Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

The three best all time dramatic actors in FC

'The Bell'

'Leo's Hands'

'The Note'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

And where did this market come from???!!!

It was the factory building that Luke Dillon got burned to death in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »
    jos28 wrote: »

They're taking a huge amount of flak over Katy and the note and quite rightly too. You cannot just introduce this (the note) into the storyline, feature it night after night after night and yet with no conclusion ie. someone picking it up and reading the thing. It's almost as if they are trying to infuriate the audience and make them switch off.

If it ends up that Katy is freed and not because of the note, they can sod off.....that would be beyond ridiculous.

It's just another "let's add on this to prolong the story " mechanism.
    It's literally a plot version of "he said that she said that yer man said that Joe in the chipper said that last Thursday Father Malachy announced in his cermon that there was a rumour down at Bingo that someone said that their brother told them in confidence....etc etc....."

I've figured it out
    45 writers.
    Each one has to have their own little mini plot within the plot.

I remember we all laughed that it would be the standard 3 months before she got out....then we laughed thar it will be the Anniversary date, then Halloween, then Christmas, New year, Valentines Day.

Seriously.

And where did this market come from???!!!

It was the factory building that Luke Dillon got burned to death in

So it is a Blackie Market then......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The note is applying for an Equity card next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Heather read the note tough and somebody else reads it!

It's Ciaran and to punish Katy he looks her in the dark and takes away her stuff.

Please tell me you are taking the p1$$

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

When are Niamh and the American getting together? She must be dying for a ride at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

fin12 wrote:
    When are Niamh and the American getting together? She must be dying for a ride at this stage.

I'd love it if Paul finds out and he comes up with a PLAN to ruin Niamh and then divorce her. Get another year out of that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Cazale wrote: »
    I'd love it if Paul finds out and he comes up with a PLAN to ruin Niamh and then divorce her. Get another year out of that easy.

That would be hilarious and then he could bring other residendents in on da plan 2 against Niamh

Actually I think that would be Plan 3, cause Dermot is behind Plan 2.

• Advertisement

I'd take a bunnion story at this stage to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jos28 wrote: »
    Please tell me you are taking the p1$$

I'm not!

My theory is they could drag it out until May and when they do find her. Rose will probably have her forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I'm watching over a year now and I never knew that Leo was Deans father. There is a big disconnect between the supposedly related characters compared to the English soaps. I forget at times that Niamh is related to Cass and Sean or that Jackie is Doug's mother. Maybe it's to do with the staff rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

The writers are clearly shockingly inept at gauging viewers' opinions on the stories. A good writer would know that to prolong a plot like this KT nonsense that long would frustrate viewers. It is simple First Step writing class lesson. Pace your story. Beginning, middle, end. You learn it for your Junior Cert essays.

Sorry, but the more I think of it, on a serious note (which I rarely venture into on this thread), the writers really are awful. I mean terrible. And this isn't me being sensationalist. And reading the comments on that link it seems most viewers agree.

I couldn't agree more. I keep thinking of the Emperor's New Clothes..... Someone in authority in Donnybrook must be encouraging this ghastly drivel.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Maybe he will end up killing Katy? I actually wouldn't mind that, then you have the body disposal, cleaning up any evidence of her captivity and of course we could move on from this seriously dragged out storyline.

I had to laugh when Robbie warned Marcus away from Niamh "You don't know what shes capable of". Dean said similar to Hayley a few weeks ago "Oh don't cross Niamh she will eat you up".

What am I missing here people? Why the fear of Niamh? She is a pitiful pathetic excuse for a woman with such a low self esteem that she constantly runs back to the man who p!sses all over her time and time again. He has affairs, lies, puts family first over her and basically treats her like rubbish and she just puts up with it over and over again. She cant even get revenge on him without getting back with him. Its awful to watch her because she has no follow through at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Let's hope Fair city stays the way it is, this thread wouldn't be hilarious anymore without it.

Sherman just showing up in Bobs burgers because he knew that's where Troy deeney the superstar DJ would be .

I had too laugh at Bob's burgers "I'm gonna write too every TD in the land" and say what exactly ya big goon ? :rolleyes:

The three downling lads back together again, fisty cuff Dean playing the over protective brother , threatening you're man on the phone, SAP!

Dont get me started on those clowns Niamh and paulino and that American dweeb, does Niamh even still have her I.T company? She parades around all day like she owns the place , constantly bumping in that numpty Hughie , who has completely forgotten he brought the pod Lol ! Having there secret conversations :rolleyes:

Elle being dumped on other families, having sleepovers on school nights, they were all fighting over her a few weeks ago, fighting for custody and now they can't get rid of her fast enough!

Maybe he will end up killing Katy? .

Naa the end will involve a siege and KT going to visit Rachel in Barcelona indefinitely a couple of weeks later

So is Ciaran still meant to be working at Molloys garage or is he just self-employed at his own workshop now ?

So is Ciaran still meant to be working at Molloys garage or is he just self-employed at his own workshop now ?

Before he was revealed as the kidnapper there were tonnes of scenes of him in the garage with Ray and Doug, having lunch with them, fixing cars, talking to Alannah outside the garage etc. Now that we know its him, there hasn't been one single scene of him working in the garage or having lunch with the lads.

Its almost as if he doesn't work anymore, bar the odd engine job in his lock-up which, despite being a good distance away, is close enough for various characters to just happen across for a chat. And its not as if he doesn't need the cash. He has a girlfriend with whom he goes away for trips across the country with every few weeks, a baby on the way, a 3 bedroom house of which he is the sole rent payer. Hes also taking on a 12 yr old girl, her special needs mother, constant visitors to the house who use even more electricity and on top of that he has another hostage for whom he has to buy food, clothes, toiletries and blankets/writing materials for on a regular basis.

He must be repairing Ferraris!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm not!

My theory is they could drag it out until May and when they do find her. Rose will probably have her forgotten!

Ah FFS !! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Heather read the note tough and somebody else reads it!

It's Ciaran and to punish Katy he looks her in the dark and takes away her stuff.

Well that was utterly predictable...
    So about 20 people are living in that house and the only person who reads the note is Ciaran, meaning she isn't freed because of the note. They can sod off right there, are we supposed to have another six months of this? It's as if they're on a mission to make people lose interest and switch off, they're certainly doing nothing to build suspense

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shellybelle

I predict Niamh will somehow acquire all of Don Paulio's property portfolio (apparently from the €400,000 she got from Dermo and THE PLAN) and then he can divorce her and get half of it back in the divorce settlement.

LoveHate and MeDaaaaaa's child will be in college before KT gets out.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Eventually the note makes it's way to the toilet paperless bathroom floor, Bob considers his options, red faced he grabs the sos note. Ironically we all say well that was shxte, THE END.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Marcus's suits are terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I hear there's a queue from the Phoenix Park to the Pod to get a room. FFS, Hughie. Get a move on. You bought the place with a nod and a wink. Surely another nod and a wink now to actually run it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

I'm getting sick and tired of looking at Niamh with her constant hair flicking, eye throwing, half looking over her shoulder, talking out the corner of her mouth to Kewey, false smiles etc etc. If she's not careful, she's going to end up permanently like that :rolleyes:

And with all her money, why the hell doesn't she buy herself some decent clothes instead of that manky coat she wears ALL the time. Jane should bring her on a shopping trip and show her whats what :)

maurv1 wrote: »
    I'm getting sick and tired of looking at Niamh with her constant hair flicking, eye throwing, half looking over her shoulder, talking out the corner of her mouth to Kewey, false smiles etc etc. If she's not careful, she's going to end up permanently like that :rolleyes:

And with all her money, why the hell doesn't she buy herself some decent clothes instead of that manky coat she wears ALL the time. Jane should bring her on a shopping trip and show her whats what :)

Why doesn't she just leave Paul like she said she would a million times?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Marcus sounds like Elmer fudd to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

maurv1 wrote: »

I think the 'writers' (:pac:) think they've turned Niamh into a femme fatale, they're trying to portray her as a strong, confident sexy woman, hence the sly looks, the narrowed eyes, the pouting lips.
    Instead she's become pathethic, clip clopping around the place in that bl**dy coat, which must stink by now. And does she wear the fupping heels in bed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

its whatever you want it to be - sure even the 40 odd writers cant decide and make it up as they go along...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement