Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »
    I have a senaky feeling we'll get months of "Where's me money," only this time it's "Where's me account numbers?"....

"You have until Tuesday and you better have it for me"
    "You have until Wednesday " " " " " "
    " ' ' ' ' ' ; ' ' Thursday ' ' ' ' ' ' ; ' "
    " ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' Sunday ' '' ' ' ''..........Actually, I mean Tuesday, we are not on air Sunday, bloody RTE cutting an episode off for a match or Lovely Girls competition or something"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Surely Jane is not going to be looking after Ben when/if Derms dies :confused: I think it might be until/if he dies, after all he has a couple of mothers somewhere and I don't think they'd be happy with that arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ben can bloody look after himself, what is he 13 or 14??? Hes treated like a little 4 year old who cant even be trusted to leave the room in every scene on FC, ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ben can bloody look after himself, what is he 13 or 14??? Hes treated like a little 4 year old who cant even be trusted to leave the room in every scene on FC, ridiculous.

He's younger than that, I'm pretty sure he's still in primary school.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

In fairness he does need someone to look after him. I presume he's still in primary school so 12/13 at the most.

Hardly expect a child that age to cook himself a dinner, clean his clothes, pay the bills etc after coming home from school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

EIREDriver wrote: »
    In fairness he does need someone to look after him. I presume he's still in primary school so 12/13 at the most.

Hardly expect a child that age to cook himself a dinner, clean his clothes, pay the bills etc after coming home from school.
    Plus he also was quite ill there not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Legally he's a minor.

Legally he's a minor.

So is Caddles son but he seems well able to look after himself all day every day.

So is Caddles son but he seems well able to look after himself all day every day.

Yes, but he's about 6 feet 3.....

I think Ben is 13, did he not say so himself at one of his tantrums a few weeks ago? Whatever about long term care, he is definitely treated like a little baby on the show, he cant even walk home from The Hungry Pig, he even needed looking after for 10 mins in a packed pub while his dad took a phone call- then again, I think a lot of kids these days are completely mollycoddled and cant survive without their iPhone or Mammys big 7 seater, kids were much tougher in my day, and I'm not even that old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Where's Dermish's new best friend Greasy in his hour of need? I think Caddle and himself peered through the blinds of the ICU one night, like visitors to the zoo watching a sleeping gorilla, but no sign of him since.. True friendship, eh?

In 24 hours Ben goes from being a little bollix (''tell me, when are you going to die? ") to last night being the dutiful son. ""Look Dad I brought you a CD."
    The CD turned out to be 'Teenage Dirtbag'. Which is a piece of music often requested by middle-aged men on their death-bed.

What's this sh1te about hard-man Callum spending all his time upstairs with Ben, watching Superhero downloads and playing games on the X-Box? Callum is his twenties, Binjimin about eleven. Hardly soul mates, ffs.

When /if they the PLAN sorted, and a midle-aged KT is returned to the loving (?) arms of her family, perhaps then we'll all get an opportunity to play a Lara Croft game with Binjimin or Peppa Pig with Ruthie.

Roll on 2017!

coolhull wrote: »
    Where's Dermish's new best friend Greasy in his hour of need?

Forget fooking Greasy....where's Spillane?

And come to think of it, where's Rocco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Forget fooking Greasy....where's Spillane?

And come to think of it, where's Rocco?

And Amanda:p

nagdefy wrote: »
    And Amanda:p

As Amanda would say "Jaysis", I completely forgot about her!

You would think at this stage they would recast Louis, even a few more like Zak and Dearbhla. I mean there is lots of scope for stories with the first two anyway.
    I wish they would recast Damo, Orla, Niamh, Bella and Charlie also. Just because.....................

As Amanda would say "Jaysis", I completely forgot about her!

You would think at this stage they would recast Louis, even a few more like Zak and Dearbhla. I mean there is lots of scope for stories with the first two anyway.
    I wish they would recast Damo, Orla, Niamh, Bella and Charlie also. Just because.....................

Or just get rid of Niamh altogether, pathetic character caught up in an endless cycle of getting with Paul, forgiving his affairs, getting with Paul again. I mean Its actually embarrassing at this stage watching her dawdling back and forth to Paul and unable to just leave him. Even Dermot knew she cant be relied on to leave Paul!

Or just get rid of Niamh altogether, pathetic character caught up in an endless cycle of getting with Paul, forgiving his affairs, getting with Paul again. I mean Its actually embarrassing at this stage watching her dawdling back and forth to Paul and unable to just leave him. Even Dermot knew she cant be relied on to leave Paul!

Ah, now, don't waste a New Year's wish on the impossible!

Ah, now, don't waste a New Year's wish on the impossible!

They got rid of Jo and Christy...its possible. But she seems to be the golden girl of FC so they probably wont, she seems a real annoying clown in real life too, any interview I have seem with her shes gushing away using teenage expressions like LOL and Morto and the woman is over 40!

They got rid of Jo and Christy...its possible. But she seems to be the golden girl of FC so they probably wont, she seems a real annoying clown in real life too, any interview I have seem with her shes gushing away using teenage expressions like LOL and Morto and the woman is over 40!

The difference is they had something to give to the show, seemed like decent actors, were likeable characters and actors and they weren't Clelia (why the fk does she have an extra L in her name) Murphy

The difference is they had something to give to the show, seemed like decent actors, were likeable characters and actors and they weren't Clelia (why the fk does she have an extra L in her name) Murphy

Maybe the only way to stay on FC is to keep the head down and never EVER say anything that could even be perceived as negative, lest you be fired without question by the seemingly thin-skinned producers/writers. Harry Molloy famously slated the show after being let go, saying some cast members were "sneaky little tell-tales", Hmmm, I wonder who he meant??

Any other employer would have a word with you about why you were unhappy and what ideas you had for the future of your character, Jo said she wasn't mad about how stale her character had become....next thing shes fired.

Christy brought them to tribunal for unfair dismissal and won his case. You would have to wonder, is it the long termers who say nothing and put up with absolute crap stories year after year like RETURNING TO A MAN WHO HAS HAD SEVERAL AFFAIRS or starting a Plan for revenge with no intention of follow through.

I don't know what the extra L is for, maybe she thinks shes cool, or her parents did when they names her who knows, did you ever see her Twitter page- chock full of cringey teenage sayings like "OMG! Niamh and Jane, let the games begin" or referencing how brilliant FC is, its pathetic to see just like her character.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Apparently she is named after her Italian grandmother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

My god the last few weeks have been deplorable. I'm not into knocking a show for the sake of it I'll always give credit where it's due but we have been spoonfed such a load of crap.

The KT storyline at it's best was excellent, I was tuning in looking forward to see what was going to happen. It hit it's peak weeks ago (the episode where she got released in the park only for LoveHate to recapture her again) There was some terrific episodes in between also but It really should have ended then and there either she escapes, dies, LoveHate dies whatever. Has been dragged on for so long now I don't actually care anymore. I was never into The Plan story line as I thought it was totally unrealistic and that the writers wouldn't be able to do it properly. Proven right! It's a total mess.

I put up with that horrendous American dancer character who appeared a few months ago (I used to fast forward her scenes as i could not take the cringe) and now we have Cristiano? FC gets its first Gay male character since i've been watching and this is what they do with him? Terrible acting even by FC standards but who the hell is writing his script?! Not all actors in FC are as bad as they seem, It's alot to do with the mediocre writing and bad scripts they're given to work it. Anyways I can't take it anymore it's becoming a chore to watch the show. Was on the twitter machine to see what other people thought of the past few episodes and all i seen were alot of praising very few negative comments if any. Are they watching the same show?! Rant over *exhales*

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    My god the last few weeks have been deplorable. I'm not into knocking a show for the sake of it I'll always give credit where it's due but we have been spoonfed such a load of crap.

The KT storyline at it's best was excellent, I was tuning in looking forward to see what was going to happen. It hit it's peak weeks ago (the episode where she got released in the park only for LoveHate to recapture her again) There was some terrific episodes in between also but It really should have ended then and there either she escapes, dies, LoveHate dies whatever. Has been dragged on for so long now I don't actually care anymore. I was never into The Plan story line as I thought it was totally unrealistic and that the writers wouldn't be able to do it properly. Proven right! It's a total mess.

I put up with that horrendous American dancer character who appeared a few months ago (I used to fast forward her scenes as i could not take the cringe) and now we have Cristiano? FC gets its first Gay male character since i've been watching and this is what they do with him? Terrible acting even by FC standards but who the hell is writing his script?! Not all actors in FC are as bad as they seem, It's alot to do with the mediocre writing and bad scripts they're given to work it. Anyways I can't take it anymore it's becoming a chore to watch the show. Was on the twitter machine to see what other people thought of the past few episodes and all i seen were alot of praising very few negative comments if any. Are they watching the same show?! Rant over *exhales*

Different people have different views i guesd. I agree 100% with you about the Katy story it was very gripping up to that ep where she was captured again and now its a dragged out joke and i just tune out now when i see them. I enjoy the Plan i think Dermot is playing a blinder to be fair and i like the twists and turns its taking plus i hate Niamh so that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Has anyone died in Fair City this year??? Must be the first for a soap in decades, even FC!

Edit: The bould Flynn!

Although Caddle still sees him everytime she layers on the make up!

square_soaps-fair-city-w46-e177-04.jpg

Angela.

MelanieC wrote: »
    Angela.

oh, yeah!

What a strange and pointless plot that all was.

" Lets bring a character we haven't seen for years back and kill her off a few days later and give the audience a week of a character (Mongo) we rarely ever see also mourning over her.
    Oh, and lets send her ex husband off to the desert a few days before and dont tell him she died for no reason but to really complicate and add more confusion to it all.

Oh and lets make the local RoboCop who was getting jiggy with her for a couple of days the chief mourner and organiser at the funeral. And for some bizarre reason let him choose something like "Rock me Mama Like a Wagon Wheel" to play in the church.... because apparently she told him during the couple of days when he was himself rocking her like a wagon wheel what she wanted played at her funeral

And then drop the whole pointless plot."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Katy and love/hate will be riding soon I reckon.

Eoghan to buy a blow up doll for himself.

Pushy article! No talent is right! Some 'hind quarters' on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I just love the fact that Clar is rarely ever on screen and spits out little words but he is still one of the most distinctive and developed characters in the show!!

Everytime Nicola says his name makes me smile!!! I hope he stays!!!

He's like Newman in Seinfeld.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Maybe the only way to stay on FC is to keep the head down and never EVER say anything that could even be perceived as negative, lest you be fired without question by the seemingly thin-skinned producers/writers. Harry Molloy famously slated the show after being let go, saying some cast members were "sneaky little tell-tales", Hmmm, I wonder who he meant??

Any other employer would have a word with you about why you were unhappy and what ideas you had for the future of your character, Jo said she wasn't mad about how stale her character had become....next thing shes fired.

Christy brought them to tribunal for unfair dismissal and won his case. You would have to wonder, is it the long termers who say nothing and put up with absolute crap stories year after year like RETURNING TO A MAN WHO HAS HAD SEVERAL AFFAIRS or starting a Plan for revenge with no intention of follow through.

I don't know what the extra L is for, maybe she thinks shes cool, or her parents did when they names her who knows, did you ever see her Twitter page- chock full of cringey teenage sayings like "OMG! Niamh and Jane, let the games begin" or referencing how brilliant FC is, its pathetic to see just like her character.

Ah jaaaasus ease up, yer giving out about how someone's parents spelt her name. What's sadder is trawling through her twitter feed.
    Her character is just a copy of Pamela Ewing. Without her we'd have limited moral exploration of Dermot's actions too.

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Ah jaaaasus ease up, yer giving out about how someone's parents spelt her name. What's sadder is trawling through her twitter feed.
    Her character is just a copy of Pamela Ewing. Without her we'd have limited moral exploration of Dermot's actions too.

I didnt trawl it i only got on to it when someone here linked the fc twitter page, you cant deny her chatacter is repetitive and boring, the woman goes back to Paul no matter what he does.

• Advertisement

Gebgbegb wrote: »

Not so sure about Niamh and Pamela Ewing comparison.

Pam was a much more sincere character than Niamh. Her problems with Bobby were generally outside the couples control. Pam trying to fit in with the Ewings and JR's numerous schemes to get her to break up with Bobby. At times Pam had to choose between her father 'Digger' and the Ewing clan she married into. The dynamics were totally different.

Niamh started out as a seductress of an older man, Barry O'Hanlon, as a school girl. She had many men before Paul e.g. Barry again, Keith the mechanic, Leo Dowling. Paul and Niamh's relationship became troubled due to their affairs, Paul's mainly. Whereas Bobby and Pam parted at times due to external forces.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement