Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The Raptor wrote: »
    Not long left now. 5 weeks till Easter, it's when the Katy story will unravel.

Eggcelent, can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

With the 43/44(?) scriptwriters Fair City have they are heading for complete and utter muddled and inconsistent storylines.

They need some type of hierarchy with 3 or 4 senior script writers who have to vet every story before it's given the go ahead.

Preferably 3 or 4 senior people who have been working on the show for years and have an indepth knowledge of all the characters and their past actions, and, have knowledge of all the details of their interaction with other cast members.

That shouldn't prove too difficult. Just basic good management techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

nagdefy wrote: »
    With the 43/44(?) scriptwriters Fair City have they are heading for complete and utter muddled and inconsistent storylines.

They need some type of hierarchy with 3 or 4 senior script writers who have to vet every story before it's given the go ahead.

Preferably 3 or 4 senior people who have been working on the show for years and have an indepth knowledge of all the characters and their past actions, and, have knowledge of all the details of their interaction with other cast members.

That shouldn't prove too difficult. Just basic good management techniques.

They could do that or save a couple of million by referring to this thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

Jesus that was a DIRE episode. He nearly throttles Katy only for her to resume normal breathing and apologise for annoying him within seconds of gasping for air. I get that the whole violence scene was disturbing but I almost hoped he'd kill her just to end this whole terrible storyline, but no, now we have another few weeks of it.

I don't know where Carrigstown is but I hope it's near North Strand so they find an old German bomb and blow it all up. Really frustrated with FC at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Just wanted to share a quick women's day anecdote from my work today. They asked all the female staff to pose for a group photo. We've about 30 ladies in the office. 3 refused to sit for the photo because they hadn't been informed in advance and the rest had a barney over who sat where and in what row. They got one good photo but scrapped posting it on our social media because too much bitching.

That's women for ya !

I'll snake out while the going's good ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I scanned this piece from The Indo mag at the weekend.

By Sheena McGinley
    It's been 10 months. Almost a year. Yet Ciaran is still charging his impressive heavage around
    town, saving lives and generally being indispensable. Now, to cap it off, he's
    fathering children.
    Things have moved rather swiftly for Ciaran and Farrah - even by Soapland standards. One week, she's spurning his advances in favour of being two-timed by Emmet. The next, she's moved in, brought her niece with her and a rake-load of baggage involving her half-sister, her domineering mother and Bob. And now she's pregnant.

If you're playing catch-up, Heather was released from the mental health facility and immediately wanted to whisk daughter Ellie away to a coastal cottage, but Farrah didn't think she was fit to look after the child she had repeatedly poisoned. So, Farrah took her niece, hid her in Ciaran's house, leading an increasingly irate Heather to go snooping for Ellie in the mechanic's workshop - where she stumbled upon the tablet containing the image of Katy lolling forlornly. Ciaran caught Heather, attempted to strangle her, and then set her free before trying to coax her down from a sizeable set of stairs in a shopping centre. 'Hedder' then slipped and fell into a coma. Standard.

You may have noticed we've only mentioned Katy once so far - consider this indicative of just how busy Ciaran. and his dashing torso have been ... Imagine how consumed he'll be if
    Farrah decides to keep their child? That's if Katy even manages to last that long. She's sick. The exact nature of her ailment is unknown.but let's assume it's not a cold, given she's not been on
    public transport or exposed to a toddler in aeons. Perhaps the oft-referred-to 'nasty case of rickets' has come home to roost, given that she's not seen sunlight in 40 weeks.
    Flitting between Farrah and Katy and ferrying Heather to hospital appointments (she's out ofthe coma . but her memory isn't great) is starting to take its toll on the mechanic Something's got to give - and, to be frank, it'd be easier to off an ailing Katy who's presumed dead anyway, right?

Will Ciaran throttle her in a rage, or will Katy FINALLY seize the chance to smuggle a message to the outside?
    . Does anyone even care anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Jesus that was a DIRE episode. He nearly throttles Katy only for her to resume normal breathing and apologise for annoying him within seconds of gasping for air. I get that the whole violence scene was disturbing but I almost hoped he'd kill her just to end this whole terrible storyline, but no, now we have another few weeks of it.

I don't know where Carrigstown is but I hope it's near North Strand so they find an old German bomb and blow it all up. Really frustrated with FC at this stage.

Of course if any RTE people are reading this thread, they most likely sit back in their chairs, thank a few posts and gloat over how its being "talked about" as if its makes their muck writing any better. I often wonder if the more humorous authors here have any connection to this shambolic show. I hope not.

I thought it was OTT giving a warning at the beginning and at the end given contact details .. I reckon It's a ploy, a trap to get more (new) viewers, viewers un-like us, we're trapped/ hooked already. They're like scummy drug dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Has Cass buried the ginger one in the allotment?

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Has Cass buried the ginger one in the allotment?

Yeah, she hadn't been about for lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

who the hell constructed that 'box' KT is in? as wobble head was strangling the bejaysus out of her the wall was wobbling back and forth .. a bit like LH's head!

who the hell constructed that 'box' KT is in? as wobble head was strangling the bejaysus out of her the wall was wobbling back and forth .. a bit like LH's head!

It looks like it would be easy enough to claw through yet there is no evidence that Katy made any attempt to break through it.

It looks like it would be easy enough to claw through yet there is no evidence that Katy made any attempt to break through it.

one big huff ... and a puff ... and she could blow it down!

am i missing something here - LH has testicles ... balls .... KT has free legs (well they aint tied up) there are loads of times she could have caught LH wobbly head off guard (at his weakness when he is sobbing about blondie) and give him a right good kick in the nuts and then escape past him ... I think she actually like being locked up in there if you ask me .. she's getting a kick out of it ... I mean lets be honest if you had parents like her's would you be rushing to get out of that place ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I noticed that too and thought it was hilarious. KT should've knocked those walls down months ago and saved us all this torture. In all fairness as bored as I am with the KT story it has it's merits and you can that the writers have a schedule and hopefully a conclusion in mind.

The PLAN however is an entirely different matter, started out with a basic idea in mind and the writers have totally lost control of where it is going. Inexcusable writing, if you handed this sh1te up to your English teacher in first year it would be handed back to you to rewrite immediately. Is there anyone in charge in the writers' room, do they not have to answer to someone at the top. I've no idea how they could end it all at this stage, it's so bad and gone beyond redemption. The only way out at this stage is to drop a plane/bomb/train or whatever on Carrigstown and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I just watched the full five minute interview with Hayley, Carol and headwrecker Niamh on player. It ended with Clelia Murphy saying "Do not change that channel, especially on International Women's Day." :rolleyes:

I'm fully convinced that RTE think that only these subjects (affairs, backstabbing, stealing and more) are what real Irish women are about. RTE couldn't be seen to tackle the real issues affecting women in Ireland as in mentioning the march to Repeal, gender equality, friendships between different women (not for one or both persons financial gain), women of different cultures and backgrounds, ageing women's issues. I could keep going but what's the point?

jos28 wrote: »
    I noticed that too and thought it was hilarious. KT should've knocked those walls down months ago and saved us all this torture. In all fairness as bored as I am with the KT story it has it's merits and you can that the writers have a schedule and hopefully a conclusion in mind.

The PLAN however is an entirely different matter, started out with a basic idea in mind and the writers have totally lost control of where it is going. Inexcusable writing, if you handed this sh1te up to your English teacher in first year it would be handed back to you to rewrite immediately. Is there anyone in charge in the writers' room, do they not have to answer to someone at the top. I've no idea how they could end it all at this stage, it's so bad and gone beyond redemption. The only way out at this stage is to drop a plane/bomb/train or whatever on Carrigstown and start again.

its do'able - Emmerdale had a Jumbo Jet fall out of the sky in one episode ....

its do'able - Emmerdale had a Jumbo Jet fall out of the sky in one episode ....

It's the only way at this stage. There is no credible way out of the mess they have made of the PLAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

"If you're affected by this story"...... We all seem to be.... What's the number?

It was Weds nights ep we needed the support number for.
    Absolute dogs dinner

jos28 wrote: »
    It's the only way at this stage. There is no credible way out of the mess they have made of the PLAN.

Have a Dublin Bus driver have a heart attack at the wheel and bus goes ploughing into mccoy's - where nearly the whole cast are in there drinking (as they do in every episode)... a bit like eastenders .. except for no-one escapes alive .. :D

• Advertisement

Have a Dublin Bus driver have a heart attack at the wheel and bus goes ploughing into mccoy's - where nearly the whole cast are in there drinking (as they do in every episode)... a bit like eastenders .. except for no-one escapes alive .. :D

Sounds good to me, get rid of all the dead wood (that's a long list), make room for new characters and breath a bit of life into FC. My brother in law is a Dublin Bus driver, I'll give him a shout tomorrow :D

Wasn't Katy dying with stomach problems yesterday yet tonight she was grand, starving, looking for something to eat and she said she hadn't seen L/H for 2 days..... **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Wasn't Katy dying with stomach problems yesterday yet tonight she was grand, starving, looking for something to eat and she said she hadn't seen L/H for 2 days..... **** off!

Ah shur didn't he pop into the chemist for some tablets for her the other night! He's a sound kidnapper so he is!

youwould wrote: »
    Ah shur didn't he pop into the chemist for some tablets for her the other night! He's a sound kidnapper so he is!

feck me, magic tablets they were - I thought she had a stomach ulcer the way she was acting. Thought he was gonna come back to find a rotting corpse ...

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The voice-over during the credits of tonights episode will be tremendously helpful to a lot of people.
    '' If you have been affected by any of the issues shown tonight please contact (number and website)''

Tomorrow, 9.05 am

Telephone rings.........

''Hello, is that the helpline?''

''Yes, go ahead, how can I help?''

''Well, my tale is a tangled one. You see, my husband, a millionaire, started having an affair with a girl who shares our office space (and who is now in fact one of my best friends....Don't ask!) So naturally, I hatched a plot whereby I encouraged his personal accountant to rob my husband of all his money, his property, his businesses, and even his family.''

''Ah, the old story, eh? Your husband spends ten minutes screwing his fancy woman, so you spend ten years screwing him? God if I had a euro for every time I've heard stories like that. But anyway, do go on.''

''Well unfortunately, things are taking a bit longer than I anticipated. And not really going the way I wanted. You see, it all kicked off with an idea that I like to call THE PLAN......''

''Sorry, can I stop you right there, if you don't mind? Just how long is this story going to go on for?''

''Yes, now,I'm really glad you asked me that. just let me get comfortable here, and I'll explain.
    You see, it all started last November. Or was it September? Or maybe it was last March? It's so long ago now I cant even remember myself. Even the details of THE PLAN are a tad unclear to me at this stage.''

''Really, caller, do you need this helpline at all? Maybe you should be ringing the Financial Times?''

''Well, if you'd shut up for a minute, I'd explain.... anyway, the whole PLAN is so secretive and utterly confidential that nobody know a thing about it apart from the accountant and myself. And my husband's whore. And of course I had to keep the local publican fully informed. And the accountant needed some help escaping the country so obviously he had to tell his friend and the friend's wife. And the friend's Hiace driver, just in case. And obviously the accountant's 14-year-old son,and the accountant's live-in partner of two weeks had to be told. And somehow my tenants learned of it, and they told their in-laws. Well, I have to admit that at least on of my step-sons knew all about it, and the step-sons real mother. And her husband. And the Council fellah who takes the recycling, and his colleagues at work............ Unless you include the three - quarter of a million who sit through this stuff four times a week. And maybe the few dozen sad individuals on Boards.ie, who apparently feel it is their duty to mock and jeer what is probably the finest drama/soap ever produced.
    But honestly, apart from those people, nobody. and I mean nobody, except me and the accountant has the faintest inkling of what THE PLAN entails....Eh, Hello? Hello? Hello?''

Next caller :

''Hello, are yeh dere? Are yeh dere? Oh righ', me name is, well let's just call me Kate, righ'? ...See, I was kidnapped by a fella who lives up de road, must be nearly a year ago now, and I'm bein' held in an 8 by 4 hut ever since, withou' ever seeing daylight or a livin' soul other than me abudtor, eh, adbucor, atburdcot,... ah yeh know, yer man that took me.''

''Oh my God, Kate, that's horrific! Horrific! I going to call 999 straightaway, we'll have an ambulance, the Armed Response unit, the Fire Brigade, and a team of psychologists and counsellors on standby. This is a desperate situation. Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!!''

''Ah, he-yor! Don't be gettin' yer knickers in a twist, like'! 'Tis not dat bad, in fairness! Yeah, I know he migh' show a bit of an ould tendency to maybe choke de life outta me the odd time. But shure dat's men for yeh! He's not mean or anythin'. Shure he even gives me a tomaha roll sometimes like, an half a pack o' fig rolls an' maybe a bitta cake, like. One time he brough' me a Selecshun Box and a string o' tinsel deckrashun. 'Tis not many fellahs would go to all dat trouble, fair play.....Yeh know wha, I'm kinda sorry I rang yeh at all. I'm gettin' used to the place now. I'm grand, like. Jus' forge' I spoke yeh at all, righ'? Lookit, dont be mindin' me. Don't say nothin' to nobody, righ'? Have a nice day, righ'?
    Byyyyeeee'''

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

nagdefy wrote: »
    Niamh threatened to expose it if Carol told Paul that Niamh was behind his ruin.

The thing is either he beat her up on her wedding day, Carol that is, or he abused her as a child.

No its about Robbie battering him on the wedding day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I'm really hoping Emmett turns out to be the Dad of Farrah's baby. Ciaran would go ape ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Coolhull you're a funny b*stard!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

The Raptor wrote: »
    I'm really hoping Emmett turns out to be the Dad of Farrah's baby. Ciaran would go ape ****.

I think its going to be simple paternity test

Baby born saying KT and not Katie = Ciaran the daddy

Baby born wearing ten coats and massive scarf = Emmet is the daddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

bazermc wrote: »
    I think its going to be simple paternity test

Baby born saying KT and not Katie = Ciaran the daddy

Baby born wearing ten coats and massive scarf = Emmet is the daddy

...Or baby born with a shoulder bag = Ciaran is the daddy :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement