and Orla left, I thought the 80k was all used as down payment for garage plus with Pete's loan :confused:

What money has Wayne and Orla left, I thought the 80k was all used as down payment for garage plus with Pete's loan :confused:

I think only Wayne gave his 40k and she kept hers

Me too, I found it strange when Wayne offered to give Pete his investment money back. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Is it just me or is the actress who plays Heather is doing a great job. And the lines she comes out with are pure gold...

I could've sworn at the end when she said to Renee "shut up, you. I'm going." that she actually said "shut up you old goat!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Why does Rose have an ould hat super glued to her head?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Dolly sickens me. She knows what a numpty Wayne is and yet she shouts Pete down every time he has misgivings about the "project".

So we finally find out for definite Ellie is 11. Lol! I guess the writers must look in here now and then.

youwould wrote: »

Ha, it wasn't as bad as Rita's in Corrie tonight though! She genuinely looked like a homeless tramp, or Bird Lady in Home Alone!

enhanced-buzz-982-1386974156-0.jpg

C525hq6XEBgG7m0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

youwould wrote: »

She's like an ould farmer or something :)

maurv1 wrote: »
    D.

So we finally find out for definite Ellie is 11. Lol! I guess the writers must look in here now and then.

More like 1 + 1

Be great to see Eoghan on First Dates Ireland :p

If I was Ellie I'd terminated me contract... It's rediclicous how they portray her as 11 year old, yet they have her acting a a 5-6 year old..... If they, the writers /producers read this thread they may see what we're seeing and make Ellie more age appropriate, although that won't happen for a while as they're plots and plans are a few weeks / months ahead of what we see.

maurv1 wrote: »
    Dolly sickens me. She knows what a numpty Wayne is and yet she shouts Pete down every time he has misgivings about the "project".

Did Wayne mention tonight paying Dolly back, is this a first :eek: Dolly is not Molloy anymore she is now Ferguson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

So we had weeks of Christi-ah-no (who comes up with these names...brilliant) linking Kerri-ann down the street, then he hooked onto Nora and now he's with Rose. Now they have him doing a Cilla Black Blind Date kinda' thing with Eoghan. And he only came for a week to check on the brother.

Has Decco joined Zoe in the Galápagos Islands? We haven't seen him for months. Has he ever met Christi-ah-no?

What's the story with Hayley's eyelashes? They look as though they are going to come alive and devour her.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A year ago my brother had to have a very sudden and serious brain operation. It was a success and we were told he'd be out in three weeks. After I drove back from Cork to Sligo I was greeted with the news that he was getting out the next day with a prescription for nearly €800 worth of tablets.
    I drove back to Tipperary the next day for a week to help out. Unlike Heather he was stretched out on the couch and talking like he was pi$$ed all the time. We brought him to his GP after two days and it was discovered they'd given him a sh1tload of "end of life" type morphine to keep him sedated. She put him on weaker but still very strong pain killers and he was much better.

I can't comment on Una's acting as they were two different brain problems but I know first hand that when there's a bed needed they'll do anything to free it up. Maybe paul is due a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't know why people think Heather's acting is unrealistic, she's brain damaged! Brain damage is not a uniform thing.... I wonder did she do any research for the part.?

Because it's very inconsistent, as well as coming across way OTT. FC just seem to say act silly. Go for it, sure what's the harm, and then at times, don't act silly, sure go for it, what's the harm.

Cheshire Cat sounds ridiculous, and for me it comes across as not at all authentic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

sligojoek wrote: »
    A year ago my brother had to have a very sudden and serious brain operation

Hope your brother makes a complete recovery, joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks. He should make a full recovery. He only started driving again since xmas and is back to work part time. It'll be another 12 months before he gets back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Im so confused as to who knows what at this stage. Why didnt Robbie just tell Paul when he was winding him up the other week? Or Carol should now tell Paul Niamh was behind this. But i still cant see Paul leaving her over this. He will blame Dermot and forgive her...

Everyone except Paul knows about the PLAN.. By the time everyone get a "hush" cut from the money Niamh will be lucky to have enough to buy lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Everyone except Paul knows about the PLAN.. By the time everyone get a "hush" cut from the money Niamh will be lucky to have enough to buy lunch

We're supposed to believe that everybody in Carrigstown hates Paul and this is the reason that nobody will tell him, but is he really that hated? He seems to be a prominent local businessman and property owner and presumably would know everyone in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I wonder how are Dermot & Ben getting on with their new life as fugitives ?:rolleyes:

I wonder how are Dermot & Ben getting on with their new life as fugitives ?:rolleyes:

Probably hiding out in the Laundrette. Poor Ben will be f*cked without his comics and milkshakes

As for Dermissssshhhh, how could he survive without the love of his life (I mean his love of Winter 16/17), Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Strazdas wrote: »
    We're supposed to believe that everybody in Carrigstown hates Paul and this is the reason that nobody will tell him, but is he really that hated? He seems to be a prominent local businessman and property owner and presumably would know everyone in the area.

Yeah get that they're making Paul the hate figure but its just gone too far now.
    Its actually getting to be a ridiculous story line at this stage, nearly as bad as the Heather one.

And then poor Katie, isnt she lucky that she has never gotten sick and needed a doctor/dentist in all that time cooped up in a windowless room!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Did Wayne mention tonight paying Dolly back, is this a first :eek: Dolly is not Molloy anymore she is now Ferguson

Indeed he did - I heard that too!! First time I've heard it mentioned in years!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Every now and then I get Fair city flashbacks, like the other night I could see Ann Clarke and her father having a conversation in the fathers house...but I couldn't make out what they were saying and the dreams I do be having, the most recent was Hannah Finnigan leaning over the newspapers on the counter in her shop talking to somebody...but just as I get a glimpse of who she's talking to I wake up and never find out who it was, it's very annoying.

Another flashback which occurs regularly is one where Rita and Bella were having a barney over his womanizing. Bella always had an eye for the ladies in the good old days.

My Fair City flash backs would generally involve Niamh, Paul, Donal and Nicola in Blue Dolphin. When I was young I though they had cool jobs on computers.
    Niamh and Orla taking cocaine on nights out.
    The whole Billy storyline and Carol owning The Galley.
    When Renee had the affair with Bob and the whole Floyd/Heather story.

I don't think Niamh was involved in the cocaine storyline. Although her and Orla are of a similar age and are cousins I have no recollection of them mixing in the same social circles

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement