Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Professor Sabina Brennan AKA Tess Halpin (Damien's Mam) is on the LLS tonight talking about the ageing process. Might be of use to us FC viewers who have aged rapidly in the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,603 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

hungrypig wrote: »
    Heather threatens to stab René and Bob with a huge knife and their response is to send her to stay with Ellie to give them a break...............faircity is so much like real life that sometimes I feel like I'm watching reality TV.........NOT

I think Heather should be left babysit Junior, Ruth, Saoirse and Jack and make them all sandwiches!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

coolhull wrote: »
    KT is turning into a nagging housewife.

"What the hell kept yeh ? I'm starvin! "
    "Yeh need to have a look at that shower, it's broken."

And it's only a matter of time till :

" Look at dat ceiling. It could do with a lick of paint"
    "Will ya change dat bulb for me. I can't hardly see dis picture I'm colourin' in. "
    " 'Tis not fay-or! Just look at me will ya? De same ould tracksuit on me for ten months now. I'd be ashamed of me life in case someone might drop in. Not even a mug o' tae nor a biscuit to offer them"
    "For fook's sake! There ya are, all dressed up to go meet your fancy woman, leavin' me here all on me own.'Tis well for yeh, so 'tis"
    "Just look at yeh! Yeh haven't done a day's work since November, and still yeh're able to swan around Carrigstown impregnatin' young wans. You're worse than the Ram ever was. Oh, a typical man, so yeh are! "

Dolly :" I'm going to bring Junior to the Zoo "
    Orla :" Oh, ok. Wait till I give you a few bob to buy him sweets."
    * takes out a roll of 50 euro notes and hands it over *
    "Have you enough there?"
    "Eh, yeah. We're only going to the zoo, not on a fcuking safari in West Africa."

Next week.....

Hughie: "Well, Orla, how did you get on in Galway?"
    Orla : Ah, I might as well have stayed at home. Sure half Carrigstown seemed to be in Galway. No sooner had we gotten off the train than we met Emmet and his forty coats, still sticking up 'missing' posters in Eyre Square. Then we met a couple of them Dillon girls on the steps of Marble Arch, and even Nussie was there on a break with one of them Red-hot Chile Peppers.
    Next time, I'm definitely going to go somewhere that I won't spot everyone that knows me.
    Maybe I'll try Kilkenny? "

Nagging Housewife. First thing I said to the other half within seconds of the scene starting. A whole load of poop. The lot of it. And to think people are earning a wage from this.

Tolka Row, The Riordans, Bracken, and Glenroe...all better than this muck....and they were bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Nagging Housewife. First thing I said to the other half within seconds of the scene starting. A whole load of poop. The lot of it. And to think people are earning a wage from this.

Tolka Row, The Riordans, Bracken, and Glenroe...all better than this muck....and they were bad enough.

I'd really hate FC to get good, it's really unintentionally comical, that's why I like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    I can't imagine Ciaran with a kid, I say he would be a complete controlling parent.

I hope Emmet is the dad not Ciaran

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

How can Emmet be the dad, did Farrah and Emmet have sex? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did you see them not having sex?

Boy, would that pi$$ Ciaran off?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I say so they were seeing each other for a while.... Emmetts hot how could she resist?

I just realised if Emmett is da dad Ciaran will kidnap the child to continue the torture of Emmett.

fin12 wrote: »
    I say so they were seeing each other for a while.... Emmetts hot how could she resist?

I just realised if Emmett is da dad Ciaran will kidnap the child to continue the torture of Emmett.

I really don't remember Farrah and Emmet being together.

• Advertisement

Ya Ciaran started to go all Pycho with Emmett over it and warning Farrah off him, they were seeing each other for at least a few weeks.

Sorry, yes I do remember now but it wasn't a sexual relationship, it was just a casual thing, like they just had a date in the Hungrypig or a drink in McCoy's.

Sorry, yes I do remember now but it wasn't a sexual relationship, it was just a casual thing, like they just had a date in the Hungrypig or a drink in McCoy's.

No I pretty sure Renee saw him leaving the shop early one morning and Farrah was like it's just a bit of fun.

Did anyone notice the empty space in the Spar? There seems to be a big void in front of the till area, it's like they've taken an isle away so that the residents can have space to argue among themselves..... They still have the extras hanging around the soft drinks fridge.

At this stage I have nearly stopped caring. Katy's shower is broken and she writes a note! We hope this will be the final end to her captivity, but I bet it isn't.

I can't stand the suspense! Because it's always disappointing. Once Katy is free I am done with FC.

I thought Jane packed in her job in McCoys to go on run with Dermot and now is back working there causing mayhem again

I thought Jane packed in her job in McCoys to go on run with Dermot and now is back working there causing mayhem again

I thought she gave up her pub job to be Derms personal assistant (before she knew about the Plan) then she's in on the Plan and was going about incognito with Jackie O glasses on and the police were wanting to question her, then she's back behind the bar, no questions asked.. :rolleyes: .... FC is gas altogether ... :D

I think they were definitely playing hide the sausage for a "casual on off couple"

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, I've seen the same reaction anywhere the plot is discussed, that people are tired of it now. Building the story up to a head in November but then moving away from it again and parking it for a few months is crazy stuff, that is not how you pace a storyline like this.

Tired of it "now"???? FFS I was tired of it last August :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I have always found the KT storyline to be pure rubbish, it was made very obvious back in May/June that Ciaran was involved and then they went and gave him a Home & away esque reason for the kidnapping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ah,I feel stupid, it makes sense (as much as sense can be applied to a Carrigstown plot.) why Jane is getting involved in Petes / Waynes business, no? Is it some warped reason because she is aware that the 80K is the money the love of her life, sorry love of her Winter got stolen off him messing up his "Plan" to escape?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

do the scriptwriters remember that emmet and farrah were together though?

hope it doesn't inherit any psycho genes from dad and its aunty heather, otherwise
    it is doomed. I hope emmet is the dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

do the scriptwriters remember that emmet and farrah were together though?

hope it doesn't inherit any psycho genes from dad and its aunty heather, otherwise
    it is doomed. I hope emmet is the dad.

I remember when Farrah was with max he wanted children but she didn't. was one of the reasons along with his fling with Heather that they split up. again the writers seem to have forgotten this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So I presume Debbie is now not one bit worried about having to move out because the SpeakEasy is not going ahead? Again, that hasn't once been mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

So I presume Debbie is now not one bit worried about having to move out because the SpeakEasy is not going ahead? Again, that hasn't once been mentioned.

A big hole in the storyline is that Paul has been selling off all his profit making businesses and yet holding onto all his properties.

The most far fetched one by far for me is that he would sell the garage. That is his fulltime job, meaning he has just made himself officially unemployed (!)

In real life Punters would be queuing down the street for that property and Wayne would be told where to go with his miserable 220,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

sligojoek wrote: »
    In real life Punters would be queuing down the street for that property and Wayne would be told where to go with his miserable 220,000.

Correct, and besides, Paul would hardly sell his flagship business anyway and put himself out of a job

• Registered Users Posts: 30,603 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have always found the KT storyline to be pure rubbish, it was made very obvious back in May/June that Ciaran was involved and then they went and gave him a Home & away esque reason for the kidnapping

Their were people on here and they couldn't see it was Ciaran was the kidnapper. It really made me relies how gullible people could be.

Does Paul own Barry's house where Debbie lives? Why hasn't he sold that yet instead of his businesses? He also had the flat Caoimhe lived in with Louise, is that now where Laura and Hayley live?

Dean and Mondo are in Yvonne's flat yes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Their were people on here and they couldn't see it was Ciaran was the kidnapper. It really made me relies how gullible people could be.

Indeed.... just like a real life case involving a missing girl in Portugal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement