Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,810 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Jane playing Orla with her sob story about Callum, why can't Jane sell her new house and how the f#ck has Jane still got a job in McCoys

• Registered Users Posts: 30,606 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Fair City really sold International Women's day. It was basically a bunch of women in a pub fighting with one another!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

poor KT is gonna have PTSD about garages for years after she gets out (thats if she even realises she is locked up in a garage) ... she will have to go for counselling .. I hope FC highlights her on a long waiting list of 6months to a year to even get to see a Counsellor and not just give her an unrealistic same day or next day appointment ...

She does in fact : she managed to get out of the "cell" in one episode and out into the garage part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

It's funny how some people hate the characters, Niamh/Paul. You should "love to hate" a good soap "baddie" like Phil Mitchell. FC just make characters so annoying you actually hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I thought the episode was a disgraceful portal of Irish women in society, that all they did was get drunk and fight. The one character that is at the mercy of a man and held captured by him, is not even in the episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

they could have really done something with that episode. Like Heather remembering something and Katie getting freed. It could still have been an all female cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

It ended up being like a local play put on in the village hall. Dreadful episode

That bag of money really need to go (along with Heather)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

The carry-on between Jane and NotJenniferAnniston and the red handbag should have had the Benny Hill theme tune playing in the background. Farcical.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Strazdas wrote: »
    She does in fact : she managed to get out of the "cell" in one episode and out into the garage part.

Blimey, mussed that, would have like to see that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

She also manages to escape in one episode and got herself recaptured the wally head.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Folks, I'm saying slan for a while. I am sounding more and more like Victor Meldrew moaning on here which must be a pain for ye to be reading.

I'm fed up of the never ending katy saga, the infinite plan and Niamh and Renee are irritating me no end.
    I have had more enjoyable visits to the dentist than watching FC.
    So like, Arnie says: I'll be back!

(when/if the programme improves)

Bye for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭FionnB

Cazale wrote: »

20 weeks a year = 46k. 25 weeks a year = 57.5k. (Plus free meals in the canteen.) Sounds alright to me! And not exactly a taxing 'job'...

bazermc wrote: »
    She also manages to escape in one episode and got herself recaptured the wally head.

The Katy storyline has definitely gone on too long. We've seen her in that cell for around six months, they should have brought it to a conclusion after about three months (they're losing any sense of suspense or intrigue by just prolonging it indefinitely).

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

FionnB wrote: »
    20 weeks a year = 46k. 25 weeks a year = 57.5k. (Plus free meals in the canteen.) Sounds alright to me! And not exactly a taxing 'job'...

And the best part is that no acting is required

• Registered Users Posts: 56,396 ✭✭✭✭walshb

coolhull wrote: »
    And the best part is that no acting is required

Sad thing is that the poor sods are "acting their arses" off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Ah now. To be fair, regardless of how bad your writers are, and even how poor your acting ability might be, it's undoubtedly hard work filming 4 episodes of soap per week if you're heavily involved in a current story and you have to film day and night scenes. And there are some actors who seem to be fairly heavily involved a lot of the time.

It was actually embarrassing! Thousands of Irish women were out protesting on the streets for womens rights and that's how RTE portrayed the women of Carraigstown? Who wrote the episode a 60 year old man from his stool at the RTE bar ( Is there still a bar?)
    Sad really

bazermc wrote: »
    I thought the episode was a disgraceful portal of Irish women in society, that all they did was get drunk and fight. The one character that is at the mercy of a man and held captured by him, is not even in the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

The Katy storyline has definitely gone on too long. We've seen her in that cell for around six months, they should have brought it to a conclusion after about three months (they're losing any sense of suspense or intrigue by just prolonging it indefinitely).

I honestly thought when I heard that FC were doing a biddy's day special that it would involve women coming together and helping a sista out (Katy). I thought it would have involved Heather trying to spit out some words, Farrah thinking she was going mad, and maybe Stripey overhearing. Cue Farrah remembering extra food in the garage, and boom. Rescued Katy.

But no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Cormdogg wrote: »
    It's funny how some people hate the characters, Niamh/Paul. You should "love to hate" a good soap "baddie" like Phil Mitchell. FC just make characters so annoying you actually hate them!

I hate Niamh and Paul because they are on screen 90% of the time and every single storyline involving them always ends the same way - Paul and Niamh back together. Its the same old crap year after year. This Plan crap is beyond a joke at this stage. Niamh had her cash since early January, what the fcuk is she still hanging around for?? She keeps saying its not over, it is over. Paul was humiliated, she knows about the affair and she got rid of Oisin.

What is she waiting for? Just GO Niamh and don't come back.

• Advertisement

It was actually embarrassing! Thousands of Irish women were out protesting on the streets for womens rights and that's how RTE portrayed the women of Carraigstown? Who wrote the episode a 60 year old man from his stool at the RTE bar ( Is there still a bar?)
    Sad really

The idea of an all female episode was absolutely fine but I get the impression they just threw all the characters together and couldn't really think of any sort of a proper storyline for them. Very little actually happened last night.

I honestly thought when I heard that FC were doing a biddy's day special that it would involve women coming together and helping a sista out (Katy). I thought it would have involved Heather trying to spit out some words, Farrah thinking she was going mad, and maybe Stripey overhearing. Cue Farrah remembering extra food in the garage, and boom. Rescued Katy.

But no.

Yes, this would have been the perfect opportunity to move the Katy storyline along dramatically but instead they just parked it and didn't even show her at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The idea of an all female episode was absolutely fine but I get the impression they just threw all the characters together and couldn't really think of any sort of a proper storyline for them. Very little actually happened last night.

I didn't see last night, nor do I plan to, given the response. But what I will say is that some soaps often do "bottle episodes" where the episode is just character driven and doesn't focus on plots, which is what I gathered happened last night, yeah/no?
    I just envisage that FC didnt do it well and most of their characters are one dimensional cliches, hence why a character driven "bottle episode" would be cr$p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

But no.
    I would have really liked if that's how it went.

Did I hear Heather was drinking last night????? Seriously? The woman can't even make toast but i allowed go out and get smashed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Did I hear Heather was drinking last night????? Seriously? The woman can't even make toast but i allowed go out and get smashed

Yep plus she got dressed up in her sexy red dress and was also dancing. All this and recovering from a serious head injury!

Yep plus she got dressed up in her sexy red dress and was also dancing. All this and recovering from a serious head injury!

I love Fair City!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did Caddle say to Niamh Oràiste that she was going to tell Paul what she has done? Thus also implecating herself and her husband? Robbie orchestrated the whole thing #safehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Did Caddle say to Niamh Oràiste that she was going to tell Paul what she has done? Thus also implecating herself and her husband? Robbie orchestrated the whole thing #safehouse

Yeah I don't get why she's as annoyed as she is or why she's threatening to tell Paul - what's it to her if Niamh takes down her husband? Plus,like you say Robbie was involved in the whole thing too so it makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement