Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I like most only watch FC for the lulz but even I get frustrated when they miss simple chances to make terrible stories half decent. They usualy attempt to tag on a random twist at the "end" of each plot that makes no sense or was glaringly obvious.

Why can't they include an ongoing attempt by KT to escape. So that there will be a real will she/wont she get out. Rather than will she get out if Header crashes a car into the garage. I am not counting the note as an escape attempt!

LH told her in advance once he'd be gone all weekend. She had 48 hours to try something that might be someway interestesting. LH end in sunny January Cobh for a week! I would love to see a McGuyver style escape but I suspect it will be something random.

Speaking of McGuyver what happened to the Rams one man crusade to find KT? She wasnt in the first brothel he checked in Athlone so he gave up?

Sad considering her whole family packed up looking. A friend of mines brother went missing about ten years ago. That family, extended family, friends searched tirelessly for that guy. Fir years. All over the country, London and mainland europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Are Dermot and Ben still in the back of a Hiace ?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This is it, there is no tense element to it. It's just going through the motions almost a year now.

Charlies will he won't he give Mags a funeral or at least mention her is more tense. And that's going on circa a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭political analyst

Charlies will he won't he give Mags a funeral or at least mention her is more tense. And that's going on circa a decade.

Mag's funeral, just like Esther's, took place, as is said about events that take place in the storyline of a TV dramatisation but are not seen by viewers, "off-screen".

• Advertisement

Mag's funeral, just like Esther's, took place, as is said about events that take place in the storyline of a TV dramatisation but are not seen by viewers, "off-screen".

Mags "funeral" situation is very very different though. Were you watching it back then. Mags was a huge character in the soap so to merely get a bare mention that she died in the pub and not even a follow up grieving plot or anything was very poorly done. They could have at least had the funeral party in their suits etc come back to McCoys after the "offscreen" funeral and toast her.
    And now Bunnion generally refers to Esther as the love of his life, and there is f all mention of Mags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

It's cute the way Ruth has a different accent and dialect to the rest of her family:D

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Niamh : Let's have no names

Marcus: I like a bit of mystery

Orla: Hi Niamh, where's Paul

Niamh: Who's Niamh?

Orla: Whaa???

Hugie: Sorry about that Orla, Heather hijacked my car.

Orla : Heather, Heather hijacked your car, heather who has a brain injury who cant manage a sentence unless she has a few scoops, hijacked your car Hugie,

Hugie: Orla just leave it, Niamh you ok for a drink

Niamh: Who's Niamh?

Carol walk in : So you've met Marcus have you Niamh.

Heather bursts in for her daily drinks looks at Niamh : yourrrrrr Niiammmh...the one with the plan

Marcus: aaaa the plan I've heard so much about this plan from ....welll every one except that one fella...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭political analyst

Mags "funeral" situation is very very different though. Were you watching it back then. Mags was a huge character in the soap so to merely get a bare mention that she died in the pub and not even a follow up grieving plot or anything was very poorly done. They could have at least had the funeral party in their suits etc come back to McCoys after the "offscreen" funeral and toast her.
    And now Bunnion generally refers to Esther as the love of his life, and there is f all mention of Mags.

The community centre is named after her.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,606 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I actually think we could do with seen a lot more Heather driving scenes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Also what the f*ck! Does Hughie have an A4 drawing from Baby Ellie hanging from his windscreen and completely obscurring his view! No wonder YHeader crashed!

It was probably the most ridiculous piece of art I've ever seen. You would get penalty points for it if you were pulled over.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,926 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I like most only watch FC for the lulz but even I get frustrated when they miss simple chances to make terrible stories half decent. They usualy attempt to tag on a random twist at the "end" of each plot that makes no sense or was glaringly obvious.

Why can't they include an ongoing attempt by KT to escape. So that there will be a real will she/wont she get out. Rather than will she get out if Header crashes a car into the garage. I am not counting the note as an escape attempt!

LH told her in advance once he'd be gone all weekend. She had 48 hours to try something that might be someway interestesting. LH end in sunny January Cobh for a week! I would love to see a McGuyver style escape but I suspect it will be something random.

Speaking of McGuyver what happened to the Rams one man crusade to find KT? She wasnt in the first brothel he checked in Athlone so he gave up?

Sad considering her whole family packed up looking. A friend of mines brother went missing about ten years ago. That family, extended family, friends searched tirelessly for that guy. Fir years. All over the country, London and mainland europe.

Katy is intelligent and very feisty. There is no way she would just shrug her shoulders and accept her fate. She would clearly be trying every trick in the book to escape out of there. She knows for example that she is being held in a garage and that it is on ground level. Why not make an unmerciful racket every time Ciaran says he is going away for 48 hours and start banging things off the wall? Looking at the scenes the other night, it seems to be surrounded by other lock ups (!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I actually think we could do with seen a lot more Heather driving scenes!

cant piece two words together and thinks KT is her little girl ... but can change gear perfectly ... and she even knew how to switch the wipers on!! - sheesh! when I get into a new car, or a car I am not used to it takes me days to find out where the windscreen wiper switch is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Strazdas wrote: »
    Katy is intelligent and very feisty. There is no way she would just shrug her shoulders and accept her fate. She would clearly be trying every trick in the book to escape out of there. She knows for example that she is being held in a garage and that it is on ground level. Why not make an unmerciful racket every time Ciaran says he is going away for 48 hours and start banging things off the wall? Looking at the scenes the other night, it seems to be surrounded by other lock ups (!)

she has a toilet in there and she has been given paper - block the feckin' toilet up bad ... plumber has to be called out, says the blockage seems to be at a toilet on your premises and I have to stick me rod down the bog - even if the plumber cannot get to bog she can shout out and sound will transfer to outside somehow ... see dynarod could be the hero of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Cazale wrote: »
    It was probably the most ridiculous piece of art I've ever seen. You would get penalty points for it if you were pulled over.

Overheard at the writers meeting:- 'But how will the punters know that it's Hughies's car that Header has robbed?' Blank stares all round the table. Writer #8596 has a lightbulb moment..... Jumps up and says.... 'Why don't we give the punters a clue?' Standing ovation from the rest of the writers, as they get their colouring pencils out to design the 'clue'.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

The community centre is named after her.

ha, fair enough! Its just a running joke on here tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

A few weeks ago we had a scene where Ellie just happened to come across the lock-in and startled Ciaran who was in there working, and yet from the outside it looks like its a fair distance away from town. Then of course Heather just walked straight in and knew exactly which lock up, from the dozens of ones in the area, belonged to Ciaran.
    She even said to him as he was about to batter her "They told me in the garage you might be here" Ha ha ha, so they told him in his WORKPLACE that he may be in another lock up a fair distance away doing his own work, oh and I don't know which garage it is, I'm sure you will work it out. Fcku me, that is extremely poor researching there...

And since Ciaran was revealed as the kidnapper, he seems to have lost his job in the garage, not one scene of him working during the day, or having lunch with the lads. Must be tough to keep a 3 bedroom in the middle of Dublin on a mechanics wage, not to mention the extra cost of his girlfriend, her niece and the nieces mother who has special needs....

A few weeks ago we had a scene where Ellie just happened to come across the lock-in and startled Ciaran who was in there working, and yet from the outside it looks like its a fair distance away from town. Then of course Heather just walked straight in and knew exactly which lock up, from the dozens of ones in the area, belonged to Ciaran.
    She even said to him as he was about to batter her "They told me in the garage you might be here" Ha ha ha, so they told him in his WORKPLACE that he may be in another lock up a fair distance away doing his own work, oh and I don't know which garage it is, I'm sure you will work it out. Fcku me, that is extremely poor researching there...

And since Ciaran was revealed as the kidnapper, he seems to have lost his job in the garage, not one scene of him working during the day, or having lunch with the lads. Must be tough to keep a 3 bedroom in the middle of Dublin on a mechanics wage, not to mention the extra cost of his girlfriend, her niece and the nieces mother who has special needs....

plus he is renting out a city centre industrial estate premises and must be spending an average of 30 euro per week keeping KT fed and cleansed.

And not to mention paying for her makeup, hair stylist, manicurist, psychologist (she is the most sane person in the show) etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

plus he is renting out a city centre industrial estate premises and must be spending an average of 30 euro per week keeping KT fed and cleansed.

And not to mention paying for her makeup, hair stylist, manicurist, psychologist (she is the most sane person in the show) etc.

And his MASSIVE rent bill which must be crippling since Emmet moved out. And the extra electricity used up by the extra people in the house plus a woman who uses the iron for hours at a time, then you have these trips away with Farrah, all the supplies you mentioned for Katy. Plus he always seems to be off work. I'm in the wrong career.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

And his MASSIVE rent bill which must be crippling since Emmet moved out. And the extra electricity used up by the extra people in the house plus a woman who uses the iron for hours at a time, then you have these trips away with Farrah, all the supplies you mentioned for Katy. Plus he always seems to be off work. I'm in the wrong career.

we're all in wrong careers - script writers for Fair city -that's where we should be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,926 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I don't think it would be viable for Ciaran to hold Katy hostage at a location other than where he lives for almost a year and not get caught. If you look at the previous kidnappings in real life, the captor nearly always holds the person in the place where they actually live.

Holding Katy in a location away from Ciaran's house would be fraught with danger. Any number of different things could potentially go wrong and he would be attracting suspicion by his constant to-ing and fro-ing to the lock up, even on Saturdays and Sundays, not just by people in the vicinity of the garage but by his own friends and colleagues. On top of that, a person being held in a lock up / garage would make numerous attempts to raise the alarm when their captor is not present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Ciarans garage was definitely a small lockup down a side street beside Carraigstown. You would hardly stumble into the new location the way Emmett, Alanna, Farrah, Ellie and Header did in the recent past.

Cazale wrote: »
    Ciarans garage was definitely a small lockup down a side street beside Carraigstown. You would hardly stumble into the new location the way Emmett, Alanna, Farrah, Ellie and Header did in the recent past.

It most definitely was.I remember Alannah dropping randomly by, as did Emmet and remember Gripey's heart to heart with him a few vweeks before the "shock" reveal.

I mean are we supposed to believe they all walked out of town to an industrial estate to share concerns with LoveHate. Who did not seem all that bothered with them being there and chatting away. In fact he was almost having sex with Alannah there at one stage and didn't seem at all nervous!!

Cw1ejxgXUAIEK3C.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Is Carrigstown a US colony now? What's with with all the American accents last 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,606 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Hughie, Heather didn't nearly total your car, she totally totaled it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

What is Hughies connection here?

Good to see Tommy still has his Kilkenny dream in his sights

Would heather not be admitted back to hospital after driving the car for a medical assessment ?

FFS. Troy is a cliche of a cliche.

Shermin??? FFS what is it with these ridiculous names that FC writers go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Also did the note randomly disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't get Farrah.

• Advertisement

Ah, yeaaahhhhhhyyyy, personality transplant for Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa to suit the plot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement