Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JC43 wrote: »
    Who is the girl emmet met putting out the chairs for the meeting - wonder is it Ciaran's sister

He slept with her while he was with Farrah and then love hate told and she dumped him....and immediately got with love hate.

So I guess you could say ,she dumped one dweeb too go out with another one :D :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does anyone think Emmet will go off with Eoghan's new bird his boss

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does anyone think Emmet will go off with Eoghan's new bird his boss

I was thinking that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

JC43 wrote: »
    Who is the girl emmet met putting out the chairs for the meeting - wonder is it Ciaran's sister

That was my first thought as well but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Juicyfruit wrote: »
    My god. I've never been more infuriated by a program in my life.

How are they getting away with this absolute horse sh1t.

I've just turned it off after Ciaran found the note that not one other person has seen while it's been floating around the house for days.

I will not be watching again and quite frankly at this stage I don't really care what happens with either of the stupidly drawn out storylines that they have going.

So ridiculous.

They're in serious danger of flogging the storyline to death and driving the audience to switch off.

They introduce the note, tantalise the viewers with it episode after episode and then Ciaran finds it after a couple of weeks and we are right back to square one, meaning the plot hasn't moved on one bit. This is not how you pace a storyline like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strazdas wrote: »
    They're in serious danger of flogging the storyline to death and driving the audience to switch off.

They introduce the note, tantalise the viewers with it episode after episode and then Ciaran finds it after a couple of weeks and we are right back to square one, meaning the plot hasn't moved on one bit. This is not how you pace a storyline like this.

All we can hope is since he's angry with Katy he'll slip up now!(but I wouldn't be too confident!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

That point was passed about 4 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Did Kerri Anne not meet Troy before?? She did live in Leo's house. If she never met him in person, are we to believe she never saw family photo or a photo of Troy... or something ?

please end Katy storyline is gone stupid now, along with the so called plan

What is Niamh still with Paul what is there left to do

And why would I be interested in watching Emmet the man child storyline

Heather is gas though

• Registered Users Posts: 56,425 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What is Niamh still with Paul what is there left to do

Loads left I'd imagine. Jocks, socks, t-shirts, jackets, everything in the fridge, his dvd collection etc etc. Niamh is a bad ass! This ain't over by a long shot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Did Kerri Anne not meet Troy before?? She did live in Leo's house. If she never met him in person, are we to believe she never saw family photo or a photo of Troy... or something ?
    She probably saw photos alright...of the old Troy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

threetrees wrote: »
    She probably saw photos alright...of the old Troy!

It actually is the same same Troy to be fair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Carry Anne is not the type to go snooping in Leo's longjohns drawer I'd imagine.

mloc123 wrote: »
    That point was passed about 4 months ago

I would agree. I'm all for playing the long game with a storyline rather than rushing through it, but virtually nothing has happened since we discovered Katy was being held prisoner by Ciaran (back in early September I think).

The note thing was a huge mistake, giving viewers the impression the plot was about to come to a head, until we discover it is yet another red herring and nothing has actually happened. They're not building tension at all, just annoying the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Does Ciaran ever sit normally? He's either sitting on the floor or perched on the arm of a sofa! :)

Hitchens wrote: »
    Does Ciaran ever sit normally? He's either sitting on the floor or perched on the arm of a sofa! :)

We did see him sitting down looking at his tablet when he was revealed as the kidnapper!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ah I didn't realise it was the same Troy. Unusual for FC!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Teasing out a storyline with a false ending does have its place in soap, but only if its done well. FC have made so many of them with this KT story that literally nobody cares anymore. If he killed her now id be delighted as at least we wouldn't have to put up with it anymore but so far we have had:

1. Countless people in the lock up who didn't cop Ciarans jittery manner or notice anything odd around the place
    2. Katy released then imprisoned again same day
    3. A plan to release her all over December and January that came to NOTHING
    4.Heather sees her then has a brain injury same day
    5. Heather cant remember
    6. The Note which came to nothing too.

Its extremely boring now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they keep her there until the Summer.

Teasing out a storyline with a false ending does have its place in soap, but only if its done well. FC have made so many of them with this KT story that literally nobody cares anymore. If he killed her now id be delighted as at least we wouldn't have to put up with it anymore but so far we have had:

1. Countless people in the lock up who didn't cop Ciarans jittery manner or notice anything odd around the place
    2. Katy released then imprisoned again same day
    3. A plan to release her all over December and January that came to NOTHING
    4.Heather sees her then has a brain injury same day
    5. Heather cant remember
    6. The Note which came to nothing too.

Its extremely boring now, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they keep her there until the Summer.

The 'almost release' and note would be fine if they had happened much earlier in the storyline and it had come to a conclusion shortly afterwards ie. within 3-4 weeks. Stretching this saga out to six or seven months where nothing is actually happening and we just see Ciaran visiting her in the cell every day is nuts. I don't think the plot has moved on one jot since the day we discovered he was the kidnapper.

What would really be bringing tension to the plot is if one person (Bob maybe) was deeply suspicious of Ciaran and was watching him like a hawk, but instead the entire population of Carrigstown seem oblivious to the fact they have a psychopath in their midst : that is what is angering the viewers, Ciaran going about his business and nobody even suspicious of him and no sign the storyline is going anywhere.

In my opinion the worst part of the plot is the fact that NOT ONE PERSON in almost a year, (not even the Garda investigating the disappearance whilst dating him), (not even the family of the girl he (a bloody stranger) suddenly became obsessed with helping), and (not even the soon to be mother of his child who knows nothing about him), has suspected a person who fits the PERFECT PROFILE OF THE PRIME SUSPECT IN THE SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCE OF A YOUNG GIRL

• Advertisement

The 'almost release' and note would be fine if they had happened much earlier in the storyline and it had come to a conclusion shortly afterwards ie. within 3-4 weeks. Stretching this saga out to six or seven months where nothing is actually happening and we just see Ciaran visiting her in the cell every day is nuts. I don't think the plot has moved on one jot since the day we discovered he was the kidnapper.

What would really be bringing tension to the plot is if one person (Bob maybe) was deeply suspicious of Ciaran and was watching him like a hawk, but instead the entire population of Carrigstown seem oblivious to the fact they have a psychopath in their midst : that is what is angering the viewers, Ciaran going about his business and nobody even suspicious of him and no sign the storyline is going anywhere.

Plus the fact that all this nonsense about the Note, Heather conveniently not remembering anything and Ciarans endless waffle about needing to "think about a plan" to let her go means all the earlier criticism of the story from last September to November has been pushed aside, despite it being very valid i.e. how come nobody in the Gaurds made the connection with Ciaran being a new and overly friendly guy in town who suddenly aligns himself with the O Briens wanting to help everyone? His dozy girlfriend Alannah not asking him a single question about himself. The Garda investigation seems to also have pushed this under the carpet. Its basic Investigation 101 to draw up a tree of old and new acquaintances of the O Briens, that would have thrown up Ciaran as a red flag and if they are lucky they might have found a pic of Emmet and Ciarans sister- case closed!

Even the O Briens didn't see what was happening when he got weird with Emmet and started fighting with him, massive oversight there. Then you have the fact that he was holding down a full time job plus feeding a clothing and providing books and dvds for a hostage. And not once did anyone think to question all these extra clothes being washed or food being bought. If there had been 2 people involved that would have been much easier to swallow but now they are stuck. They NEED to end this but have to do it in a realistic way. The KT story will need to be covered by the news, the O Briens have to realise how weak the Garda investigation was, KT needs to suffer post traumatic stress and there may even be a trial. Its a lot to plan for and I don't think the writers are up for it.

In my opinion the worst part of the plot is the fact that NOT ONE PERSON in almost a year, (not even the Garda investigating the disappearance whilst dating him), (not even the family of the girl he (a bloody stranger) suddenly became obsessed with helping), and (not even the soon to be mother of his child who knows nothing about him), has suspected a person who fits the PERFECT PROFILE OF THE PRIME SUSPECT IN THE SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCE OF A YOUNG GIRL

Yeah I mentioned that just now in my post. There is a long list of absolutely stupid people with zero common sense that allowed this to happen. NONE of the O Briens questioned who this guy was that Emmet suddenly moved in with, is offering to put up posters of Katy despite not knowing her and generally being in the house every single day with a creepy grin on his face. The Guards didn't put up a wall or tree of old and new people in their lives. BOTH his girlfriends just accept that he has massive unstable mood swings, is always "heading out for work stuff" with a bag on his back and only blinks once every month. He has a wild look about him and they just shrug their shoulders and get on with life.
    Its maddening, you want to kick the tv in. I guarantee it will be a brain damaged Heather that cracks this case, the rest of em are too fcuking clueless to get it. And The Note??? Nobody had a quick read of it, nobody bothered to look at it despite Heathers obsession with it then the only person who does read it is Psycho Boy.

The terrible thing is when it does come out we'll have to deal with how shocked they all were about it.

Plus the fact that all this nonsense about the Note, Heather conveniently not remembering anything and Ciarans endless waffle about needing to "think about a plan" to let her go means all the earlier criticism of the story from last September to November has been pushed aside, despite it being very valid i.e. how come nobody in the Gaurds made the connection with Ciaran being a new and overly friendly guy in town who suddenly aligns himself with the O Briens wanting to help everyone? His dozy girlfriend Alannah not asking him a single question about himself. The Garda investigation seems to also have pushed this under the carpet. Its basic Investigation 101 to draw up a tree of old and new acquaintances of the O Briens, that would have thrown up Ciaran as a red flag and if they are lucky they might have found a pic of Emmet and Ciarans sister- case closed!

Even the O Briens didn't see what was happening when he got weird with Emmet and started fighting with him, massive oversight there. Then you have the fact that he was holding down a full time job plus feeding a clothing and providing books and dvds for a hostage. And not once did anyone think to question all these extra clothes being washed or food being bought. If there had been 2 people involved that would have been much easier to swallow but now they are stuck. They NEED to end this but have to do it in a realistic way. The KT story will need to be covered by the news, the O Briens have to realise how weak the Garda investigation was, KT needs to suffer post traumatic stress and there may even be a trial. Its a lot to plan for and I don't think the writers are up for it.

In real life, it would be virtually impossible for someone like Ciaran to keep a girl hostage for a year in a location other than where he lives and not get caught. He would make a mistake somewhere or people would become suspicious of him and start watching him. All it would be take would be one person going to the Guards and saying "That Ciaran guy, have you checked him out properly re. Katy's disappearance? He's acting oddly".

The main problem with the storyline is that they have dragged it out way too long and virtually nothing has actually happened in the last six months. They have practically killed any sense of drama or tension attached to it.

The terrible thing is when it does come out we'll have to deal with how shocked they all were about it.

Garda: "Oh, my god, I sh*gged him in that garage, he never seemed any way suspicious apart from being on edge all the time, going missing regularly and carrying a fking backpack around with him always.
    And to think a stranger who noone knows anything about and has just turned up became obsessed about helping the family of the missing girl could have anything to do with such a heinous crime, well I never"

Meeeeeeeee Daaaaaaaaaaa : "How, why? all he ever done was be there for Header, not only after she was sick but also when she suddenly fell off a balcony when he pushed her. He was such a gent. Always calming down when she brought up topics like "girls locked in a room" or screaming about a "note"
    He was always on edge, always helping us, always doing womens laundry and making sandwiches and going missing. How could we know. And you would think you might have heard about his past, the sister and all. I mean we never asked him anything about himself as everyone knows The Phelans are not a nosey family but you know, you would think he would tell us"

The Ripeys: Fk, it God know what they will say but by jesus it will be ridiculous.

Renee: "It is an awful shock, isn't it Bob" (Bob, crouching behind her whispers :"an awful shock Renee, an awful shock")
    Rennee: "I mean he would come into the shop every month for the tampons and he would be all chat, always asking what magazines a girl might like or what toiletries they need. We wouldn't have guessed, would we Bob"
    Bob (still crouching behind her): "Never would have guessed, Rennnee, never would have guessed"

In real life, it would be virtually impossible for someone like Ciaran to keep a girl hostage for a year in a location other than where he lives and not get caught. He would make a mistake somewhere or people would become suspicious of him and start watching him. All it would be take would be one person going to the Guards and saying "That Ciaran guy, have you checked him out properly re. Katy's disappearance? He's acting oddly".

The main problem with the storyline is that they have dragged it out way too long and virtually nothing has actually happened in the last six months. They have practically killed any sense of drama or tension attached to it.

And they still have a very long road to go, what with all the media coverage, after effects, Katy needing therapy and by some miracle if it doesn't end in a siege, then a trial as well. I can also see Katy defending him if it does come to a siege, she will probably take a bullet for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't think that's the last we'll see of the note, he just flung it across the workshop, it will probably blow out of the workshop and end up in the grounds of the Balintine or the park, it will be somewhere in Carigstown...... And after KT is released and Heather is back to normal she'll be writing a book about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

I don't think that's the last we'll see of the note, he just flung it across the workshop, it will probably blow out of the workshop and end up in the grounds of the Balintine or the park, it will be somewhere in Carigstown...... And after KT is released and Heather is back to normal she'll be writing a book about it.

It'd be amazing if the note just kept floating by, slightly out of focus in the background of all outdoor scenes for the next 6-9 months of the kidnapping plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it :eek::o I need Specsavers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I'm sure there will be some great episodes coming up when the Paul and Katy stories reach their climax but it will be dragged out for eternity before this. When the endgame comes with the Katy situation, it will be Heather informing Farrah who initially does not believe (we are seeing this already beginning) and then Farrah getting suspicious. The conclusion will be Emmett and/or Eoghan and Ciaran in a fight or with Ciaran perhaps committing suicide as he is surounded by the O'Briens, Farrah and Heather. He could initially threaten to kill Katy and then he could have a total breakdown and kill himself. Something like this will happen. With the Paul/Niamh thing I feel Paul will come out on top and he will eventually get back with Niamh.

The stories lined up to replace the above are poor even nonexistent. Christiano and Troy's relationship? That seems to be the only one outside of the entire Brennan or O'Brien/Phelan ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement