Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,727 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cazale wrote: »
    Does Orla have a connection with Dermot?

Orla is good mates with Dermot and Jo, also is she Ben's godmother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Ben not in contact with Jo and Zoe, one of them surely would be back by now

Charles Darwin got back more quickly from the Galapagos than Zöe will!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Was it ever actually mentioned how much money is involved in The Caper of the Century? How much is The Don worth in cash terms?

Presumably tonights action was set the day after Dermo's big reveal and Niamh's howling like a hyena./jackass whatever and The Don needing to get a new accountant urgently. And yet , today he brings a game in to play with Dermo and ne'er a mention of anything FFS :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Ya know the way most series have a character arc i.e walt in breaking bad etc
    Fair city characters have a character squiggle. Paul was supposed to be MR. Evil and tonight he's all cuddly and playing games with sick Dermot. Niamh then turns into superbitch out of nowhere.

Aul Jackie fair cut Eoghan off at the knees there and Ciaran must be spending a fortune on takeaways for leh me ou

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I really,really hope that Dermot is stringing Jane along.Seriously loving the new Dermot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

There couldn't have been that much in Paul's bank account to begin with if he's able to finance several businessess off the account without noticing the loot has vanished

And what's this with Niamh's threat about the paper trail all leading to Dermish? Are we now expected to believe that the money was never in Niamh's account in the first place and that Niamh also never bothered to check her bank account, even when she thought she was swindling someone?

More holes in it than a sibh

Haven't had the time to catch up with the thread yet, but has anyone compared Dermot to Walter White?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

"The Lord of the Plans" - Fair City episode #5000 and something.

As Dermish lays dying in his hospital bed his son Binjimin must take the precious compass (inscribed with the bank account number but only visible when breathed on by dragon breath - where's Rose when you need her)

He must bring the compass to Mount (street) Doom and destroy it in the blackened waves of the Liffey. Hot on his trail are the evil Paulron and his family of orcs, all after one thing - an eight digit bank account number, perhaps an Iban too and ... Okay maybe a BIC code - because transferring money isn't just done by pressing return on your laptop keypad? Is it?

What transpires is an adventure full of thrills and trepidation. Will The Golden Compass ( wasn't that a film of a book by another author?) point the Fair City scriptwriters in the right direction at last? Will Fair City fans actually get a story line with a beginning, a middle and a satisfying end?

Perhaps...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Regarding the smoking area..........Is there a smoking area outside the smoking area as it seems noone atually smokes in the smoking area, just go out in the middle of winter to freeze their balls off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

To be honest there is a pub where I live and you could sit out in the smoking area in the coldest winter night and stay there all night as they have huge heating lamps over head.

• Advertisement

I am just kidding really, ! 80% of the time I head to the smoking/outer area and I don't habitually smoke. Most smoking areas are more or less indoor now anyway with the roofing structure and heating, even bars outside. But the beer garden in McCoys looks like a back alley with a few crates to lie your ars€ on!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 46 Rhaegal

We should stick a poll up on when KT will get free. Seriously why are they keeping her locked up for so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Regarding the smoking area..........Is there a smoking area outside the smoking area as it seems noone atually smokes in the smoking area, just go out in the middle of winter to freeze

I too was wondering if this was a smoking area or if it was an area outside where no smokers liked to drink, but I did spot an ashtray on the table.

is carol our only fair city smoker?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Cazale wrote: »
    Does Orla have a connection with Dermot?
    nagdefy wrote: »
    Not trying to be funny but they were always friendly enough in the bar and he confided in her about Jo iirc.

She's Niamh's cousin, wonder will Niamh tell her as everyone else knows about the Plan.

A few years ago before Jo's affair, Orla had a desk in the same office as Dermot, Niamh etc when she ran her own PR firm. Then the business went to pot and she was living with Pete at the time (where Jackie and Doug live now) but he got sick of her not paying bills and rent so he sent her packing. Then she decided it was a good idea to steal from Dermot. I think she bought clothes online using his credit card and ran up a huge bill which sent him into debt. Then he started obsessing over budgets and giving out to Jo any time she wanted to buy something, which was the beginning of the end of their marriage. As in she got sick of all his whinging and moaning and jumped into bed with The Ram first chance she got.

Anyways a few months later after Jo moved to Cork, Orla and Dermot were BFFs again and she spent a lot of time with him and the kids.

youwould wrote: »
    A few years ago before Jo's affair, Orla had a desk in the same office as Dermot, Niamh etc when she ran her own PR firm. Then the business went to pot and she was living with Pete at the time (where Jackie and Doug live now) but he got sick of her not paying bills and rent so he sent her packing. Then she decided it was a good idea to steal from Dermot. I think she bought clothes online using his credit card and ran up a huge bill which sent him into debt. Then he started obsessing over budgets and giving out to Jo any time she wanted to buy something, which was the beginning of the end of their marriage. As in she got sick of all his whinging and moaning and jumped into bed with The Ram first chance she got.

Anyways a few months later after Jo moved to Cork, Orla and Dermot were BFFs again and she spent a lot of time with him and the kids.

Wholly crap, thats a somewhat disturbingly precise memory!!!

youwould wrote: »

Great memory, i'd forgotten that.

Orla's 'PR' career really went to pot. Not literally because of it :D

Wholly crap, thats a somewhat disturbingly precise memory!!!

Great memory for detail has YouWould.. like Napoleon and Stalin, can be useful ;)

disturbingly precise memory!!!

Frank Kelly, another trooper who left us this year :(

Orla and Jo were quite close also. I think it was around the time before Wayne came back and Orla was just a floater and shoehorned randomly into other people's affairs as the writers didn't know what to do with her.
    She took "Sure look it" in when Dermisssshhh kicked her out for playing in the meadow with The Ram and was like the mediator between them regarding Binjummin the Brat.

Think she also hung around with Dermisshhh and the wierdo teacher one he went out with (who ended up with Wayne)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

nagdefy wrote: »
    Great memory for detail has YouWould.. like Napoleon and Stalin, can be useful ;)

I can't remember things that happened yesterday but I can remember a good portion of the last 20-25 years of FC...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,826 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ah that was brilliant! The Plan is getting better every episode, I'm LOVING this ruthless and frank Dermot and I'm glad Jane wasn't stupid enough to allow herself to be used. If Dermot isn't careful though Jane will see off all the cash if she gets those account numbers...shes dangerous. Very entertaining. Dermot to Niamh "You choose your position" That's the shot! He is basically saying what everyone is thinking regarding Niamh- just LEAVE him, get a divorce, you will get half legally and you can move on with the next eligible male, instead of becoming this bitter twisted husk with not a friend in the world.

Niamh is such a pathetic character, I even saw an interview with the actress from 2 yrs back where she was going to leave Paul and she was like a teenager "Oh my GAWWD I was like SOOO excited" and what became of it? SWEET FCUK ALL, she went back to Paul just like we all knew she would and even after this Plan she will STILL be with him, shes so predictable and boring.

P.S I didn't know so many electronic gizmos were allowed in ICU - first a laptop and then the MP3 player.:D

Go Team Dermot and Jane :D I'm enjoying the direction this is going.

I reckon Dermot thinks Jane would be his best bet for looking after Ben and Zoe after he snuffs it. Set up a trust fund for the two of them but give plenty of money to Jane as well so she can take care of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

But the writers are forgetting one tiny little factor, Jo! That's where this idea falls to pieces!!

Go Team Dermot and Jane :D I'm enjoying the direction this is going.

I reckon Dermot thinks Jane would be his best bet for looking after Ben and Zoe after he snuffs it. Set up a trust fund for the two of them but give plenty of money to Jane as well so she can take care of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,163 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have a senaky feeling we'll get months of "Where's me money," only this time it's "Where's me account numbers?"....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

When the closeup of the passport was shown it just said for first name Katy.

Surely that's an abbreviation. Plus has she no middle names.

amtc wrote: »
    When the closeup of the passport was shown it just said for first name Katy.

Surely that's an abbreviation. Plus has she no middle names.

Why would Katy be an abbreviation? KT may be, but Katy....?

I could be wrong but I don't believe an Irish passport has to have a middle name(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Because your first one is done off your birth certificate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

walshb wrote: »
    Why would Katy be an abbreviation? KT may be, but Katy....?

I could be wrong but I don't believe an Irish passport has to have a middle name(s).

Do Irish people have to have middle names?

bazermc wrote: »
    Do Irish people have to have middle names?

I don't think so.

Has anyone died in Fair City this year??? Must be the first for a soap in decades, even FC!

Edit: The bould Flynn!

Although Caddle still sees him everytime she layers on the make up!

square_soaps-fair-city-w46-e177-04.jpg

• Advertisement

How is Katy an abbreviation??

I know it derives as a name form from Catherine or even Kathleen but it is a name in its own right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement