Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Don't blame them. I'm amazed the actors agree to act this stuff.

Id say they are absolutely cringing inside, that's why many of then have other jobs in order to make more money and actually explore different acting roles. FC is just a paycheque for some of them. The ONLY way they would change or improve the scripts is if viewer figures plummeted but its a stubborn half a million every single week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

There is no semblance of continuity even from one minute to the next

Hughie says to Jane ..."I'm going up to have something to eat, tell Orla to come up as soon as she comes in"

Orla arrives behind the bar and Jane says to her ..."Hughie is looking for you, he's outside in the beer garden"

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Summery for next week
    Troy lands back with issues about some fella and he probably end up going off with Cristiano
    Heather finds Katie's notes which gets passed from pillar to post and then she steals Hughies car and crashes it near Ciaran's garage.
    Niamh meets some guy called Marcus with she flirts with and probable ends up involving him in the plan and the sale of the Market Place.He ends up being a friend of Robbie's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

Id say they are absolutely cringing inside, that's why many of then have other jobs in order to make more money and actually explore different acting roles. FC is just a paycheque for some of them. The ONLY way they would change or improve the scripts is if viewer figures plummeted but its a stubborn half a million every single week!

I was saying just that a while back. The only way to get the writers to sit up and listen would be a significant drop in viewers. I think we need to talk to Joe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

I need a drink. Slan leat.

• Advertisement

How many plugs for international women's day is their going to be!(I'm watching it on plus one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'm on my last legs. It's beyond slagging now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Why doesn't Hayley tell Niamh to piss off. She's an independent business woman and still seems to need Niamh to run her life. Just when I thought nobody could be more stupid than Wayne Orla proves that yes she is. The writers of this show should be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

nagdefy wrote: »
    Hayley has gone from Bettlejuice to a Christmas tree..

No no no, she's totally seasonal, sure her top is made entirely out of shamrocks! I'd say she's just roadtesting her outfit for the parade next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

walshb wrote: »
    I'm on my last legs. It's beyond slagging now...

Same here. Gonna watch it now on the player and I really fear for myself. Thankfully I've a Jameson at the ready.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

****e ****e ****e international womens day, Gripey actually owns the phobe cart ****e ****e ****e, no safe or cash box in the garage no? ****e ****e pure absolute ****e. I thought it couldn't get this bad I was wrong. Not an iota of realism, consistency, timing, drama. It's not even funny :( It's not even funny on here. Where does the budget go? It's so bad I'm back to being angry 1. My license pays for it and 2. The actors treated like stars by RTE 3. The show NOT being broadly and regularly lambasted by the Irish media!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

someone explain to me what Orla was frantically looking for at end? - had she stored the money in the office of the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

someone explain to me what Orla was frantically looking for at end? - had she stored the money in the office of the pub?

well Jane broke into her house looking for the money and Wayne walked in on her before she found it. as anybody with a bit of sense would do, he thought that if he took it over to the pub, where Jane works, and asked Orla to mind it, Jane would surely find it, and she did. it was in the script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hitchens wrote: »
    There is no semblance of continuity even from one minute to the next

Hughie says to Jane ..."I'm going up to have something to eat, tell Orla to come up as soon as she comes in"

Orla arrives behind the bar and Jane says to her ..."Hughie is looking for you, he's outside in the beer garden"

:confused:

I think Jane sent Orla out the back so she could go to the office to lift the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

That episode beat all. It's worse and worse it's getting. In and out of the office stealing keys and leaving 40 K in a handbag in the same room an hour later. I'm finished with this sh1te. I'll check back in a few months to see if Zoe turned up and Katy survived /got out.

well Jane broke into her house looking for the money and Wayne walked in on her before she found it. as anybody with a bit of sense would do, he thought that if he took it over to the pub, where Jane works, and asked Orla to mind it, Jane would surely find it, and she did. it was in the script.

thanks, so Jane has 40k back? - I thought all the money (80k) had to be used to put towards loan to buy the Garage? - its bloody too confusing this storyline for a simpleton like me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Even Garda Deegan has f*cked off to the Galápagos Islands at this stage, as have all the cops.

We've joked about FC for many a year, but this is now ridiculous. Jane ransacks O & W's house, next scene Wayne bringing a money bag into the pub where said Jane works. "Would ya hide this up your jumper Orla, I have a PLAN?"

Thank jaysus I have a bottle of Bushmills in the press since Christmas, I'm about to attack it. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Sparko

thanks, so Jane has 40k back? - I thought all the money (80k) had to be used to put towards loan to buy the Garage? - its bloody too confusing this storyline for a simpleton like me!

My understanding was that they were using the remainder of the 80k (after losing 10k immediately to a scam and whatever Orla spent on Grafton Street) and Pete's business loan from the least demanding bank ever to buy the garage, and that was scraping together the 220k to offer Paul. But then in the space of a few episodes, they found another 10k to give him but then also still somehow had the remainder of Dermot's cash to consider buying shares in Carol's business and that's the cash that has now gone missing.

Either I've missed something or the writers are just making it up as they go along with no concern for any sort of continuity. Hmm I wonder..

Sparko wrote: »
    My understanding was that they were using the remainder of the 80k (after losing 10k immediately to a scam and whatever Orla spent on Grafton Street) and Pete's business loan from the least demanding bank ever to buy the garage, and that was scraping together the 220k to offer Paul. But then in the space of a few episodes, they found another 10k to give him but then also still somehow had the remainder of Dermot's cash to consider buying shares in Carol's business and that's the cash that has now gone missing.

Either I've missed something or the writers are just making it up as they go along with no concern for any sort of continuity. Hmm I wonder..

yep, they are making it up as they are going along - they are treating viewers with contempt , treating us like idiots so they are!

I didnt see the bit where wayne brought back the money to the pub and give it to Orla to mind ... I think I went out of the room for a wee-wee :) ... either that or I fell asleep!

• Advertisement

I wonder how many of the 46 script writers are women? I take it their the only one's who can write tomorrow nights episode.

if tomorrows night ep is going to just feature women expect a episode with loads of bitchyness, cackling, bad parking, mood swings, fashionable accessories, designer shoes and handbags, jaynes off the shoulder tops, dirty innuendoes, pulling of hair, slaps, bottles of red wine consumed, dancing round handbags, bad renditions of songs whilst they sing into hairbrushes etc ... :eek: lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Here's what I don't get..... how do they still have this cash. I thought they were saying it was a lotto win and using it along with pauper Petes sudden savings to secure a loan from the bank. But surely the bank don't just take ' I have 70k under my mattress at home ... pinky swear ' as proof of savings to approve a loan?

Happy International Women's Day!

Here's what I don't get..... how do they still have this cash. I thought they were saying it was a lotto win and using it along with pauper Petes sudden savings to secure a loan from the bank. But surely the bank don't just take ' I have 70k under my mattress at home ... pinky swear ' as proof of savings to approve a loan?

.. in soapland Dublin9 they do ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'm pretty sure Heather has it now, remember she was mad to go in to Hughie's office to play a game or watch a movie or something?
    She totally has the money and I've a feeling she will find out about KT too, so my prediction is she will bust LH just in time for KT to be found before her inevitable ulcer bursts or whatever it is that ulcers do, caused by de stress and of course the fact that she's been subsisting on a diet of sandwiches, selection boxes and bits of Glenrose's Victoria sponge for the past what, 10 months?
    Jesus I need a cigarette

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Heather has it now, remember she was mad to go in to Hughie's office to play a game or watch a movie or something?
    She totally has the money and I've a feeling she will find out about KT too, so my prediction is she will bust LH just in time for KT to be found before her inevitable ulcer bursts or whatever it is that ulcers do, caused by de stress and of course the fact that she's been subsisting on a diet of sandwiches, selection boxes and bits of Glenrose's Victoria sponge for the past what, 10 months?
    Jesus I need a cigarette

Jaysus - Excellent Plot!!! ... I tell thee , the writers will be giving you a job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

[/QUOTE] yep, they are making it up as they are going along - they are treating viewers with contempt , treating us like idiots so they are![/quote]

Reminds me of that awful tripe Lost from a few years back.
    If I took a whole bag of magic mushrooms I'd still not be able to compete with writing storylines so ridiculously ludicrous as Fair Sh*ty these days..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I'm with you. Unwatchable! Christ that amount of cash literally hide under your hat. FFS Jane didn't find it the first time around maybe just keep your house keys in your pocket. So that was Janes big "gimme the money or else" I'll look in your house.

Everyone knows the new Joe Duffy (except FC) is twitter. We should all demand an answer off RTE how they can produce such sh1te?
    happyday wrote: »
    That episode beat all. It's worse and worse it's getting. In and out of the office stealing keys and leaving 40 K in a handbag in the same room an hour later. I'm finished with this sh1te. I'll check back in a few months to see if Zoe turned up and Katy survived /got out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Did they ever reveal why lovehate took kt?

Last I remember they were hinting Emmet was going out with lovehate"s sister in Australia..as far as I can recall .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement