Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hey Freshpopcorn, was it you that created the petition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

fin12 wrote: »

As FP's official spokesperson/agent/PA, I can confirm it was him. FP won't be answering any further questions at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

As FP's official spokesperson/agent/PA, I can confirm it was him. FP won't be answering any further questions at the moment.
    What's your commission rate??

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 30,607 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That's between him and me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

We're back to talk of money again : is this yet another part of The Plan storyline? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I never imagined my petition would have made newspaper websites. I really do now know where some of the news stories come from!

I just had your petition shared on my FB page by a relative living in America:pac:
    You are gone global :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The most shocking news of the day for me is freshpopcorn is a male! I always assumed you were a woman :pac:

anna080 wrote: »
    The most shocking news of the day for me is freshpopcorn is a male! I always assumed you were a woman :pac:

I've always been me, theirs never an act!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Jesus guys or gals ive always had presumptions about users here as well maybe i was completely wrong! Heres what i assumed:

Talking Bread- male
    Coolhull- male
    Walshb- male
    Cormdogg- male
    Strazdaz- male
    Nafdegy- female
    Builderplumber - female
    Parish priest- male

• Advertisement

Not to hog the thread, it got discussed on the on Today FM with Al Porter!

https://www.todayfm.com/AlPorter/podcasts#

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Liked and shared, Hun. xxx. lol.

If this gains momentum it might make the Ray Darcy show tomorrow, knowing his love for all things "viral". Or better still, LAHVELINE, the holy grail.

Pleeeeasse Fresh Popcorn.. Now that you are gaining kudos.. Next mission.. Get FC taken off air altogether!!!

This thread reminds me of this one for it's disgruntled viewers and trying to grab media attention:
    Sorry for the link not working without copy and paste. Old phone!

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2056681075#79377458

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I am indeed a male, a male with a weakness for shoddily made Irish drama.

Can the next petition be on behalf of the Irish Accountants and Maths teachers Benevolant Society to please explain Paul's finances.

Fresh why do I fear there will be some spin on the petition that it shows thousands of people love KT & want her free when really I don't think anyone would care if she was shipped off to the Galapogos!

PS. Can you edit it to include "Deport Zoe back to Ireland" please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Not to hog the thread, it got discussed on the on Today FM with Al Porter!

https://www.todayfm.com/AlPorter/podcasts#

You're Trending all over the place, Popcorn... :) let's hope you'll be invited onto the LLS.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=fair+city+online+petition+&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=HRjSWLqtLcSnU7j9iaAE#spf=1

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Cormdogg wrote: »

Can the next petition be on behalf of the Irish Accountants and Maths teachers Benevolant Society to please explain Paul's finances.

Fresh why do I fear there will be some spin on the petition that it shows thousands of people love KT & want her free when really I don't think anyone would care if she was shipped off to the Galapogos!

Or leave Zoe in the Galapagos Islands and bring back a Giant Tortoise instead. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Cormdogg wrote: »

Please, please Do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

signed the petition. Perhaps she will get lost in Montrose when RTE sell all the land they are selling and someone will discover her 10 years later still alive.

You're Trending all over the place, Popcorn... :) let's hope you'll be invited onto the LLS.

http://www.google.ie/search?q=fair+city+online+petition+&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=HRjSWLqtLcSnU7j9iaAE#spf=1

I just hope RTE don't take this as approval for the hames they've made of the Katy storyline. Last night's scenes where Ciaran was screaming at her and threatening her were almost identical to ones way back in early November, meaning the storyline has scarcely moved on one bit in four to five months.

• Advertisement

RTE are loving this. They7 will spin it to emphasise how passionate their viewers are about characters and how realistic they are in portraying real life by not rushing plots. They will, as they have been for months, promise a huge payoff that fans will love (a siege) and will say how well researched the story is. They will sh1t talk about how good the actors are in portraying their characters for so long etc etc.................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

RTE are loving this. They7 will spin it to emphasise how passionate their viewers are about characters and how realistic they are in portraying real life by not rushing plots. They will, as they have been for months, promise a huge payoff that fans will love (a siege) and will say how well researched the story is. They will sh1t talk about how good the actors are in portraying their characters for so long etc etc.................

Ok how realistic is the storyline? is there any girl who has been kidnapped for 10 months by a family "friend" and kept in a cell in a garage in Ireland in the last 20 to 30 years? maybe in America perhaps but not Ireland. of course there are the missing women who have not been found but they are hardly stretching that storyline to infer that this plot reflects on those poor missing women?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

On the subject of petitions, wouldn't it be great if someone started a petition to get Tubridy off television for good :)

Ok how realistic is the storyline? is there any girl who has been kidnapped for 10 months by a family "friend" and kept in a cell in a garage in Ireland in the last 20 to 30 years? maybe in America perhaps but not Ireland. of course there are the missing women who have not been found but they are hardly stretching that storyline to infer that this plot reflects on those poor missing women?

It is not realistic at all. Thats the point.

Anyway, here is a few famous people signing The Petition:

The Ram and the lovely Dearbhla

065_67b4c42395bf9a1f45d0da5bff501aa5e92afdb5.jpg

Niamh

Eps-1881-Niamh-attempts-to-access-Paul%E2%80%99s-files-on-Dermot%E2%80%99s-computer-640x457.jpg

Charlitttttttttt and Posh Charles

gallery_soaps-fair-city-120515-2.jpg

Gripey

gallery-1447257254-soaps-fair-city-w48-e183-03.jpg

Even Maeve is back to sign it!

screen.jpg

Leo coaxes a young one off the street to sign it as his hands are too big for the keypads

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLnmeYOv3-G8br6k7ez5ocm8EVXKhkRslahlPY_soyRaT6tFOH4Q

The thoughts of such a petition even get unprecedented smiles from moody fkers like Sourpuss and Caddle

2015-03-04_new_7508501_I1.JPG

Sasha and Lycra Laura back FP's Petition

Fair-City-Eps-102-Laura-resolves-to-start-looking-for-a-place-to-live-180x120.jpg

Deegan trys to persuade Oisin to help the cause

000c4770-800.jpg

Finally, huge coup as Trump abandons The Wall to get behind The Petition

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I will drop this here while im off to vomit after reading it.
    Clearly these RTE people are delusional

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/its-incredible-value-for-money-rtes-new-director-general-wants-to-double-tv-licence-fee-35554991.html

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/its-incredible-value-for-money-rtes-new-director-general-wants-to-double-tv-licence-fee-35554991.html

RTgrEed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Anyone hear the DG of RTE on Sean O'Rourke this morning. RTE are losing over €20 million a year. I'm not surprised considering the levels of pay that the FC writers are on. They are totally fecked if they have someone of that calibre doing the books at RTE. They can't even add Don Paulionin's money up correctly, how in hell are they supposed to balance the books of a major organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think they might as well stretch it out to the one year mark, release her on the one year anniversary.

• Advertisement

I think they might as well stretch it out to the one year mark, release her on the one year anniversary.

That could be the intention in fact, release her on the exact one year anniversary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement