Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Is this actor actually American?? Could they not just write the character as Irish and have him sound somewhat normal. Nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Did Hughie Maugham do Header's makeup? :pac:

Leo sounds more American than this f'in ridiculous character.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

Ah lads.......Juan Sheet would be happy with KTs letter. It has its own part in FC at this stage. Shortly it will have an American accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

RTE voice over at the end:
    'The note is killing me'

The note is killing us all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭George White

Is this actor actually American?? Could they not just write the character as Irish and have him sound somewhat normal. Nonsense

Yes, I'm wondering the same. He is, surprisingly, but he's not very good despite having been in the Place Beyond the Pines, in a small role. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1478790/
    Reminds me of the late 60s obsession in Coronation Street where they'd have US G.I.s. staying in Weatherfield, played by Canadian Gerry Anderson voices/Pinewood regulars like Paul Maxwell and Shane Rimmer. But at least that was plausible, as the US army and Air Force were based in Lancashire (my uncle served in the USAF and met his wife nearby).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Niamh and the yank..

Is this some sort of modern day version of 'The Quiet Man' for Patrick's Day?

Niamh our red haired Maureen O'Hara and this American fella John Wayne:D

nagdefy wrote: »
    Niamh and the yank..

Niamh our red haired Maureen O'Hara and this American fell John Wayne:D
    No, she's Elsie Tanner and he's her American GI husband (the aforementioned Paul Maxwell, aka one of the Weyland-Yutani execs in Aliens) who got murdered, the first murder in the Street's history.

Fair City is resembling a cheap US soap opera without the insanity.

I liked Ciaran, he was a decent oul sort with a kidnapping problem. Now he's turned into a violent manipulative fuc*er. Looking forward to any comeuppance if it comes.

Pass the note is very easy, cheap television, an insult to an audience who are well fed up of the kidnap story as it is. Finish it up to fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fook ending the plan, fook ending KTs incarceration. I'd be more than happy if they just fixed Cheshire fooking Cat's voice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Niamh and the yank..

John Wayne's hat had more screen presence than this fella

walshb wrote: »
    Fook ending the plan, fook ending KTs incarceration. I'd be more than happy if they just fixed Cheshire fooking Cat's voice!

She's actually disimproved a lot tonight. She's as bad as when she came out of the coma.

Head on her like Rodney from Only Fools and Horses after Del Boy turned up the sunbed on him to the max.

Niamh and the yank..

Its a mixture of that and "The Field"

the-field-richard-harris.jpg

"Tis my Speakeasy It's my child. I nursed it. I nourished it. I saw to its every want. I got the bar licence with my bare hands and I made a living thing of it! My only want is that speakeasy and you want to take it away from me, and in the sight of God I can't let you do that! Especially not to some Yank outsider"

Its a mixture of that and "The Field"

"Tis my Speakeasy It's my child. I nursed it. I nourished it. I saw to its every want. I got the bar licence with my bare hands and I made a living thing of it! My only want is that speakeasy and you want to take it away from me, and in the sight of God I can't let you do that! Especially not to some Yank outsider"

Then he turns around and realises there's still no fooking sign of the speakeasy!

Yes, I'm wondering the same. He is, surprisingly, but he's not very good despite having been in the Place Beyond the Pines, in a small role. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1478790/
    Reminds me of the late 60s obsession in Coronation Street where they'd have US G.I.s. staying in Weatherfield, played by Canadian Gerry Anderson voices/Pinewood regulars like Paul Maxwell and Shane Rimmer. But at least that was plausible, as the US army and Air Force were based in Lancashire (my uncle served in the USAF and met his wife nearby).

In fairness, that is how he talks in real life! He still sounds ridiculous though!!

I hear Marcus has his own algorithm...ctrl-alt-take-Paulio'sDoormat-lightup-likemarketplace!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So the lock up is in Santry. How far is that from Carrickstown? Apparently close enough for various folk, from Ellie, Alannah, Heather and Eoghan to just casually pop in for a chat with the local psycho. And yet last November during the escape attempt that came to nothing, the lock up was down some side street, complete with a jogger passing by (scroll to 8mins 40 seconds in the video below). Make your mind up writers ffs!

I hope Ciaran gets his soon, its actually getting uncomfortable watching him torment Heather at this stage, and nobody is questioning why this complete stranger is so desperate to keep her around, and hes always alone with Heather in every episode, the characters are stupidly trusting of him.

Then he turns around and realises there's still no fooking sign of the speakeasy!

'I was over in one corner of the Speakeasy picking up tayto bags and the father was collecting glasses, when the mother fell over, keeled over so to speak. The father said fetch a priest. I said we'll pull pints for Robbie and Caddle first. We'll pull pints for Robbie and Caddle first. The father looked at me with tears of pride in his eyes.. He knew i'd look after the Speakeasy. And if you think i'm going to meet my mother in heaven or in hell without that Speakeasy you have another thing coming to you.. No collar, uniform or weapon will protect the man that gets in my way'

Oisin to VIP magazine in a recent interview..

Any word on Rose's brain? Have they located a new one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Troy, knowing that Dean had already been through his phone, decides to leave on a pub table while he goes to the jacks.

• Advertisement

Like Heather she deteriorated rapidly in tonights episode. About 5 episodes of forgetfulness this evening and she was averaging 1 a month until tonight. Very rapid onset of dementia/alzheimers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

I believed you on the first line.

I still believe you.

Seriously, the quality of writing in this thread! Fair City is already a comedy, they should just hire people straight out of this thread and change direction. It'd rival Father Ted.

That sounds like a plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

She'll go in to hospital about her sore hand and a secondary side effect of her treatment will cure her alzheimers/dementia. That's how Carrigstown medicine works.

I quoted 'The Bull' McCabe on the Speakeasy before i read your post TTB! Seems we're thinking along the same lines!

Very memorable quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Don't know why the Ram is concerned about Debbie paying Rose's medical bills.
    Doesn't everyone over 70 have a medical card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

So the lock up is in Santry. How far is that from Carrickstown?

From Wikipedia -

According to the RTÉ Guide, Carrigstown is bounded by Drumcondra to the north, the city centre to the south, East Wall to the east and Phibsboro to the west.

In fairness, that is how he talks in real life! He still sounds ridiculous though!!

Some actors are like that, esp. British actors who've spent years in the US, e.g. Charlie Hunnam now sounding like a Tyneside country and western club act.

Like Heather she deteriorated rapidly in tonights episode. About 5 episodes of forgetfulness this evening and she was averaging 1 a month until tonight. Very rapid onset of dementia/alzheimers.

Ok. So she should be back home and all by Sunday's episode, new brain intact!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Has header been on the sunbeds?

• Advertisement

Ciaran, we live together, go away every few days together, have more or less adopted a teenager who talks like a 2 year old together and care for her mother together. Oh and to top it all off, we are having a baby together!!

But one thing I have never asked ya. Who the fk are you, where are you from, wh is your family, do you work, why do you have a workshop in Santry and what is in that bag you carry everywhere.

It is ok though if you don't want to answer!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement