Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I'm still utterly confused by where pauls money went, I don't even remember dermot giving it to niamh
    She's still with him but half the town knows she was behind him getting left somewhat broke

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'm sure there will be some great episodes coming up when the Paul and Katy stories reach their climax but it will be dragged out for eternity before this. When the endgame comes with the Katy situation, it will be Heather informing Farrah who initially does not believe (we are seeing this already beginning) and then Farrah getting suspicious. The conclusion will be Emmett and/or Eoghan and Ciaran in a fight or with Ciaran perhaps committing suicide as he is surounded by the O'Briens, Farrah and Heather. He could initially threaten to kill Katy and then he could have a total breakdown and kill himself. Something like this will happen. With the Paul/Niamh thing I feel Paul will come out on top and he will eventually get back with Niamh.

The stories lined up to replace the above are poor even nonexistent. Christiano and Troy's relationship? That seems to be the only one outside of the entire Brennan or O'Brien/Phelan ones.

I would agree that Ciaran will die. A living version of him would be of no use to the show. He would be notorious and then there would be the big wait for a high profile trial.

I wonder how on earth they will deal with the aftermath of the Katy kidnapping though. This would be a massive event that would impact on the O'Briens for months or years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A lot will like this spoiler. Nothing major by the way. No end in site for the plan or Katy yet.

28/03/2017
    Niamh and Callum are dismayed as Oisin plots to win over Charlotte and Paul, and a small disagreement between Decco and Kerri-Ann threatens to escalate into a serious dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭penno

1. Niamh
    2 Hughie
    3. Carol
    4. Robbie
    5. Haley
    6. Dermot
    7 Jane
    8 Ben
    9. Callum
    10. Waynne
    11. Orla
    12 Marcus
    13. Doloris
    14. Peat
    Anyone left who doesn't know or hasn't helped themselves?

penno wrote: »
    1. Niamh
    2 Hughie
    3. Carol
    4. Robbie
    5. Haley
    6. Dermot
    7 Jane
    8 Ben
    9. Callum
    10. Waynne
    11. Orla
    12 Marcus
    13. Doloris
    14. Peat

Junior was a great little man for finding the money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A lot will like this spoiler. Nothing major by the way. No end in site for the plan or Katy yet.

28/03/2017
    Niamh and Callum are dismayed as Oisin plots to win over Charlotte and Paul, and a small disagreement between Decco and Kerri-Ann threatens to escalate into a serious dispute.
    ^^^ Nooooo not that character returning again...

To thine own self be true

^^^ Nooooo not that character returning again...

And once we see them
    Nicola probably won't be far behind.

penno wrote: »
    1. Niamh
    2 Hughie
    3. Carol
    4. Robbie
    5. Haley
    6. Dermot
    7 Jane
    8 Ben
    9. Callum
    10. Waynne
    11. Orla
    12 Marcus
    13. Doloris
    14. Peat

We're supposed to believe that Paul is so hated in Carrigstown that not one person would tell him that his wife was the one behind the theft of his money. In reality, he would have found out about it five minutes after it happened : he must know hundreds of people in the locality and rumours that his missus was up to something would work their way back to him rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I would love if at least one character gavea big "I knew it" when LH finally is revealed. And we all know there wont be a trial he's either brown bread or straight to jail never to be seen again and KT will be back doing projects like it never happened. Not even a book deal or tv interview

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Strazdas wrote: »
    We're supposed to believe that Paul is so hated in Carrigstown that not one person would tell him that his wife was the one behind the theft of his money. In reality, he would have found out about it five minutes after it happened : he must know hundreds of people in the locality and rumours that his missus was up to something would work their way back to him rapidly.

...but they don't even know that Esther is dead yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I'm sure there will be some great episodes coming up when the Paul and Katy stories reach their climax.

Lets not get carried away :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it :eek::o I need Specsavers

Yep!

Ha, The Artist Formerly Known as The Don has a new job!

C7XTuk5XwAEl06C.jpg

Ha, The Artist Formerly Known as The Don has a new job!

C7XTuk5XwAEl06C.jpg

Pathetic writing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'm still utterly confused by where pauls money went

Join the club....

He sold the garage to Wayne for €230,000
    the yank bought another business for nearly €1 million
    His wife, fronted by Hayley bough his stake in the cab business
    He sold The Pod business to Hughie (who has never set foot in it since)

Shur that's nearly €2 Million (or more?)

I thought it was only €800,000 robbed off him in the first place??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

The sums definitely don't add up. Was he paying all his loans back with money from his bank account ? What about the rental income from all those businesses ? Were all his businesses not-for-profit organisations ?
    I DEMAND that a FC writer be brought onto a public forum somewhere to make sense of it all. I know that all soaps/dramas/movies have plot holes but viewers usually overlook them if the end product is credible but where is there any trace of credibility in this appalling writing.
    Plotholes - FC has giant sized craters !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

So what does Paul actually work at or do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Has Paul not checked his bank balance in four months?

anna080 wrote: »
    Has Paul not checked his bank balance in four months?

nope I check mine every 5 minutes lol to see if my 200 euro is still there, hence waiting for virgin media to deducted 50 for my bill :D

jos28 wrote: »
    The sums definitely don't add up. Was he paying all his loans back with money from his bank account ? What about the rental income from all those businesses ? Were all his businesses not-for-profit organisations ?
    I DEMAND that a FC writer be brought onto a public forum somewhere to make sense of it all. I know that all soaps/dramas/movies have plot holes but viewers usually overlook them if the end product is credible but where is there any trace of credibility in this appalling writing.
    Plotholes - FC has giant sized craters !!

Yes, the plot is crazy in fact. He had about €800k in the bank that was simply lying there and doing nothing. The fact that the €800k was stolen shouldn't really make that much difference to the running of his businesses. It would be the equivalent of you having your car stolen but still being in a very well paid job and not owing money to anyone. Selling three profit making businesses so that he can put money back into his bank account makes no sense whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Wow, that petition is gathering momentum! Only 2 days after it was put up, almost 2,500 signings!

2,348 supporters
    152 needed to reach 2,500

https://www.change.org/p/fair-city-writers-or-r-t-e-fair-city-needs-to-end-the-katy-story-line-asap?source_location=minibar

Should have been put up 5 months ago. Genuinely, think that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The petition to end the Katy story has almost 2,500 signatures!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Wow, that petition is gathering momentum! Only 2 days after it was put up, almost 2,500 signings!

2,348 supporters 152 needed to reach 2,500

Cazale wrote:
    The petition to end the Katy story has almost 2,500 signatures!

Great minds...

PS, that was me who masqueraded as KT on the first comment!

2,348 supporters
    152 needed to reach 2,500

https://www.change.org/p/fair-city-writers-or-r-t-e-fair-city-needs-to-end-the-katy-story-line-asap?source_location=minibar

Should have been put up 5 months ago. Genuinely, think that!

Last night my petition only had around 250 signatures. It really took off this morning. Thanks to everybody that signed it!

Last night my petition only had around 250 signatures. It really took off this morning. Thanks to everybody that signed it!

Is that you!!?? You never know, you could be on the Late Late Show or honoured for a Person of The Year Award soon!

May 15th is when KT went missing first so, well, you can hazard a guess when this will be over.

Well done!!
    Is that you!!?? You never know, you could be on the Late Late Show or honoured for a Person of The Year Award soon!

May 15th is when KT went missing first so, well, you can hazard a guess when this will be over.

I know what date I'm giving up Fair City, so!

I might qualify for Dancing with the stars next year and people can commenton how much they hate my personality! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why have Paul and Niamh gotten so much airtime this last year?? They have been on our screens every single night since last February when Oisin turned up, then the whole affair, then the Plan, and now....whatever you call this. They really need a 12 month break at this stage. It must be very frustrating for other, lesser-used members of FC to get only 2 weeks work a year and here these 2 clowns get massively overpaid and they cant even act.

On Sunday
    Oisin returns and starts to make amends with Paul
    . Yes! I'm delighted one of the most talented and funniest actors ever on FC is back ,long may he last.

Also next week:
    Dusty Springfield gets a job working for Cathal Spillane and Marcus tells Niamh its him or Paul. Oh Ooh, he better join the long queue of people who have been rejected by that pathetic cow while she slithers back to her hubby YET AGAIN. Yawn

• Advertisement

Paul and Niamh are the Larry Gogan and Dave Fanning of Fair City, no matter what happens to anyone else, they'll still be there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement