Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ah lads what the absolute hell was that? I don't even know what happened the last half hour. That episode was so incredibly sh!t that it just fell into another category altogether. I love how Dean thinks its Miami Vice in the 80s with his pastel "clubbing" jacket. And all these new people with weird accents.

Remember last October when Niamh said she was going to fleece Paul of everything he owns and leave him on Valentines Day, leaving his heart in pieces? Whatever happened to that.....now shes following him around like a puppy with her permanent smug grin, talking of "leverage" and "hard ball". So clearly absolutely no signs of her leaving Paul anytime soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Maybe Stuart little will light her up like a Christmas tree then the don will be in big trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Definitely lining up a gambling addiction story for Emmett.

I thought it was Rose that gave him the black eye as part of her dementia storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

He gauged his own eye just to be sure he wouldn't see the note

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is it Ben Sherman? Can't be plain old Sherman, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Cavan Bear

I read about Niamh getting this new good looking business man last week and to be honest I'm disappointed!

He kinda reminds me a wee bit of Mr. Bean but scarier looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

jos28 wrote: »

The writers are clearly shockingly inept at gauging viewers' opinions on the stories. A good writer would know that to prolong a plot like this KT nonsense that long would frustrate viewers. It is simple First Step writing class lesson. Pace your story. Beginning, middle, end. You learn it for your Junior Cert essays.

Sorry, but the more I think of it, on a serious note (which I rarely venture into on this thread), the writers really are awful. I mean terrible. And this isn't me being sensationalist. And reading the comments on that link it seems most viewers agree.

I honestly burst out laughing when I opened that link!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

How do you get sun burn from a car crash?

Also what happened the big hoo ha with Paul leaving Wayne to deal with the debt?

And......if the market place is worth close to a million how is Niamh hoping to buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The writers are clearly shockingly inept at gauging viewers' opinions on the stories. A good writer would know that to prolong a plot like this KT nonsense that long would frustrate viewers. It is simple First Step writing class lesson. Pace your story. Beginning, middle, end. You learn it for your Junior Cert essays.

Sorry, but the more I think of it, on a serious note (which I rarely venture into on this thread), the writers really are awful. I mean terrible. And this isn't me being sensationalist. And reading the comments on that link it seems most viewers agree.

Even the official FB page is filled with comments that wouldnt look out of place on this thread. People are absolutely sick of how bad the show is and how dragged out the kidnap story is. The writers are incompetent talentless clowns who should be sacked.

Seriously where does the FC budget go? Wardrobe? No! Set design? No! Actors wages? Apparently No! So where???

FFS Sherman! How did he track Troy down?

Leo made me laugh tonight though

I actually feel more sorry for Ciaran than KT. Having to deal with his missus of 3 weeks and her entire family in the gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Once the clocks go fwd I'm going to be outside most evenings. FC can kiss my ass goodbye till winter

sligojoek wrote: »
    Once the clocks go fwd I'm going to be outside most evenings. FC can kiss my ass goodbye till winter

I stick FC on record if I go out in the evenings :o Since Joan Burton isn't on the TV so much anymore I need something to yell at and spit out all my bile and venom before I'm safe to let outside again. It's less satisfying though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Could Emmet's scarf be any bigger? It looked ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

That Sherman's a Tank! .....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Has he been using LHs voice alteration gadget?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

threetrees wrote: »
    Could Emmet's scarf be any bigger? It looked ridiculous.

Maybe he's hiding a huge hickey.....

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

I live in a real backwards village in the west, the kind where everyone wears donkey jackets, sliver kings and shares medical cards, two mins after yer christening u get ur real name like 'one of the dicks from dereen' if your dad's name is Richard and u live in dereen. Well I'm nearly sure that this fc is gone so bad that very soon the one fella in the village who has a TV licence will stop paying it and we will all be fxcked

• Advertisement

Rose016 wrote: »
    I live in a real backwards village in the west, the kind where everyone wears donkey jackets, sliver kings and shares medical cards, two mins after yer christening u get ur real name like 'one of the dicks from dereen' if your dad's name is Richard and u live in dereen. Well I'm nearly sure that this fc is gone so bad that very soon the one fella in the village who has a TV licence will stop paying it and we will all be fxcked

Thanks for this, you made me genuinely LOL!

Quality of writing in this thread alone. How does one become a Fair City script writer?

I'm going to make it my business to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think that one went over a few people's heads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They're taking a huge amount of flak over Katy and the note and quite rightly too. You cannot just introduce this (the note) into the storyline, feature it night after night after night and yet with no conclusion ie. someone picking it up and reading the thing. It's almost as if they are trying to infuriate the audience and make them switch off.

If it ends up that Katy is freed and not because of the note, they can sod off.....that would be beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strazdas wrote: »
    They're taking a huge amount of flak over Katy and the note and quite rightly too. You cannot just introduce this (the note) into the storyline, feature it night after night after night and yet with no conclusion ie. someone picking it up and reading the thing. It's almost as if they are trying to infuriate the audience and make them switch off.

If it ends up that Katy is freed and not because of the note, they can sod off.....that would be beyond ridiculous.

Heather read the note tough and somebody else reads it!

It's Ciaran and to punish Katy he looks her in the dark and takes away her stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

An even worse conclusion would be if LH ends up being the one who finally reads the note!
    :eek:

Ooops - didn't see your comment above, freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Rose016 wrote: »
    Hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Something positive as RTE show has added to my life: Since the Katy fiasco became ridiculously dragged out, and Niamh's plan became ridiculously convulted and stupid; I no longer sit down to watch Fair city religiously! My addiction is gon, wahoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Strazdas wrote: »
    What is the point of the note if it doesn't lead to Katy's release? It would be the ultimate cop out to feature it so heavily in episode after episode and then she is freed for some other reason.

That feckin note should be in the credits at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

If the market is worth 1.5 million why did he sell all his other businesses when he only lost 800,000?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

And where did this market come from???!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement