Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

It would been a fitting end to the KT saga if she had of been released tonight on international Woman's day instead of having the rest of them drinking and fighting like a bunch of tarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Hitchens wrote: »
    Katy is in the process of digging a tunnel. It comes up in the middle of McCoys lounge.

It's so utterly ridiculous, I actually believe that's what's going to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

was ellie left home alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

What the **** was that garbage?? What a mental show, it makes absolutely no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

When Heather puts on the red dress that's always when she's on the pull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

was ellie left home alone?

No. She was on a random sleepover in the middle of the week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well that episode made me cringe..........all the fair city writers are having a big party now on an episode well done LOL :rolleyes: Bunch of Dweebs!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

What the hell was with the weird music in the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Orla will be feeling a lot different about splitting the money with Jayne in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

They Lied!! - I see loads of non women (unless they were women dressed as blokes) in the episode tonight - they were bleeding everywhere, in the shop in the pub in the street .. all women episode my arsé! ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

did Orla even check the handbag to see if the money was still in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

They Lied!! - I see loads of non women (unless they were women dressed as blokes) in the episode tonight - they were bleeding everywhere, in the shop in the pub in the street .. all women episode my arsé! ...

They could be just really ugly women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

youwould wrote:
    No. She was on a random sleepover in the middle of the week.

Yes she's fond of them. We all know kids / tweens whose parents just love the midweek schoolnight sleepover.

Cazale wrote: »
    They could be just really ugly women.

or transgenders ... - might have been born female ..

whats gives about Carol and a couple of others in this soap with shiny noses? I am pretty sure these soaps have a make-up department that has make-up artists that are supposed to dab on powder or something between takes and before 'action' to stop the light and studio lights bouncing off the actors faces when filming? - what is the score do the actors feel its beneath them or are the make-up people not doing their jobs - it ends up that I am focusing on their shiny noses / faces instead of focusing on the storyline and acting abilities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT?????? HO LEE SH*T! At least it was funny! After all the promoting of the big womens day episode will anyone cover how sh*te it was??? Surely this should be an embarrasment to RTE and all the actresses involved.

Also here Callum I helped rob your Dad of 800k force him to sell all his assets and businesses, reducing your inheritance and future in the family business to zero but here's 20 grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I am beginning to dislike Niamh more and more with every episode. She is enjoying this too much and does not care who she hurts. I would have liked to see Hayley succeed in hitting her back but sadly she was stopped. Niamh deserves to come crashing down and has become the nastiest character in FC at the moment. Even Ciaran Love/Hate the kidnapper has more decency than her and more concern for others' feeling and that says it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Episode with exclusively the female cast members, yet all they were given to do was talk and fight about the men. Great tribute to the day that's in it..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

All the same, Header seemed to enjoy her night out :P

so where did they hide all the men characters in tonights ep? er, they would have been in the pub , or street or working - what I mean is that in real life you still would have seen them - just because its women's day it dont mean that all men have been kidnapped to the planet Zog by aliens today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

fin12 wrote: »
    What if it was a mans only episode? Would that still be nonsense? I think its a nice way to mark International Women's Day.

Absolutely. Nothing happened tonight. Literally...literally nothing happened tonight. Pure filler, once again.

I am beginning to dislike Niamh more and more with every episode.

well with every episode I am begining to dislike heather and her stupid grin ... is that really how someone with brain damage acts.. no, i hardly think so - and what is this "selective" memory thing , bloody hell she remembers things better than I can and I aint even got brain damage

EDIT: - I hate her 'overacting' as well - she is trying too hard, if you can tell an actor is acting then they are not very good at acting ... if you get me

maurv1 wrote: »
    All the same, Header seemed to enjoy her night out :P

not being high and mighty but was she drinking with the medication she was on? - no wonder she was acting more loopier than usual (and that was before she fell!)

will we know tomorrow if KT's ulcer has burst? - LH head is gonna wobble so much I think it will fall off right at the end of the episode .. that will be your thursday nights cliff-hanger that will be ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blurryface

So many ridiculous moments tonight...

1: Stripey, Glenroe and Gripey's new woman going for coffee in the arcade right before "closing time". (a) Any normal person of average intelligence (but not FC writers) would assume such a place would close early in the evening given that it seems to be made up of stall holders and independent traders (no 24 hour supermarket or similar anchor tenant). (b) Christy-Ah-Now's invisible Chilean coffee shop must be a 24 hour operation. Forget 10 euro breakfasts for the stag party, pop in anytime between 2am and 7am for your 20 euro midnight snack.

2: Fair City budget mustn't stretch to a few packets of crisps or a bowl of peanuts so instead we had the women sucking lemons all night.

3: When Stripey and Co. arrive at the pub. Plenty of seats around particularly the corner booths and up at the bar. Could easily have their girly chin wag about Gripey and his love life there. But of course, using FC logic, it would be totally normal for a woman in her 70s to sit outside in the smoking area after closing time in March. Tis not the Alzheimers or the lack of a home she needs to be worrying about, its Pneumonia/Hypothermia. The Arcade woman going into get blankets (surely a fire hazard in a smoking area). Why not just go inside!!! And for once it's not that they're saving money from not having to film scenes indoors as the rest of the episode was already shot inside McCoys anyway!

4: Jane and Orla chasing Header around McCoys and not just grabbing the bag. Would Header, in her incapacitated state, not surely be likely to pull out the bag of money in front of everyone, including Niamh arousing all kinds of suspicion. Oh no, not in Fair City.

5: Jane's crazy idea that giving Callum the money (that actually belongs to his father) would thaw his hatred for her. Surely after all the abuse he has thrown at her recently, she would see that giving him the money would only add to his rage. I know she came to this realisation by the end of the episode but it was such a pointless element of tonight's script.

6: Orla offering Jane half of the money which is supposed to be invested (don't understand how they still have it in actual cash when it should have been part of the payment for the garage). Why after all the running around searching for the lost money would she give away half??? Plus, Jane told her she had gotten the house from Dermish! FC logic: "Oh you got a mortgage free, two storey house in the Dublin suburbs, must be worth quite a bit, what with rising house prices, the possibility of letting it out to generate cash etc etc, oh but your son still hates you... I know take 40,000 in cash! My husband found it anyway and sure I've already bought a few handbags so it's all good!

7: And finally the worst 5 seconds of the whole episode: Orla at the end screeching "Let's go to Coppers!" Cringey on so many levels.

There was so much build up to the Women's episode and they really made a mess of it altogether.

Why not kill two birds with one stone and conclude the Katy storyline tonight, with Heather remembering Katy, telling Farrah who then rushes to Stripey, who with Glenroe arrives at Love Hate's garage and emotionally reunite with KT? Could have still had an all women episode showcasing the female acting talent. Joy and relief from the O'Brien women and could even focus on Farrah as she realises her life with LH and baby on the way is about to crumble away. But no instead we have to watch a load of wagons gossiping and drinking cocktails...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,606 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The really worrying thing is when Katy gets out of her box we're going to have a long story of Rose forgetting who katy even is!

poor KT is gonna have PTSD about garages for years after she gets out (thats if she even realises she is locked up in a garage) ... she will have to go for counselling .. I hope FC highlights her on a long waiting list of 6months to a year to even get to see a Counsellor and not just give her an unrealistic same day or next day appointment ...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,810 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    When Heather puts on the red dress that's always when she's on the pull.

After Bob :p

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Worst lock in ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

What's worse is.... A clip just came up on my fb feed interviewing ( carol / hayley/niamh) about the significance of the women's day episode and the way niamh was spouting about its brilliance you'd be forgiven for thinking Rosa parks and Emily Pankhurst had made guest appearances .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement