Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Where is Nina O'Journalist these days.

katkin wrote: »
    Another forgotten storyline is Debbie and the Ram moving to Callan, last we saw before their last sabbatical was Debbie telling him she wasnt going, looked like they were breaking up or something. When they reappeared last week no word of it only back to Debbie trying to get rid Rose.

The Ram is getting far too settled for my liking. He would want to pull his trousers up down and have an affair fairly lively.

Slim pickings at the moment but Hayley will fill the void for the Spring season I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

The Ram is getting far too settled for my liking. He would want to pull his trousers up down and have an affair fairly lively.

Slim pickings at the moment but Hayley will fill the void for the Spring season I suppose.

Actually you'll find it's The Ram who fills the void

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Maybe he'll give your wan eoin was trying too crack onto a good seeing too in that allotment place ;)

Maybe he'll give your wan eoin was trying too crack onto a good seeing too in that allotment place ;)

nah, he will wait until Gripey is steady enough with her before he has her. Knowing Fair City and there "will they, won't they" sh1te, that could be a year or so.

• Advertisement

He will be lurking around outside McCoys Wednesday night for the "All Womens" pub lock in episode, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Back shortly to do a story about the plan. She's just preparing for it at the moment by doing an applied math course in chaos theory!

walshb wrote: »
    Back shortly to do a story about the plan. She's just preparing for it at the moment by doing an applied math course in chaos theory!

The only person who will be interested in that story is The Artist Formerly Known as The Don. The rest of the town know all about it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Its an all-women episode this Wednesday, I wonder will Zoe and her sister be joining the lock-in via Skype? :P

http://www.galapagostravelplanner.com/how-long-should-i-spend-in-the-galapagos-islands/

A great episode for Wednesday to put us all out of misery would be all the women in a lock-in in McCoy's brainstorming on how D fook they can untangle the Plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Is it just me...Everytime I see that cadbury's ad I think poor KT is trapped behind that desk!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

A great episode for Wednesday to put us all out of misery would be all the women in a lock-in in McCoy's brainstorming on how D fook they can untangle the Plan!

It'd be easier to untangle this

DSC_0779-1024x685.jpg

WikiPlan

The Plan: A

Some Facts:

PART A

What: The Plan resulted from Niamh finding out The Don had another affair, this time with Howdya Hayley.
    Why: The reason for the Plan was "I want everything". Niamh said this phrase 351 times throughout the course of the Plan's implementation.
    Everything: Yes, everything, except all his property and businesses, so, no, not everything. This has not been addressed of course.
    So What is "Everything" then? A few quid from his Credit Union A/C
    Oh? Yes.........Oh. A reasonablereaction.
    Who? Niamh and local Useless Accountant, Dermissshhhh Fahy........................And many more, in fact half the town, which I will address later.
    Oh?: Again, an apt reaction.
    Why Dermissshhh?: Dermisssshhhh is The Don's accountant with access to his accounts.
    But, why would Dermissshhh, you know, get involved: 1. Dermissshhhh has an adopted son with a life threatening illness that can only be monitored in USA so he went there with Dermmiisssshhh's wife but she hooked up with the doctor caring for Dermmmisssshhh's son, (henceforth called Binjimun) and told him to f£ck off back to Ireland wearing American clothes and talkijg American phrases for the first fortnight.
    But, eh, does that not mean Binjumin will die due to no available care: Sadly, this was never addressed but even saddrt, it doesn't look like it.
    Oh. Yes, indeed.
    So, you were Saying: Yes, well as it happened Dermissshhh himself has found out he has terminal (but not terminal) liver cancer (no surprise since he drinks, like the whole town, every night in a cold beer garden). So he needs money to care for Binjuminnnn and send Zoe, his other brat kid off on crazy holidays after he dies.
    But, eh, where is tjis care going to be provided for Binjuminnn if he has been deported from the States: This is another thing not addressed.
    Oh.
    I guess Dermissshhhhh's wife Jo will take him back to America when he dies, yeah: Haven't a clue, she wasn't even told, besides she doesn't give a sh!te despite spending over a decade fighting for him.
    So, this is why Dermisshh needs the money? Yes.
    So Niamh is not getting everything/it all despite all her mutterings and side looks at the end of so many episodes: No
    Oh.
    HOW: This is something that not even Einstein, Polgar and Hawking could figure out if they sat down together. But, here is a brief breakdown: Niamh will organise a trip to Barcelona for Don to see his miserable Sourpuss daughter Dermissshhhh will be given Power of Attorney when he goes to secure a licence for the Speakeasy.
    A Speakeasy, sorry what? : Oh christ, I beg of you please, please, please don't ask me about that.

Part B Tomorrow.......

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Spoiler for12/03/2017
    Robbie draws an unsuspecting Paul into a trap, and Niamh finds herself attracted to a stranger. Heather goes missing, and Dean shares his concerns about Troy with Leo.

Since Troy hasn't being mentioned with years does this mean we're due a visit from him and him going off with Cristiano?
    Is Niamh's new fella, one of Hayley's brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 30,603 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Niamh's new fella, one of Hayley's brothers

Haven't a clue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Maybe it is a case of the writers just not having the foggiest clue of what to do...They seem to have gotten lost in it all, and now they don't know how to stop it.....

Simple: Bobby Ewing shower scene that explains away the past 9-10 months of the KT/Plan shambles.....

K T wakes up in one shower and Niamh in another, or maybe both in the same shower......

I remember that 'dream' season of Dallas and watching it on one of those repeats channels a couple of years back. Early on it was Dallas with JR mourning Bobby's 'death' and Sue Ellen becoming an alcoholic again. Then (I guess when they knew Bobby was due to come back and this had to be a dream) they began to use their imagination. The second half of the series was influenced very strongly by James Bond and Indiana Jones.

The current series of Fair City is very different to earlier ones. While the stories are interesting, things have dragged on a bit too long. In fairness, the Katy thing in the real world could drag on for decades and she would not be as (relatively) well treated either. The Dermot/Paul/Niamh/Jane/Wayne intertangled story should be resolved ASAP. I want to see things backfire on Niamh here as she is enjoying things too much.

I'm outta here for a bit ��. It's a sign things have got beyond ridiculous when I can't even comment anymore ....reading back on recent comments most people's heads are melted here !! Fair city writers must be either kids , institutionalised all their lives from the real world , stupid , or taking the piss ! Storylines are beyond nonsense.

I've more to do with my time than wreck my brain or ask question after question here every day . There is nothing logical , there are no answers . The brighter evenings beckon .
    Enjoy x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Giving birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

See.....it CAN happen that writers can come along and explain plot holes. In the case of Die Hard, it has taken 29 years

http://entertainment.ie/cinema/news/The-screenwriter-of-Die-Hard-has-finally-cleared-up-a-major-plothole/391043.htm

So if that's the yardstick, we only have to wait until the year 2046 for the 38 Fair City writers to explain themselves.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Giving birth?

Now there's a story!

• Advertisement

"Can Someone Please Explain" is the most pointless way to begin a post on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

"Can Someone Please Explain" is the most pointless way to begin a post on this thread.

Can someone please explain why you think that is the case :p:p:p:p:p:p

I'm outta here for a bit ��. It's a sign things have got beyond ridiculous when I can't even comment anymore ....reading back on recent comments most people's heads are melted here !! Fair city writers must be either kids , institutionalised all their lives from the real world , stupid , or taking the piss ! Storylines are beyond nonsense.

I've more to do with my time than wreck my brain or ask question after question here every day . There is nothing logical , there are no answers . The brighter evenings beckon .
    Enjoy x

I kind of agree. I'd hate FC to become good (like that's ever going to happen) and leave us with little to slag if off for, but at the same time, when it's just ridiculously dumb it can be hard to come up with subtle and creative jibes. So dumb that even intelligent folks can't actually follow it and piece it together...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

'Tis awfully quiet around here :confused:

Says something about silly stagnant storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

It's like being a satire comedian trying to make a joke about Donald Trump. It's not fun anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

nagdefy wrote: »
    'Tis awfully quiet around here :confused:

Says something about silly stagnant storylines.

They should have ditched that Plan storyline at Christmas when they still had a chance. It's crazy that we're now into March and still talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It all sounds very sexist for tomorrow with only women featuring on Fair City.

I might boycott in protest, as there will be no men only episode. It is a soap, and in real life there are men and women, but this soap is ridiculous which is why people watch it.

Hayley has gone from Bettlejuice to a Christmas tree..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

For Jesus sake enough with the Katie storyline already. :mad:

How many years are they going to keep it up for? :confused:

• Advertisement

How's your dad Robert?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement