Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The big problem with the Katy story is they really dont have anything to REPLACE it with. Last year the 3 big stories were Heathers poisoning of Ellie, Oisin slowly tearing Paul and Niamh apart and Katy going missing. I dont even consider rubbish fillers like Caoimhe going back to work or Damien arguing with Pete as real storylines.

So now Oisin is gone so thats resolved, The Plan is a confusing and contradictary mess so that doesnt count. Leaving us with Katy as the "main" storyline. When thats over, what exactly are we left with? Niamh going back to Paul? Alzheimers? Not good enough. FC needs a "thing", a talking point storyline and until they have that worked out then Katy is going nowhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

The big problem with the Katy story is they really dont have anything to REPLACE it with. Last year the 3 big stories were Heathers poisoning of Ellie, Oisin slowly tearing Paul and Niamh apart and Katy going missing. I dont even consider rubbish fillers like Caoimhe going back to work or Damien arguing with Pete as real storylines.

So now Oisin is gone so thats resolved, The Plan is a confusing and contradictary mess so that doesnt count. Leaving us with Katy as the "main" storyline. When thats over, what exactly are we left with? Niamh going back to Paul? Alzheimers? Not good enough. FC needs a "thing", a talking point storyline and until they have that worked out then Katy is going nowhere...

Yep, I reckon we are heading for Gripey's mum Alzheimer's storyline .. she nearly burnt down the house that time ... my MIL burnt down her kitchen once ... wasnt down to Alzheimer's .. she was just stupid! ..

I think they should get Katie out only for her to go home and Gripey's mum to say "you go upstairs to bed , and I will bring you up a lovely mug of hot milk" - then she puts chip pan on instead and walks out of the home in her dressing gown half dressed .. and then house burns down with Katie upstairs .. turning out she was actually safer (and alive) by staying locked up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I can't believe Oisin is gone forever!..... Is he?..... He's the only believable / well-played actors on the show...... I'm beginning think it's a FC conspiracy to get rid of the good /actors, characters.

I can't believe Oisin is gone forever!..... Is he?..... He's the only believable / well-played actors on the show...... I'm beginning think it's a FC conspiracy to get rid of the good /actors, characters.

I had mixed feelings for Oisin .. but at the beginning I could not stand the smarmy little jumped up little twerp ... but then as time went on, yeah I think he was playing the part pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

He'll be back in 3-6 months.

youwould wrote: »
    He'll be back in 3-6 months.

In a way I kinda hope he doesn't come back to FC, I'd like to see him NOT get stuck in the FC rut and still be there at age 70, he should move onto something else, something more deserving of his talent than this FC tripe.

In a way I kinda hope he doesn't come back to FC, I'd like to see him NOT get stuck in the FC rut and still be there at age 70, he should move onto something else, something more deserving of his talent than this FC tripe.

there have been a couple of tv adverts on rte and i have thought "i bet that is Oisin doing the voiceover on that ad" - its already been said that a lot of the FC actors do voiceovers for TV and Radio ads

there have been a couple of tv adverts on rte and i have thought "i bet that is Oisin doing the voiceover on that ad" - its already been said that a lot of the FC actors do voiceovers for TV and Radio ads

Yes, someone posted a link to a interview that Damos wife did, she was saying most of them did voice overs for ads, the only voices I reconsider in the ads was yourwan that used to own the Bistro, can't remember her name, one of Bella's daughters and Wanderers favorite character 'look at me' Niamh. Ha!

Yes, someone posted a link to a interview that Damos wife did, she was saying most of them did voice overs for ads, the only voices I reconsider in the ads was yourwan that used to own the Bistro, can't remember her name, one of Bella's daughters and Wanderers favorite character 'look at me' Niamh. Ha!

Does anyone remember Paul's ex Fiona Piggott back in around 2007? I think she killed her husband who was a client of Paul's or something. Amelia Crowley who played her used to do a lot of voice overs and still does. She used to drive me mad doing the ads for 3 mobile because they were constantly on the radio and tv whenever I'd switch on - day or night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Niamh, Robbie, Hayley, Bob and Caoimhe are on loads of adverts doing voice overs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Does anyone remember Paul's ex Fiona Piggott back in around 2007? I think she killed her husband who was a client of Paul's or something. Amelia Crowley who played her used to do a lot of voice overs and still does. She used to drive me mad doing the ads for 3 mobile because they were constantly on the radio and tv whenever I'd switch on - day or night!

Yes, and at the time the actor was pregnant and there was no attempt to hide her bump. Don't know what Paulio thought about that but it's not unlikely that a Piggot child will surface some time in the future to bring his 4x4 up to 5x5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

coolhull wrote: »
    Grandeeod, if it's not too presumptuous,

Your presumption is correct cool.......You are the master of comedy in this thread and the rest of us are mere apprentices......your posts are always hilarious and spot on :D.

Paddys Day next week.....any sign of Zoe?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Paddys Day next week.....any sign of Zoe?

Who ? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Who ? :pac:

Saint Patrick patron saint of Ireland.

She was abandoned by her sister and adopted by penguins.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Paddys Day is on a Friday so i guess Fair city will bypass it seen as they like to correlate each episode in real time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Paddys Day is on a Friday so i guess Fair city will bypass it seen as they like to correlate each episode in real time?

Fair City wouldn't have been on anyway if it fell on a St Patricks Day.

• Advertisement

Happy to see Leo and his hands are back.

I was at a confirmation this weekend and the kids were like university graduates compared to Ellie and her shiny shampoo.

Oh, Jesus. Here we go. Marcus is already annoying me,

• Registered Users Posts: 30,606 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've never seen a soap with so much chat about an ironing board cover!

Same Troy or Troy #2?

Same Troy or Troy #2?

Must be Troy 3 or 4, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

lol it's Lovehate with the woman in a cupboard not Dan...

"Any day now bla bla bla" shut the **** up Niamh

Oh, there we go. Niamh and Marcus. As subtle as anything.

• Advertisement

Must be Troy 3 or 4, no?

Maybe, I can't remember if Troy was in it when Dean #1 was around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement