Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Nah the baby is gonna be LH's and Farrah will be too far into her pregnancy when she finds out her babys daddy is a psycho.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,412 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I suppose Forty Coats is off scene frantically searching for K T, like Gripey was a few months ago, but not so much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

The Raptor wrote: »
    Not long left now. 5 weeks till Easter, it's when the Katy story will unravel.

Eggcelent, can't wait
    The Raptor wrote: »
    Not long left now. 5 weeks till Easter, it's when the Katy story will unravel.

Eggcelent, can't wait
    Is that you, mr. Burns?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Nah the baby is gonna be LH's and Farrah will be too far into her pregnancy when she finds out her babys daddy is a psycho.

I wonder where his parents are or if he has any more siblings? I vaguely remember him saying he was from around Ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Grandeeod wrote: »
    . I often wonder if the more humorous authors here have any connection to this shambolic show. I hope not.

Grandeeod, if it's not too presumptuous, I might occasionally consider myself as one of the "more humorous authors" on here (though that's probably just self-flattery). But for what it's worth, and I can only speak for myself, I thank the Lord that I have no hand, act, or part in the making of this pile of ****e.
    There again, if I was on the production or 'writing' team, I`m hardly going to admit it!
    You'll just have to take my word for it.....!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

youwould wrote: »
    Cazale wrote: »

"However, former Fair City actress Caroline Grace Cassidy, who played Aoife Coleman for three years, said most of the actors worked for only four or five months out of the year"

Who?

She was Cleos friend who pretended to be her mother. I have a vague recollection she was a lap dancer or something. Didn't think she was in it that long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Catching up on a few episodes.... This women's day all women cast was pathetic. All they did was get pissed. Wouldn't it have been so much better if they worked together at a rescue or an accident?

Then the lemon, I found that funny alright so thumbs up to scriptwriter no. 42 for that.

So as soon as scriptwriters 1 to 41 decide that KTs communication should be via a lunch box, the rest of the cast have packed lunches, Stripey included. Ironic or symbolic?

Glenrose could be looking at a good story with dementia, she's a great actor so I hope she gets something gritty to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The writers must be reading this thread as they tossed Katie's hair :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

coolhull wrote: »
    Grandeeod, if it's not too presumptuous, I might occasionally consider myself as one of the "more humorous authors" on here (though that's probably just self-flattery). But for what it's worth, and I can only speak for myself, I thank the Lord that I have no hand, act, or part in the making of this pile of ****e.
    There again, if I was on the production or 'writing' team, I`m hardly going to admit it!
    You'll just have to take my word for it.....!!!!

Oh no coolhull, you never ocurred to me at all. I know your humour is special and flat out. My suspicions are pointed elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

What irks me most about the whole hostage thing is...... its literally been 10 months! Not days .... not weeks ... not even hours. Yet we're expected to believe that she's just sat there ...... not a radio.... not a paper.... not a bit of an ole home made for herself . She's just sat there ..... waiting ... and he arrives in and she's like ..... ah well its urself. ... haven't seen ya in 2 days .... oh u r away..... bye now...... love to the girlfriend.
    I mean by day 5 you'd have gone all mcgyvver on his ass and have fashioned a shiv outta a polystyrene burger box! But no..... not a bother on her. Saner than I am she is. Wait til she hears about trump!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,813 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Heather finds Katy's note to Farrah and takes Hughie car to find her but crashes

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Heather finds Katy's note to Farrah and takes Hughie car to find her but crashes

Of course. Of course this again will fail. They think it's exciting? It's Groundhog Day. Never ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

threetrees wrote: »

Glenrose could be looking at a good story with dementia, she's a great actor so I hope she gets something gritty to work with.

Given their flippant disregard for plausibility with Dermot's cancer I hope they don't attempt a dementia storyline .

It deserves more respect then these writers could give it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Given their flippant disregard for plausibility with Dermot's cancer I hope they don't attempt a dementia storyline .

If your talking plausibility and you watch corrie just take a look at ken Barlow just months after having a very bad stroke! Recovering fantastically well!

If you are talking plausibility just look at EastEnders weeks after a massive bus crash into a busy market and not one character killed or not even a scratch...

I really dont know what is happening to all soaps lately and the way they are treating their viewers like they are stupid or something and believe all these unbelievable innacurate facts after something major has happened to a character(s)!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

You'll be throwing your shoe at the TV over how many times this note of Katy's gets passed around. First, Farrah throws it in the bin, then Heather finds it and sets out looking for the 'missing girl', then it frustratingly is briefly in Emmet's hands but he doesn't read it. Honestly, it's too much, someone just please find Katy already. Also tonight, Robbie draws an unsuspecting Paul into a trap while Leo and Dean prepare for Troy’s imminent arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Katy is obviously not going to be found until May, that way they can get the year out of it. How she hasn't gone completely and utterly crazy by now is beyond me, she doesn't even try to escape these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

It's just so implausible to think she'd still be sitting in the same position on the bed, arms folded around her legs, and still some considered level of sanity for the last 10 months.
    You'd be gone absolutely barmy- it's just inconceivable.

Maybe Paul is the father of the baby

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

anna080 wrote: »
    It's just so implausible to think she'd still be sitting in the same position on the bed, arms folded around her legs, and still some considered level of sanity for the last 10 months.
    You'd be gone absolutely barmy- it's just inconceivable.

Her survival instinct would have kicked in long ago and she would have at least tried to pick the lock, block up all the drains and the shower to get attention. Plus not to mention how lucky Ciaran is that nobody has broken into his shed by now, even to steal tools etc. And that door is not covered by anything anymore so Katy should just scream her head off and surely someone passing by would hear. I'm absolutely convinced they wont wrap it up until May.

Maybe Paul is the father of the baby

Quite possible considering he's everyone else's father!

• Advertisement

Going by Dermish's situation I reckon Rose is diagnosed on a Tuesday and right as rain on the Wednesday; new brain located and fitted....not a bother.

If your talking plausibility and you watch corrie just take a look at ken Barlow just months after having a very bad stroke! Recovering fantastically well!

If you are talking plausibility just look at EastEnders weeks after a massive bus crash into a busy market and not one character killed or not even a scratch...

I really dont know what is happening to all soaps lately and the way they are treating their viewers like they are stupid or something and believe all these unbelievable innacurate facts after something major has happened to a character(s)!

I wouldn't put them in the same category

I'm not saying the are top notch but its an insult to them to put with same credibility and talent of the many many fair city writers and "research" team

walshb wrote: »
    Going by Dermish's situation I reckon Rose is diagnosed on a Tuesday and right as rain on the Wednesday; new brain located and fitted....not a bother.

Exactly this lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

Katy is obviously not going to be found until May, that way they can get the year out of it. How she hasn't gone completely and utterly crazy by now is beyond me, she doesn't even try to escape these days.

And then of course RTÉ will have a week of advertising about this and they'll try and big it up like they did for IWD, only for Katy to be released in the most low key and anticlimatic way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

And then of course RTÉ will have a week of advertising about this and they'll try and big it up like they did for IWD, only for Katy to be released in the most low key and anticlimatic way

I think they should do something really original and unexpected like a siege?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Katy has been working on that part of the floor just inside the door, where Ciaran always flops down when he visits. She's been weakening the joists by sawing through them with a nail file. Right underneath is an old disused mechanics pit, which Ciaran falls into all going to plan.

Katy runs out the door and heads straight for the Hungry Pig where she orders burger and fries and promptly puts the whole irritating experience behind her.

Ciaran is last seen thumbing a lift out of Carrigstown with his bag on his shoulder like David Banner back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd love if they gave no spoilers about the KT release whenever it does happen, but inevitably they'll spill every little detail in advance. There'll even be pictures. Bleurgh.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Katy has been working on that part of the floor just inside the door, where Ciaran always flops down when he visits. She's been weakening the joists by sawing through them with a nail file. Right underneath is an old disused mechanics pit, which Ciaran falls into all going to plan.

Katy runs out the door and heads straight for the Hungry Pig where she orders burger and fries and promptly puts the whole irritating experience behind her.

Ciaran is last seen thumbing a lift out of Carrigstown with his bag on his shoulder like David Banner back in the day.

I don't whether you are joking or not but THIS is 100% happening!

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'd love if they gave no spoilers about the KT release whenever it does happen, but inevitably they'll spill every little detail in advance. There'll even be pictures. Bleurgh.

Meh, the sooner we know this story is finishing, the better! Spoilers, 3 weeks in hand, anything, I will take at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Oh for gods sake. Snails pace of a storyline!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement