Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

happyday wrote: »
    That episode beat all. It's worse and worse it's getting. In and out of the office stealing keys and leaving 40 K in a handbag in the same room an hour later. I'm finished with this sh1te. I'll check back in a few months to see if Zoe turned up and Katy survived /got out.

It has to be one of the worst ever episodes. Written on a piece of tissue while heading in on the bus to RTE probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I was flicking back and forth between FC and the Arsenal match, by the end, it was hard to tell which was which.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

It has to be one of the worst ever episodes. Written on a piece of tissue while heading in on the bus to RTE probably.

A friend of mine knows one of the script writers. He trained as a journalist and he told him that he just knocks any old ****e together for a load of cash in return. The script writer wasn't exactly taking it serious from what he told him. Not exactly surprising but I was pissing myself laughing when he was telling me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Saw this on my FB feed
    17191319_10155154915431388_7456664935356590044_n.jpg?oh=0a0e2f31c0ea42943b0468f278bb9915&oe=5938FC8F

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Even the pool table has no balls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Anyone ever think of posting a link to a page on this thread on the official Fair City FB page? I'm very tempted to post a link to a page here with comments about last night's show..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Heather has the money.... the scriptwriters spoon fed me.. First we see her looking in Bens bag then we hear that she been looting through Farrahs bag as she found the pregnancy test (from 3 days previous.. eugh) So we wont be "surprised" when we find she took it.

I think the writers write really decent storylines and scripts..

Then they scrunch those up and throw them in the bin.

Fair City. A parody of itself..

An all woman episode does sound exciting.

Troy is back next week, I actually liked Troy I hope they remember his friendship with Cass, as Cass was sad when Troy left last time

An all woman episode does sound exciting.

Troy is back next week, I actually liked Troy I hope they remember his friendship with Cass, as Cass was sad when Troy left last time
    Knowing FC's record for continuity they'll probably act like total strangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

What a dreary looking bunch...

17190610_1426228097418833_9021243766948866052_n.jpg?oh=274327bdb6ffb84a7b739e3e939fd075&oe=59649032

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why is FC celebrating international womens day, sure there isn't any international women in it, except Nuss, but she is missing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Its got so confusing now that I keep thinking I must have missed a few episodes .

Heather is actually starting to get on my nerves and I dont thinks she is as bad as she is letting on to the others.
    Im thinking of changing my bank to whatever one Wayne and Orla use. Handiest load I've ever seen and passed through very quick. Wish my bank worked as quick...

Two cast and a writer coming up on Ray Darcy Radio1.

I bet one of them is Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,380 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Has anyone got the foggiest idea how they can even end the plan at this stage?

It might make more sense to just keep it going and build story after story around it. It's that freaking complex that it doesn't makes sens for it to end. I r reckon a major car pile up on a motorway would be easier to sort out (insurance wise) than this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

More than 20 writers.

Story lines planned months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Last night was a load of sh*te......I let out a big 'For F*ck Sake' when it finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

nagdefy wrote: »

17190610_1426228097418833_9021243766948866052_n.jpg?oh=274327bdb6ffb84a7b739e3e939fd075&oe=59649032
    1,2&11 left to right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Last night was a load of sh*te......I let out a big 'For F*ck Sake' when it finished.

I missed it. What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A bit like this interview, probably avoiding all the questions about how bad the show is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

RobertKK wrote: »
    A bit like this interview, probably avoiding all the questions about how bad the show is.

WHich interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

The only way out of the Plan predicament is if one of Kim Jong Un's wayward missiles lands bullseye on the set :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,605 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

nagdefy wrote: »

Did they take the picture after attending a funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 starfruit2510

No they just had a read of the latest script about 'the plan'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The two FC actresses and the writer of tonight's episode, Clare Dowling (AKA writer #31)

C6Z-nIVWUAAdxaj.jpg

Surprised Bob managed to escape!

We have a name- Clare Dowling. She and her fellow script writers definitely have a lot to answer for. Is there any possibility they would come on boards.ie and answer viewers simple questions like how could Paul not notice no money in his back account or where is Zoe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Laois_Man wrote: »
    The two FC actresses and the writer of tonight's episode, Clare Dowling (AKA writer #31)

C6Z-nIVWUAAdxaj.jpg

Surprised Bob managed to escape!

I think that'd writer 43 or 44. The rest were in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,380 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So apt that they'd be pictured with another mickey mouse RTE crutch, D'Arcy!

Its absolutely pointless trying to get any real answers from these people, the RTE force field is so strong that you can never get any logic in. RTE Guide wont ever ask the tough questions when its interviewing any of the cast. The Late Late Show and Ray D'Arcy wont ever ask the tough questions because that's effectively slagging off RTE and biting the hand that feeds you. The only journalist who you have HALF a chance of calling FC out as the crap that it is is Brendan O Connor and even he would probably back down.

Looks like the only place for logic is this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

A summary of points mentioned in the Ray D'Arcy interview.....

At least a dozen texters asked the writer to bring the KT story to an end! No responses! Lots of increasingly uncomfortable LoLs

Its a women's episode for International Women's Day - but they talk about Paul for the whole episode

There are 13 women in the cast and some male extras at the start.

The actress playing Header is actually enjoying it and she doesn't know if Header is going to recover - so considering they're filming 6 weeks ahead, that means there's more than 6 weeks of her ****e left

By the same logic, strong hints that they do know the end of the Katy story so it looks like it's FINALLY coming to a conclusion.

FC have a "fantastic researcher" so that they can portray things like Header's condition accurately (stop laughing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Just wanted to share a quick women's day anecdote from my work today. They asked all the female staff to pose for a group photo. We've about 30 ladies in the office. 3 refused to sit for the photo because they hadn't been informed in advance and the rest had a barney over who sat where and in what row. They got one good photo but scrapped posting it on our social media because too much bitching.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement