Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ha, The Artist Formerly Known as The Don has a new job!

C7XTuk5XwAEl06C.jpg

Is that Wayne's cap :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

These Niamh and Marcus scenes.

kWgpK_s-200x150.gif

And, of course, they are back to the bickering and half hearted flirting straight away.

Wooly mammoth and you're wan are cringey too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

So Marcus ordered room service before Niamh arrived, he said 'a half hour ago'. They did the durty deed in bed, probably showered afterward...all in less than 20/25 minutes? Jaysus, I've brushed my teeth for longer. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

For the love of all that is holy... what the hell is it with Emmett and his new stalker? Have I missed something? Has she nothing better to be doing than worrying about some guy who she met briefly and has been for a couple of jars with his da.... Where do they come up with this muck?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Number of people who have told Niamh to just leave Paul:

1. Dermot
    2. Hughie
    3. Carol
    4. Nicola
    5. Hayley
    6. Jane
    7. Marcus (and he barely knows her!)

Its getting as embarrassing as the number of people who know about The Plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Did Christiano just stop to buy a coffee on his way to work in his coffee shop?

I love how the characters in FC just walk into McCoys, Vinos, the Community centre on the off chance they person they are looking for are sitting there drinking alone!

Where is all this going with Arcade Boss and her "group"? New man-shed? Cult? WTF is it in aid of????? Shiiiiiiiiiiiite!

Drop Ellie off to school and straight into the open AND busy pub!!!! Pints all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

So Marcus ordered room service before Niamh arrived, he said 'a half hour ago'. They did the durty deed in bed, probably showered afterward...all in less than 20/25 minutes? Jaysus, I've brushed my teeth for longer. :eek:

No foreplay, ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

No foreplay, ha!

wha dat? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Miriam.. Gripeys New squeeze is a nauseating mix of Debbie and Joe, yes,, she is a "jebbie"

anyway her life coach skills are flecking shockin, telling stripey to support her gambling addicted son by encouraging him to gambling more and teach others to gamble by sharing his skill is just nuts, cause she thinks he has the skill of reading people,,, lol,, lol.

did she see the way Kiernan all but told him he kidnapped kt and he still didn't read it, even the note, he didn't read that,
    Imagine telling a parent of an alcoholic to support their child's drinking cause you think they have the skill of double vision when they are drunk.... Shockin.

• Advertisement

Why would Paul and Niamh need to look at the menu in Vinos? They're in there 3 or 4 times a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Why would Paul and Niamh need to look at the menu in Vinos? They're in there 3 or 4 times a day!

And all they serve are tomatoes and coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Marcus and niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

No foreplay, ha!

He obviously didn't light her up like a Christmas tree !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jos28 wrote: »
    Woo Hoo !!! Famous or what ? Well done you :D

I never imagined my petition would have made newspaper websites. I really do now know where some of the news stories come from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

How do you know she is ambitious????
    She has absolutely nothing else on her acting CV? How is that ambitious!! Everything points to the opposite.
    Anyway she is not exactly a great actress so obviously will take the easy way out and become an RTE lifer.

But ambitious, seriously, how in Gods name could you say that!!

I know because she was able to get into FC and get the top female role in it. It depends on how one defines ambitious but if getting steady, stable employment is it, she sure knew how to get there! She you'll find has done better than most Irish actors of her generation. Does she need to have anything else on her acting CV? No when she is constantly getting regular work all year long! Her and Paul you'll find are in most episodes which is different to most of the other cast members.

She is not a great actress and is limited but she is no fool. She was able to use what she had and sell it and play the Niamh character quite well. She has arrived to where she wants to be and to quit the role of Niamh would be unambitious. She has what any other actor would dream of: regular work.

Sure, she may not have had any Hollywood experience or other experience but ironically she is doing better than a lot who did! She is well aware that the Irish media reward mediocrity and she knew where to go and she got EXACTLY what she desired.

That is not ambition. That is not in anyway ambitition in the acting career sense! Deciding to stick in a job because it is steady and you are afraid to take risks in your career whilst sitting back and playing a mundane repetitive role in a very low quality platform of acting, that, BP, is the antithesis of ambition.

Just because she knows she will get paid and can be a lifer in RTE for as long as she wants, does not mean she has ambition to better herself, in an acting sense.

That is what people talk about when they are discussing an actors ambition.

Clelia Murphy does a load of voice overs for advertising which is quite lucrative. I met her at an awards show and she was nice, up for a laugh. I don't know if actually takes her role of FC very seriously. Laughing all the way to the bank I'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

That is not ambition. That is not in anyway ambitition in the acting career sense! Deciding to stick in a job because it is steady and you are afraid to take risks in your career whilst sitting back and playing a mundane repetitive role in a very low quality platform of acting, that, BP, is the antithesis of ambition.

Just because she knows she will get paid and can be a lifer in RTE for as long as she wants, does not mean she has ambition to better herself, in an acting sense.

That is what people talk about when they are discussing an actors ambition.

Whatever way one wants to look at it what she is doing works and works very well for her. She is not ambitious in an artistic sort of a way but she sure as hell knows how to make regular money.
    Cormdogg wrote: »
    Clelia Murphy does a load of voice overs for advertising which is quite lucrative. I met her at an awards show and she was nice, up for a laugh. I don't know if actually takes her role of FC very seriously. Laughing all the way to the bank I'd say

She can top up her FC work with this and I would be certain she is very capable and knows how to run a good career. Call what she does ambition or not, it is certainly success.

Whatever way one wants to look at it what she is doing works and works very well for her. She is not ambitious in an artistic sort of a way but she sure as hell knows how to make regular money.

She can top up her FC work with this and I would be certain she is very capable and knows how to run a good career. Call what she does ambition or not, it is certainly success.

Exactly, she is not ambitious! Especially not for an actor! She has got a steady job and is getting well overpaid for it and I am not talking about Hollywood when I say ambitious.

When I speak about ambition I mean you have a desire to move from your current position to something else, preferably up the professional ladder. "To succeed, you must make things happen instead of waiting for them to happen. Anyone can wish for a promotion or dream of starting her own business one day, but ambitious people set specific goals, research the steps it will take to attain them and begin doing the work to get there. Learning how to set outcome and performance goals will help you achieve your long-term career ambitions." (That is a quote, obviously not my words, for fear of being sued for plagiarism!!!!

We all want to make money from our jobs, but if we don't aspire to better ourselves and move up the professional ladder, we cannot be regarded as ambitious! Successful, yes, but as actor, not ambitious in anyway! More to life than money!
    Especially when we are in the same job more or less doing the same thing for over 20 years! Flicking your hair and grinning at the end of an episode to the camera!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Im sure she is laughing all the way to the bank but her character is a laughing stock at this stage, i dont think any woman in Ireland is even remotely like her. Her storylines are an endless and predictable cycle of: catch Paul having affair, swear revenge, lose nerve at last minute, go back to him. Its wearisome by now and its obvious the writers are never going to split them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Marcus has a big pair of hairy shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It's amazing how all the characters in Fair City spend their days drinking coffee, milkshakes, wine, beer etc and yet nobody ever goes to the bathroom... amazing also that you never see anyone carrying a bottle of water unless they're exercising (in the park, in Winter).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Im sure she is laughing all the way to the bank but her character is a laughing stock at this stage, i dont think any woman in Ireland is even remotely like her. Her storylines are an endless and predictable cycle of: catch Paul having affair, swear revenge, lose nerve at last minute, go back to him. Its wearisome by now and its obvious the writers are never going to split them up.

God remember when that predictable cycle used to take place over weeks/months.. She regularly goes through all those stages in the space of a single episode these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I loved tonight when Miriam said Emmett was great at reading people. It a shame he can't read Ciaran!

over 5,200 petition signatures now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Any chance your next petition is to scrap this tripe altogether :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I never imagined my petition would have made newspaper websites. I really do now know where some of the news stories come from!

The Irish Mirror's article about it has received 800 comments on their Facebook page, virtually every single person is critical of the storyline.

FC have really screwed up here, I think the "note" was the final straw for everyone, especially when it didn't lead to Katy's release after all of this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Strazdas wrote: »

The Irish Mirror's article about it has received 800 comments on their Facebook page, virtually every single person is critical of the storyline.

FC have really screwed up here, I think the "note" was the final straw for everyone, especially when it didn't lead to Katy's release after all of this time.
    I personally think the plan storyline is way worse with all the questionable plot discrepancies.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I personally think the plan storyline is way worse with all the questionable plot discrepancies.

Funnily enough, both started around the same time (and I assume will finish around the same time). We first saw Katy in her cell in September and we saw Niamh starting to hatch her plan against Paul that month as well : it looks like these two storylines were always intended to completely dominate the show from the early autumn right through to spring / early summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement