Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Coming soon to your TV screen :

THE NOTE"

copyright RTÉ MMXVII *

Based on a true story, '' The Note'' is the harrowing story of an entirely innocent scrap of paper, ignored, harassed and cruelly binned on many occasions by those with whom it comes into contact.
    The program follows the misery and loneliness of this hapless piece of handwriting as it makes it's way through the many hands of an uncaring and arrogant Carrigstown community.
    At first, the eponymous note puts its trust in people on whom it believed it could depend, only to be rebuffed and cruelly tossed aside. Even, on one occasion, suffering the indignity of being used as scribbling paper by an apparently mad, homicidal sunstroke victim.
    Finally, despite its many frustrating attempts to be read and understood by friendly and sympathetic eyes, it ends up in the possession of the meanest, vilest and most heartless character of all.

At the grand launch in Montrose today, an RTÉ spokesman said,
    "This is a unique, must-see special from your national broadcaster. It will prove to be an unprecedented, emotional roller-coaster which will leave viewers on the edge of their seats, laughing, crying, and perhaps even in some cases, banging their heads off walls and tearing their hair out.
    For those viewers who reach the edge of reason and are in deep despair watching the programme, the Helpline numbers will be shown at the bottom of the screen.
    On behalf of the series producer, Dick Head, thank you and goodnight .......""

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Nice Bobby charlton on the yank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Very funny coolhull! Theres a lot of talent in this thread. I'm sure between us we could write a decent script or two. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,268 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

but seriously .. who names their son Troy anyways ... unless they are smoking weed at the time ...

Maybe he was conceived on a Wooden Horse! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Troys R Us ! ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Very funny coolhull! Theres a lot of talent in this thread. I'm sure between us we could write a decent script or two. ;)

It would be gas to see a film parody of FC based on the posts on here. I'd pay to see it! .. It would win a Oscar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Apart from selling the garage and other stuff, I'm still trying to figure out why Paul has to sell the Marketplace, can anyone tell me.?

Neimh and Paul are getting too much FC time and it looks like it's going to continue. :(

I reckon Paul has far more money in the bank now than before Dermot / Niamh fleeced him. He has just sold the Pod, the Garage and the Marketplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Its been wrecking my head, where I recognise Marcus the yank from and it finally dawned on me this morning

Father Buzz Cagney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctl8NriEXtw

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »
    I reckon Paul has far more money in the bank now than before Dermot / Niamh fleeced him. He has just sold the Pod, the Garage and the Marketplace.

Yeh, but just wait till "next" Valentine's Day...he's fooked!

Patience, people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

bazermc wrote: »
    Its been wrecking my head, where I recognise Marcus the yank from and it finally dawned on me this morning

Father Buzz Cagney

ha, is that really him??!

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »

Father Buzz Cagney

No, this is him. Sure I only posted it a week ago! What am I like!

He was in Vikings, if you watch that? Playing a French guy, though.

He hasn't much credentials at all, unsurprisingly, looking at his CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Writing an episode of Fair City!

640-02655868em-people-crowded-around-a-computer-stock-photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

I consider myself an intelligent and numerate person. I have tried faithfully to follow "the plan" and mentally get the numbers right in my mind but there is nothing sensible about FC treatment of financial issues. No logic, no sense and nothing adding up. It's pathetic.

threetrees wrote: »
    I consider myself an intelligent and numerate person. I have tried faithfully to follow "the plan" and mentally get the numbers right in my mind but there is nothing sensible about FC treatment of financial issues. No logic, no sense and nothing adding up. It's pathetic.

I think they anticipate if they throw the odd word from the Financial Times in, that viewers will be impressed and will assume they know what they are talking about.

Why is Niamh still with Paul FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

She's waiting for Ramadan to leave him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

She has everything she wants now. As she said a billion times before Christmas, she wanted to ruin Paul, take his money and start afresh. So now she has her money, Paul is ruined and Oisin has been driven away, what is she waiting for? She also said a few times that she would leave him on Valentines Day and yet here it is, nearly end of March, and no sign of her leaving. I'm just baffled as to why shes hanging around when she could be on a beach somewhere starting a new life and meeting new people. She has no tied to Paul whatsoever, so why doesn't she leave???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Did she ever get to pocket any of the money herself? (I gave up watching but see it every few weeks and story seems to be the same all over again).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Bursary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Sparko wrote: »
    Bursary

speakeasy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

She has everything she wants now. As she said a billion times before Christmas, she wanted to ruin Paul, take his money and start afresh. So now she has her money, Paul is ruined and Oisin has been driven away, what is she waiting for? She also said a few times that she would leave him on Valentines Day and yet here it is, nearly end of March, and no sign of her leaving. I'm just baffled as to why shes hanging around when she could be on a beach somewhere starting a new life and meeting new people. She has no tied to Paul whatsoever, so why doesn't she leave???

Answer : the scriptwriters never intended to split Paul and Niamh up. The Plan was just some insane nonsense designed to give the show 6-8 months of storylines. I guess they reckoned the Paul - Niamh saga needed a bit of jazzing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

'the Note' is being written out :)

I'll get my coat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I do my best to pay attention to Fair City. Just one question tough did Hughie buy The Pod a few weeks ago? I'm certain he did and just find it strange he never mentions it!

Hitchens wrote: »
    'the Note' is being written out :)

I'll get my coat :o

No, take that coat off! You can stay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I think they need to bring the current storylines to a head soon as they are tedious and too sprawling at this stage. The Katy story especially the recent part with the note is too drawn out. We all know that Heather will eventually recover and remember about Ciaran holding Katie. She will tell Farrah and Farrah will not believe her and will fall out with her because she will think she is trying to split her and Ciaran up. Then Farrah will get suspicious of Ciaran, follow him and then she finds out what Heather said is true. Then, there will be a major showdown/rescue situation where someone most likely Ciaran dies.

Regarding our other storyline it is harder to predict. It started off as 2 storylines: Dermot fainting, then getting a terminal illness diagnosis and Paul having an affair with a much younger woman. Then it moved to Dermot and Niamh hatching a plot to steal Paul's money for Dermot to look after his children and for Niamh to get revenge on Paul. Dermot's cover was he was handling a business venture that Oisin wanted to set up. Along the way, others inclusive of Charlotte, Callum, Jane and Robbie were introduced to varying degrees of depth to the story. Dermot fled the county after Paul finds out he is broke and was fleeced. Now, Paul is selling things off to Hughie, Carol and this American friend of Robbie. If things backfire on the smug and devious Niamh, I guess the end game of this story will be worth the tedious wait!!

I think they need to bring the current storylines to a head soon as they are tedious and too sprawling at this stage. The Katy story especially the recent part with the note is too drawn out. We all know that Heather will eventually recover and remember about Ciaran holding Katie. She will tell Farrah and Farrah will not believe her and will fall out with her because she will think she is trying to split her and Ciaran up. Then Farrah will get suspicious of Ciaran, follow him and then she finds out what Heather said is true. Then, there will be a major showdown/rescue situation where someone most likely Ciaran dies.

Regarding our other storyline it is harder to predict. It started off as 2 storylines: Dermot fainting, then getting a terminal illness diagnosis and Paul having an affair with a much younger woman. Then it moved to Dermot and Niamh hatching a plot to steal Paul's money for Dermot to look after his children and for Niamh to get revenge on Paul. Dermot's cover was he was handling a business venture that Oisin wanted to set up. Along the way, others inclusive of Charlotte, Callum, Jane and Robbie were introduced to varying degrees of depth to the story. Dermot fled the county after Paul finds out he is broke and was fleeced. Now, Paul is selling things off to Hughie, Carol and this American friend of Robbie. If things backfire on the smug and devious Niamh, I guess the end game of this story will be worth the tedious wait!!

You may just have a point there.............

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

You may just have a point there.............

Thanks for the laugh there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why does header look like she spent too much time on the sun bed? Reminds me of the only fools when Del Boy turns off the timer on Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It is very drawn out what Niamh is at but I would hope that all she is at backfires on her as she has become a horrible person. Robbie is the latest who is getting sick of her carry on and let's hope Robbie and the American set her up for a spectacular fall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement