Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Hold on, tonight's episode really is a woman only cast?? I geniunely thought it was just a Boards Fair City thread joke!! What a load of nonsense, just more filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

monkey9 wrote: »
    Hold on, tonight's episode really is a woman only cast?? I geniunely thought it was just a Boards Fair City thread joke!! What a load of nonsense, just more filler.

What if it was a mans only episode? Would that still be nonsense? I think its a nice way to mark International Women's Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hopefully in November they'll do an all men episode for International Mens Day (and I say this as a woman) Plenty of time to recruit some good looking male cast members before then. Very very slim pickings at the moment...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Laois_Man wrote: »
    A summary of points mentioned in the Ray D'Arcy interview.....

At least a dozen texters asked the writer to bring the KT story to an end! No responses! Lots of increasingly uncomfortable LoLs

Its a women's episode for International Women's Day - but they talk about Paul for the whole episode

There are 13 women in the cast and some male extras at the start.

The actress playing Header is actually enjoying it and she doesn't know if Header is going to recover - so considering they're filming 6 weeks ahead, that means there's more than 6 weeks of her ****e left

By the same logic, strong hints that they do know the end of the Katy story so it looks like it's FINALLY coming to a conclusion.

FC have a "fantastic researcher" so that they can portray things like Header's condition accurately (stop laughing)

The fantastic researcher who missed the fact that dubs are pretty well known for 'colourful' language yet we never hear any in Fair Shi tty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

fin12 wrote: »
    I think its a nice way to mark International Women's Day.

I really don't think its the business of a soap to be dedicating an episode to a made up event like this.Tonight I invite all male contributers here to forget our FC worries and just take the piss out of tonights girly show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

On Hollyoaks one of the characters wanted to take his kid away. And the other character piped up straight away "you cant just take a child out of school!" Jesus if Hollyoaks can get it right!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

baldbear wrote:
    I missed it. What happened?

You missed nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Hitchens wrote: »
    The fantastic researcher who missed the fact that dubs are pretty well known for 'colourful' language yet we never hear any in Fair Shi tty

I heard a b'''h before 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

In my line of work I have dealt with one of their researchers on a number of occasions. They will be considering a story about X or Y and ask us about the various rules and regulations around certain things so they can portray them accurately but as yet only 2 or 3 storylines have come to pass out of at least a dozen information requests.
    Coming up to Christmas, I asked (in jest and meant in earnest) if she could give any hints at all and she refused point blank. The wagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Hitchens wrote: »

'Ya toe rag!!'

That's about as good as it gets :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Katy is in the process of digging a tunnel. It comes up in the middle of McCoys lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh sweet Jesus the man snaring red dress is on!!!! She's also got loadsamoney!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Laois_Man wrote: »
    A summary of points mentioned in the Ray D'Arcy interview.....

At least a dozen texters asked the writer to bring the KT story to an end! No responses! Lots of increasingly uncomfortable LoLs

Its a women's episode for International Women's Day - but they talk about Paul for the whole episode

There are 13 women in the cast and some male extras at the start.

The actress playing Header is actually enjoying it and she doesn't know if Header is going to recover - so considering they're filming 6 weeks ahead, that means there's more than 6 weeks of her ****e left

By the same logic, strong hints that they do know the end of the Katy story so it looks like it's FINALLY coming to a conclusion.

FC have a "fantastic researcher" so that they can portray things like Header's condition accurately (stop laughing)

Great post and Header gave me a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Strong women, how are ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What the hell is wrong with you Niamh?

Tonight, the part of Carol will be played by Wanderer2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

We have a name- Clare Dowling. She and her fellow script writers definitely have a lot to answer for. Is there any possibility they would come on boards.ie and answer viewers simple questions like how could Paul not notice no money in his back account or where is Zoe?

The writer of each episode is always the first name in the credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Anyone notice the stock squealing door sound playing over and over again in Spar and McCoys. In Spar one of the shots was looking at the closed door and the sound still ringing out.

Tonight's episode so far - What a load of sh!te!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Blankets for the smoking area for 3 non smokers. Writers must be reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

'Don't tell Hughie ye were here till this time' He lives upstairs Orla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

Niamh dogging in to the lemons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Orla is giving the woman who broke into her house yesterday thousands of euros...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

That was a very special episode indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Yawn..... ah yeah Jane .... here ya go..... take it.....no you take it..... no I don't want it.....no you.....somebody fookin shoot me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

clairek6 wrote: »
    Niamh dogging in to the lemons!

She's sour enough without them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why have they got Heather, a women who is recovering from an apparently traumatic brain injury, in the pub every single evening without fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

a great tribute to international women's day. boozing, arguing and throw in a slap across the face while we're at it.
    it's a disgrace Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

As Albert Reynolds once said 'That's women for ya':D

What an absolute load of horse manure.

This drinking outdoors on a March (January, February, December etc) night is ridiculous.

They're a disgrace to Irish women on International Women's Day..all getting plastered :D

A WEDNESDAY night with no Bank Hol lie in etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Stripey went to a cafe she didnt know was open? Orla finished looking for her 50k? Did a woman write this? Wrote them all out to be idiots? Wheres the girl power? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

anna080 wrote: »
    Why have they got Heather, a women who is recovering from an apparently traumatic brain injury, in the pub every single evening without fail?

Fair city characters are part of a secret society called the Inebriati

confirmed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

nagdefy wrote:
    This drinking outdoors on a March (January, February, December etc) night is ridiculous.

Empty pub Wednesday evening ..... oap among us......none of us smoke..... sure will we sit outside ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement