Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

this plan and the Katie kidnap would put years on you

will it all be sorted out by Christmas eve next year does anyone think. .

I don't think the FC script writers even know the answer to that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Does Paul ever check his accounts?

I've check my 365 on my iphone several times a day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

All the time. But just before he does one of the dozen or so characters in on the Plan presses ctrl z.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

No, he has an accountant for that. ;) oh!

I only check mine once a week to be sure me wages are there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

sligojoek wrote: »
    I was watching "Pat Shortts entertainment on the telly", the other night. It featured a clip from Killenascully with the Bally boys. It was bugging me for ages who one of then was. Then it hit me. It was Claaaaaaawr.

And one of the others was Dr. Brendan! He must be back from Brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

youwould wrote: »
    And one of the others was Dr. Brendan! He must be back from Brazil.
    ukin' hell. You're right. Joe Taylor in the middle. Good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Where was Doug Christmas day? His Ma/Jackie had Christmas dinner in the Gripy home with all those odd-balls, why would she go there?.. That's the last place anyone would want to be for Christmas..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Where was Doug Christmas day? His Ma/Jackie had Christmas dinner in the Gripy home with all those odd-balls, why would she go there?.. That's the last place anyone would want to be for Christmas..

Fair City script writers are drunks down an alley rolling dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Jackie had mentioned that Doug was away over Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

There must be someone in the UFC watching fair city cause the commentator stole the line "lit her up like a Christmas tree "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

nagdefy wrote: »
    Not so sure about Niamh and Pamela Ewing comparison.

Pam was a much more sincere character than Niamh. Her problems with Bobby were generally outside the couples control. Pam trying to fit in with the Ewings and JR's numerous schemes to get her to break up with Bobby. At times Pam had to choose between her father 'Digger' and the Ewing clan she married into. The dynamics were totally different.

Niamh started out as a seductress of an older man, Barry O'Hanlon, as a school girl. She had many men before Paul e.g. Barry again, Keith the mechanic, Leo Dowling. Paul and Niamh's relationship became troubled due to their affairs, Paul's mainly. Whereas Bobby and Pam parted at times due to external forces.

Sorry I meant Sue Ellen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Sorry I meant Sue Ellen

That's quite true. Maybe have Niamh turn to the drink to liven things up :D

We have no 'real' alcoholic in FC, bar Hughie. But really he's been sober 99% of the time going back to when he was on the show in the 90s.

Emmet is more of the young lad waster going through the usual drinking spell. No person like Sue Ellen hiding bottles all over the place, crashing her car etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Happy New Year fellow FC boardies. Love it, hate it or watch it purely because it's comedy gold, shur doesn't it give us all something to talk about?! Long may that continue for 2017 and many more years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

At least in Carrigstown you've always the chance of having a boyfriend/girlfriend. Alone again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Jimmy Doyle from FC in New York now on NYE rte programme. He's looking well, managing a restaurant. It's called The Bistro..Only messing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

nagdefy wrote: »
    Jimmy Doyle from FC in New York now on NYE rte programme. He's looking well, managing a restaurant. It's called The Bistro..Only messing :D

His accent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

clairek6 wrote: »
    His accent!!!

It changed so much from the beginning to the end of the interview! Pure Dub again by the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

Omg he'd sicken you to listen to his accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I really fear now we've gotten past the 'big' episodes with Katy still locked up that they'll drag it out to the 1 year anniversary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Think it's time to pull a Bobby Ewing type shower scene out to get over the KT predicament, can't see any other way to get over this hurdle and get us all back on track. It's gone way beyond the point of no return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

My blood is boiling after the Stripey/Gripey meeting in Spar the other day. It's really the final straw - I can only conclude that FC purposely conceal how Irish family law works. I presume the excuse is they don't want to get into the political world by having stories where characters are unhappy with divorce legislation etc. The result however is we end up with ridiculous statememts like "maybe it's time we got a divorce" from a man who's only been separated a few months !!

Ironically it could be argued that FC glamorises marital breakdown.It has the most liberal divorce laws around and no mention of child or spousal maintenance giving us a glimpse of a most immoral and unIrish world !!

There is a saying that "Real life is stranger than fiction". It holds in the all four recent FC breakdowns - Debbie/Eoghan, Niamh/Paul, Judith/Tommy and Dermot/Jo. In every case believe me there should have been loads more drama. All we needed was a genuine appraisal of the situation and dilemmas each of the eight characters faced in modern Ireland- financial, emotional, social etc.

Bland bland bland FC . Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Think it's time to pull a Bobby Ewing type shower scene out to get over the KT predicament, can't see any other way to get over this hurdle and get us all back on track. It's gone way beyond the point of no return.

I think it's pretty obvious how it will end, there will be a siege in the workshop evolving other members of the O'Brien Family, Farrah, Tommy, Paul and a few other random cast members, Ciaran will be overpowered or breakdown, he will be taken away in a squad car by Deegan and a silent Garda, KT and the rest of the O'Briens will be down in Mccoys that night for some drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I think it's pretty obvious how it will end, there will be a siege in the workshop evolving other members of the O'Brien Family, Farrah, Tommy, Paul and a few other random cast members, Ciaran will be overpowered or breakdown, he will be taken away in a squad car by Deegan and a silent Garda, KT and the rest of the O'Briens will be down in Mccoys that night for some drinks.

The thing is..................you could put all your money on precisely that ending. A lot of grimaces from Emmet and Gripey.

Additional Features
    Gripey and Stripey reunite
    The Ram moves on to Heather
    GlenRose and Stripey become best friends
    3 months break for all involved.

I wonder will they turn KT's cell into a tourist attraction like Anne Frank's gaf.

Could be the latest project for the Brennan's to revive their fortunes after Binjummminnn gets hold of all their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

To the surprise of absolutely NOBODY:
    Ciaran tells Katy next week he is delaying letting her go as he is concentrating on Farrah.

FC writers, you should be sacked for this storyline now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

To the surprise of absolutely NOBODY:
    Ciaran tells Katy next week he is delaying letting her go as he is concentrating on Farrah.

FC writers, you should be sacked for this storyline now.

I've a funny feeling....
    ....Farrah is the one who discovers his secret or even ends up in the cell with Katy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    I've a funny feeling....
    ....Farrah is the one who discovers his secret or even ends up in the cell with Katy

That's possible but its also possible they really will drag this out for a year, its only another few months until May, why not just keep her in there until then, at which point they can....consider letting her go, but not until Xmas 2017. I cannot think of another single soap storyline that was so utterly ruined by being dragged out this long.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I've a funny feeling....

I think thats a given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

spar.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement