Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Scarpetta1

walshb wrote: »
    Why would he have to have been buying them? No other options?

I have never ever heard of a kidnapper being tripped up because he was out buying tampons on a regular basis.

Fair enough.

Katie *probably* needs them regularly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,606 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

sligojoek wrote: »
    H'd have to use a different shop every time. He'd look well bringing a box up to Farrah in Spar every few weeks. Especially as she won't be needing any for a while.

Seeing the fact that Farrah hasn't coped on to Ciaran by now. I'd question her intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm unfortunately in hospital at the moment. Caught up with FC this morning. Jeez lads,
    Blood pressure monitor soaring with such stupidity. Cringing at Niamh and your man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I

Also why is Christy Ah Now in FC? What purpose does he serve? Comic relief?

Troy Dowling. He will soon be serving Troy. As inevitable as Robbie will go through 2 buckets of brill cream per week

jos28 wrote: »
    I'm unfortunately in hospital at the moment. Caught up with FC this morning. Jeez lads,
    Blood pressure monitor soaring with such stupidity. Cringing at Niamh and your man

A drive thru liver transplant?

• Advertisement

I really love Ruth!! She genuinely is a better, more believable character than most of the cast!

Also what the f*ck! Does Hughie have an A4 drawing from Baby Ellie hanging from his windscreen and completely obscurring his view! No wonder YHeader crashed!

If anything, she would have a case against him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Hope you make a quick recovery Jos.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Get well soon jos!
    Have you got your own pet consultant on call 24/7?
    If not, demand one!
    Also, do not watch FC from your hospital bed. People have made that mistake before, and ended up in psychiatric care.
    This thread is recommended, and may even come on prescription, but not the show itself. Avoid it if you value your health.......

I think we should collude and get some acting accreditation (an IMDB account or something) for a poster here to get a cast role/writer role and infiltrate the whole FC set up and stage a revolution?

Or else we could kidnap a cast member and demand an interrogation with the head writer(s)/ producers for some answers.

Or else, and this is a bit of a wild idea so bear with me, we could just do nothing but log on here and slag the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but guess what, the KT storyline isn't going to be resolved any time soon. Next week:
    Ciaran finds the note. Furious, he takes every single personal belonging from Katy and leaves her in the dark as punishment

I am extremely close now to giving up on FC, and I was one of the people who really enjoyed this story at the start, but now it painful, actually physically painful to watch. Its just one extremely implausible event after another now. Bad enough that she didn't escape the first time but now we are dealt up situations like Heather just casually coming across the lock up as if it were only a 5 min walk away when its clearly in the middle of an industrial estate.

Or Heather, despite the extremely complex relationship she has with her daughter, conveniently forgetting all that and yet not remembering Ciaran who nearly battered her with a crowbar when she stumbled across Katy. Then he insists on her moving in, now we have a pregnancy, then we have a secret note that Farrah just took out and dumped without even looking at it, then Emmet comes across it, then Heather drives around randomly as if this missing girl is just going to show up.

Christ, its the worst storyline I have ever come across and FC are taking the absolute p!ss here. NOBODY likes it anymore, even the cringey Facebook and Twitter followers. End it NOW. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭homingbird

Like I posted already by next weekend all will be sorted out

Some of the absolute sh1te that that FC Fans Propoganda Twitter Account spouts. Clearly someone involved with the show behind it.

I am loving this Ciaran/Heather/Katy storyline, compelling to watch for me #faircity (Sure, it is Jim, sure it is #LiarLiar)

OMG :o:o What an episode....Renee please grab the note out of Heather's hand #faircity (It wasn't, and you know she won't)

OMG that's a sad scene with Niamh :( she deserves so much better #FairCity (no, she doesn't she is a horrible character)

OMG Emmet didn't open it #faircity (why would he open it, that would mean the plot would have to come to a conclusion, and why are you tweeting faux surprise that he didn't??)

Omg the letter is there :o #faircity (Yes, you fking knew it was there, your previous tweet (below), citing tonights show preview, said as much so why are you pretending this is a shocking moment)

Time to head to Carrigstown where Katy's note is discovered but by who exactly? #FairCity (Obviously Header, it has been in the media previews for a fortnight that she finds it and if you claim yourself to be such a FC fan, you would know that already)

Could Ciaran's dirty secret finally be revealed? Tonight sounds so good!! (You know fking well it won't be revealed)

Brilliant episode of #faircity, Superb, Well done to the Cast & Crew for such a fantastic way to mark #InternationalWomensDay (Yeah, with a stereotypical gender specific episode with women sipping c0cktails backstabbing each other and fighting over a man and a handbag? Surely they could have slipped in real concerns that the day represents facing women such as violence, harassment or workplace discrimination?)

What a twist to the plot in #faircity with Farrah being pregnant :o I didn't see that one coming... (I did, and I know you did also, it was in the Sunday world a week before it aired)

Why doesn't the likes of Carol or Hayley tell Paul, surely Hayley would have told Paul by now #faircity (Because that would make sense and FC doesn't do sense....)

And so on and so forth.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

Why the hell doesn't bloody Katy DO SOMETHING besides sitting/lying on that blasted bed :mad:
    Could she not try to kick the fecking door out or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,926 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Afollower wrote: »
    Why the hell doesn't bloody Katy DO SOMETHING besides sitting/lying on that blasted bed :mad:

I agree completely. Why doesn't she try flooding the cell with water from the shower so that hundreds or thousands of gallons of water escape outside in a 24 / 48 hour period, thus drawing attention to the garage?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

And in last nights episode, she was sitting on the bed and she bloody heard Ciaran BREATHING in the next room and called out to him, and yet when Heather was there and saw her on the tablet there wasn't a sound even though Katy was screaming at the top of her lungs and banging that door- what kind of logic is that?

I'm sure if she kept up the screaming for a while SOMEONE would hear her, that looks like a busy enough set of units and businesses, surely some people are hanging around the area during the day. Instead, she just sits there reading magazines and waiting to die.

@Talking Bread, that has to be either a cast member or scriptwriter behind that rubbish, the story has gone on so long now that nobody likes it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks for the good wishes folks. I didn't really need the liver transplant but sure lookit they had a spare one lying around. I haven't see whispering Bob's brother doctor here yet. Believe it or not they have more than one bed and one doctor here

Thanks for the good wishes folks. I didn't really need the liver transplant but sure lookit they had a spare one lying around. I haven't see whispering Bob's brother doctor here yet. Believe it or not they have more than one bed and one doctor here

Name: Jo

Phrase: "sure look it"

Details: Sharing a bed with a doctor

hmmmmmmmmmmm

gallery_618_soaps_fair_city_177_2.jpg

Get well ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

sligojoek wrote: »
    City

And Fergal from the stag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Strazdas wrote: »

I agree completely. Why doesn't she try flooding the cell with water from the shower so that hundreds or thousands of gallons of water escape outside in a 24 / 48 hour period, thus drawing attention to the garage?.
    She didn't pay her water charges!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭political analyst

I wonder have Fair City viewers been contacting RTÉ in an attempt to get hints as to when and how the Katy captivity story will be concluded. In other soaps, cast members give hints as to what will happen next. Why is that not the case here?

• Advertisement

I wonder have Fair City viewers been contacting RTÉ in an attempt to get hints as to when and how the Katy captivity story will be concluded. In other soaps, cast members give hints as to what will happen next. Why is that not the case here?

I think the writers don't know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

I am a 16 year old transition year student currently doing work experience in Telefis Eireann. I dont have much real work - just a bit of voiceover stuff, making up the weather, and polishing the Lotto balls after each draw - but as most of the Fair City writers have not come back from the Oscars yet, I have been asked to give a dig out. Here's my first effort. I don't know whether I should tag this as a spoiler as they haven't yet decided to go with it, but I'm hopeful!

With Ciaran gone away Katy adopts a new tactic - the dirty protest. She smears every inch of her cell with excrement which she had been hiding for months. (just add water and stir) This attracts a huge swarm of thousands of rats. They get in and, after eating her sandwiches, they bite Katy savagely. Bleeding bad, naked, and blind, the adrenaline rush gives her the strength to break through the papier mache walls and she runs screaming out onto the street where she is unfortunately hit by Heather driving Hughie's car again. Heather is charged with murder and Hughie is also charged as an accessory. Both are immediately remanded in custody until the trial. Katy, who is not really dead is smuggled away to England by Robbie where she moves in with journalist Nina who is going to write her story. Esther's body which has been lying unclaimed in the morgue is buried in Katy's coffin. Robbie arranged the switch. Ciaran isn't charged as he is previously of good character and is about to become a father. Ellie is put into an orphanage, but she is hopeful that Dermot will adopt her when he comes back with dark glasses and his goatee gone. He will also have developed the personality and accent of his organ donor, a homeless Lithuanian woman, so nobody recognises him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I am a 16 year old transition year student currently doing work experience in Telefis Eireann. I dont have much real work - just a bit of voiceover stuff, making up the weather, and polishing the Lotto balls after each draw - but as most of the Fair City writers have not come back from the Oscars yet, I have been asked to give a dig out. Here's my first effort. I don't know whether I should tag this as a spoiler as they haven't yet decided to go with it, but I'm hopeful!

With Ciaran gone away Katy adopts a new tactic - the dirty protest. She smears every inch of her cell with excrement which she had been hiding for months. (just add water and stir) This attracts a huge swarm of thousands of rats. They get in and, after eating her sandwiches, they bite Katy savagely. Bleeding bad, naked, and blind, the adrenaline rush gives her the strength to break through the papier mache walls and she runs screaming out onto the street where she is unfortunately hit by Heather driving Hughie's car again. Heather is charged with murder and Hughie is also charged as an accessory. Both are immediately remanded in custody until the trial. Katy, who is not really dead is smuggled away to England by Robbie where she moves in with journalist Nina who is going to write her story. Esther's body which has been lying unclaimed in the morgue is buried in Katy's coffin. Robbie arranged the switch. Ciaran isn't charged as he is previously of good character and is about to become a father. Ellie is put into an orphanage, but she is hopeful that Dermot will adopt her when he comes back with dark glasses and his goatee gone. He will also have developed the personality and accent of his organ donor, a homeless Lithuanian woman, so nobody recognises him.

After reading that, you do actually sound like a 16 year old transition year student in RTE. One that has been consumed by the FC script dept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Because it's never going to end.... never.

I believed you on the first line.

I still believe you.

Seriously, the quality of writing in this thread! Fair City is already a comedy, they should just hire people straight out of this thread and change direction. It'd rival Father Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I still believe you.

Seriously, the quality of writing in this thread! Fair City is already a comedy, they should just hire people straight out of this thread and change direction. It'd rival Father Ted.

I used to laugh at dermish's wife Jo's accent , I kind of miss her for that ... especially when she used to say 'Fahey!' ... it sounded naughty the way she said it lol :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I still believe you.

They should snap coolhull up :D

They should snap coolhull up :D

We can run an event to raise funds to pay for one episode, terms being that Coolhull gets to write it and we all get a hand in directing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,926 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

All of that is fine but you will need to have a strong financial element too : lots of talk of money and bank accounts and loans and shares and property sales, that is imperative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

We had handbag cash slapstick last week and now we have KTs note slapstick.

Greasy has the old Jedward hair going on, he must think it's cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement