Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why don't Paul & Nimah ever get 3+ months off screen like every other character in the show ??? I think all the viewers would love for the pair of them to **** off for a while

I wish she would fcuk off permanently, its bad enough that they are in almost every episode of the show but this ridiculous farce of her ruining Paul with these overly complicated plans when, at the end of the day, shes going to crawl back to him because she has zero self respect or follow through, is beyond irritating to watch.

The two of them have had their day and should be axed to give way for some fresh blood and new, interesting characters.

So Jane is trying to get the money back and Lee it for herself instead of getting it and giving it to dermot?

I thought Orla spilt the money 40k each so how come they have 50 left?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

gammygils wrote: »
    Hard day's work? Stickin a fork in 3 window boxes. Yeah!

That's the worst looking allotment I've ever seen. There's nothing growing in it! It's just an empty field.

I wish she would fcuk off permanently, its bad enough that they are in almost every episode of the show but this ridiculous farce of her ruining Paul with these overly complicated plans when, at the end of the day, shes going to crawl back to him because she has zero self respect or follow through, is beyond irritating to watch.

The two of them have had their day and should be axed to give way for some fresh blood and new, interesting characters.

I get the impression we're supposed to see Niamh as the new female Paul Brennan. A complete biatch and his alter ego, the proverbial couple from hell so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Ciaran to open a chain of miniature spa retreats when you just need to get away from it all. A relaxing ten month stay including colouring books, fig rolls and hot deli items from the local spar. A very late checkout comes as standard.

• Advertisement

galapagos.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,603 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cazale wrote: »
    Ciaran to open a chain of miniature spa retreats when you just need to get away from it all. A relaxing ten month stay including colouring books, fig rolls and hot deli items from the local spar. A very late checkout comes as standard.

Don't forget the en-suite facilities,laundry service, room service, cosmetics and toiletries, Portable DVD player as well as a range of tapas food!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Been away since last wednesday, cant believe we're back to another "where's my money". What can Jane do? She has no evidense, she can only further impicate herself, Orla could get on to Jo and have her out of that gaff quick smart. They could go to the cops as Jane has obviously been involved in the theft and the kidnapping of a child. Orla is her boss she can make her life a misery. In FC land what can she do? Tell Robbie/Dermot? So what? Tell Paul or cops? There's no proof. She's a known liar and scammer.

And what the fluich is Niamh getting up to with Caddles cabs? Last nights episode was unwatchable I'm giving it up for a while Im afraid. I'm not watching until KT gets out or we have a death

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Last thing I remember, I was
    Running for the door
    I had to find the passage back
    To the place I was before
    "Relax, " said the night man,
    "We are programmed to receive.
    You can check-out any time you like,
    But you can never leave! "

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If Wayne and Orla are so worried about what Jane will do why don't they (for now) log to Niamh's laptop via VPN and ctrl-transfer-WaynePeteGarage-WaynePeteFolder-PaulioFolderTemp.....

When Jane gets bored they simply transfer back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Cormdogg wrote: »

And what the fluich is Niamh getting up to with Caddles cabs? Last nights episode was unwatchable I'm giving it up for a while Im afraid. I'm not watching until KT gets out or we have a death

It's absolutely abissmal lately. The storylines are all ****e and Niamh Brennan is a seriously uninteresting character to watch. I give it a miss more than I watch.

Cormdogg wrote: »

I can't make head or tail of the Niamh / Carol / Hayley storyline. Something about Paul's money and shares and contracts and whether Hayley is working for Niamh or Carol (or neither), but it's all a blur really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

the whole story re the 80k is a mess. Seriously if you found 80K in a sports bag would you let Junior use the bag and the have it on full display for everyone??? I know its a soap opera but surely the writers aren't that stretched for stories?

I give it six months and Paul will be buying the garage back for 100k after Wayne messes things up again.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I can't make head or tail of the Niamh / Carol / Hayley storyline. Something about Paul's money and shares and contracts and whether Hayley is working for Niamh or Carol (or neither), but it's all a blur really.

It's the most off the charts ridiculously illogical story I have ever tried to understand. I said it before, it's that bad it's good!

I give it six months and Paul will be buying the garage back for 100k after Wayne messes things up again.

Via Niamh's algortithm, or via a toastie in McCoy's with a nod and a wink?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Paul and Niamh could save a fortune if Niamh decided to shop in Heatons....is Paul still on a 20euros a day budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Yeah why is Hayley involved with Niamh?? I know it's a cover up so she can use the few quid (and it is only a few at this stage ) she nicked off The Artist Formerly Known as The Don to set up a business but why in God's name would she involve the woman that TAFNATD was having an affair with.

The only thing I can think of is that I missed a scene where Hayley copped on Niamh was behind the embezzlement and, like half of the town, is blackmailing Niamh to get money from her so she doesn't tell TAFKATD?

I remember the scene where she f#cking told Hayley she knew about the affair but sure Hayley has come out better now!!!

I think I'm going mad, Ted.

walshb wrote: »
    It's the most off the charts ridiculously illogical story I have ever tried to understand. I said it before, it's that bad it's good!

I can only conclude the scriptwriters are voracious readers of the Financial Times. Virtually every single episode seems to be about investments and shares and money and bank accounts. Has Niamh had a single line in the last six months or so that wasn't about money?

I can only conclude the scriptwriters are voracious readers of the Financial Times. Virtually every single episode seems to be about investments and shares and money and bank accounts. Has Niamh had a single line in the last six months or so that wasn't about money?

Maybe it is a case of the writers just not having the foggiest clue of what to do...They seem to have gotten lost in it all, and now they don't know how to stop it.....

Simple: Bobby Ewing shower scene that explains away the past 9-10 months of the KT/Plan shambles.....

K T wakes up in one shower and Niamh in another, or maybe both in the same shower......

• Advertisement

the whole story re the 80k is a mess. Seriously if you found 80K in a sports bag would you let Junior use the bag and the have it on full display for everyone??? I know its a soap opera but surely the writers aren't that stretched for stories?

Orla thinks they still have 50k left even though. Wayne blew 10k, she burned lets say 2k on bags then they put half (bizarrely not all) into the garage. As usual it doesn't add up

Maybe it is a case of the writers just not having the foggiest clue of what to do...They seem to have gotten lost in it all, and now they don't know how to stop it.....

Simple: Bobby Ewing shower scene that explains away the past 9-10 months of the KT/Plan shambles.....

K T wakes up in one shower and Niamh in another, or maybe both in the same shower......

But sure her shower is broke, isn't it.............?

Jane still yet to be questioned by the Gardai, the taxman (Its impossible she could legally own the house anyway), social services, either of Bens mothers or anyone else who cares about Ben's welfare.

Did Hughie get his 10% yet?

The writers treat the viewers like IDIOTs!

Could Farrah have even been a month late? When does morning sickness kick in? It could be Emmets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

That's the worst looking allotment I've ever seen. There's nothing growing in it! It's just an empty field.

Not true!

There's also lots of people walking around in the background of it with shovels and stuff!

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Not true!

There's also lots of people walking around in the background of it with shovels and stuff!

And not a bit of growth or flowering this season yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So Jane is trying to get the money back and Lee it for herself instead of getting it and giving it to dermot?

I thought Orla spilt the money 40k each so how come they have 50 left?

I thought they put the money together and with the help of pete's money that's how they got the garage :confused:.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Not true!

Yes, I noticed them and a couple of garden sheds too. Nothing actually growing there though, it's just an empty field.....it could be your local soccer or GAA pitch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 starfruit2510

So much of the storyline re: Dermot robs the don, not thought out at all, where is Zoe, herself and the sister were going to the Galapagos for 'a few weeks' in early December, 2 months later still no sign of them, probably just as well as the other half of her family have legged it and forgotten to tell her

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Another forgotten storyline is Debbie and the Ram moving to Callan, last we saw before their last sabbatical was Debbie telling him she wasnt going, looked like they were breaking up or something. When they reappeared last week no word of it only back to Debbie trying to get rid Rose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Got it one there, well said. The writers started with the idea of turning Dermish into Walter White which was a good idea. Get Niamh involved so that she could finally get revenge on her cheating husband, again not a bad idea. Could have been a great storyline if they just stuck to it without getting lost. They have dragged it on too long, got far too many people involved and as you say they don't know how to stop it. It is ridiculous beyond belief at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement