Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Bunch of eegits above.

17 of 45 writers. And not one of them remembers poor Zoe.

fin12 wrote: »
    I actually thought he would have said cause he is American, that she reminded him of Julianne Moore.

Gillian is American too. Either way the people at FC are getting way ahead of themselves in comparing people. #NotJenniferAniston #NotGillianAnderson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I reckon she would love a rabbit after 10 months locked away..........;)

:eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

How did Kathy survive the cold winter weather in that cardboard box?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wtf is a Dwtsirl :confused:

They should concrete on watching programmes on how too write good proper scripts!
    Saps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

youwould wrote: »
    Gillian is American too. Either way the people at FC are getting way ahead of themselves in comparing people. #NotJenniferAniston #NotGillianAnderson

Oh is she, I always thought she was English.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

This is how they will wrap it up. Katie's prison cell is gonna collapse like one of them crates in the cartoons and she will walk to her freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,609 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Petition just went over 7000 signatures!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Ladies. If you were pregnant by your boyfriend of a month, you living in his gaff, you constantly had him minding your neice and mentally challenged sister, would you like to........meet his family or learn anything about them? Find out where he's from or where he has been in his life before he arrived into C-Town or maybe know anything about him?

Is Ciaran Holloway even his real name? It would have to be for him to get his wages and lease that house. Surely Party Goth Cop would know if it was a fake name, she's seen his license. Ireland is a small country, Dublin is even smaller. So you're Emmet. You're seeing a girl for a few months, you'd assume he'd know how many siblings she had, she's from Dublin, her name is Holloway. Months later you meet a guy from Dublin, 2nd name Holloway, not Murphy, not Doyle....Holloway. In the year he knows Ciaran he never asks him.........."Hey you're no relation to...........are you"
    Is the FC world a world without social media? If I meet a stranger and get their name I can go online and using google, facebook, linkedin etc I can learn ALOT about them. Where they're from, where they went to school, where they work, who their friends and relations are. Did they ever explain how Ciaran tracked down Emmet? In this day and age how would Emmet not know his ex was dead? Had they no mutual friends or aquainteances? It would make much more sense if Ciaran was a psycho ex, not brother and if was from anywhere but Dublin. Like if I can figure that out in 5 minutes in my bed you would think a professional, well paid script writer could do better. I mean in Dublin everyone knows someone who knows someone, you cant go a week without bumping into someone that kniws your cousin or you went to school with etc.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Ladies. If you were pregnant by your boyfriend of a month, you living in his gaff, you constantly had him minding your neice and mentally challenged sister, would you like to........meet his family or learn anything about them? Find out where he's from or where he has been in his life before he arrived into C-Town or maybe know anything about him?

Is Ciaran Holloway even his real name? It would have to be for him to get his wages and lease that house. Surely Party Goth Cop would know if it was a fake name, she's seen his license. Ireland is a small country, Dublin is even smaller. So you're Emmet. You're seeing a girl for a few months, you'd assume he'd know how many siblings she had, she's from Dublin, her name is Holloway. Months later you meet a guy from Dublin, 2nd name Holloway, not Murphy, not Doyle....Holloway. In the year he knows Ciaran he never asks him.........."Hey you're no relation to...........are you"
    Is the FC world a world without social media? If I meet a stranger and get their name I can go online and using google, facebook, linkedin etc I can learn ALOT about them. Where they're from, where they went to school, where they work, who their friends and relations are. Did they ever explain how Ciaran tracked down Emmet? In this day and age how would Emmet not know his ex was dead? Had they no mutual friends or aquainteances? It would make much more sense if Ciaran was a psycho ex, not brother and if was from anywhere but Dublin. Like if I can figure that out in 5 minutes in my bed you would think a professional, well paid script writer could do better. I mean in Dublin everyone knows someone who knows someone, you cant go a week without bumping into someone that kniws your cousin or you went to school with etc.

It's possible they had different surnames and Emmet isn't the brightest spark at times anyway. I'm not a Dub but from what I understand about the north side, it's not massive in terms of everyone in the same age group sort of knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows the original person, right? Especially if someone in that age group went missing in a foreign country... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cormdogg wrote: »

Someone brought that up before about Ciaran having the same name as the missing sister but to be honest they could be half siblings so it's plausible that he could have a different surname.

Oh is she, I always thought she was English.

According to her bio, she was born in America, lived in England and the States during childhood and moved to London permanently in 2002. So American-English. :)

youwould wrote: »
    According to her bio, she was born in America, lived in England and the States during childhood and moved to London permanently in 2002. So American-English. :)

Oh right cool, so I wasn't too far off, I think she has an English accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Someone brought that up before about Ciaran having the same name as the missing sister but to be honest they could be half siblings so it's plausible that he could have a different surname.

For God sake, this is the same soap that an 11 year old girl went off to the galapagos Islands in early December and was never mentioned again, I doubt the writers have given any thought to surnames

• Registered Users Posts: 18,928 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Sam Kade wrote: »
    How did Kathy survive the cold winter weather in that cardboard box?

Good point actually. Seeing as she's in a garage lock up, it would be freezing in there for the entire winter, even in the daytime.

We did see a glimmer of the storyline moving on tonight : Jackie has spotted that Ciaran has a dark side (annoyingly though, we should have seen scenes like these months ago, the guy is a passive aggressive control freak with an anger problem after all).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

amtc wrote: »
    I'm still mystified as to why Cristiano bought coffee in vinos when he runs a coffee place. Anyway what's with all the coffee? No one drinks all that coffee every day without being addicted.

're Cristiano, he came to see his brother...where is Jake?

Jake must have fallen into a diabetic coma in the back of Brewsters as himself, the nuss and everyone else have been ignoring his insulin dependence for months!

Ha! Of course you're right but it would be nice if just one, just one person was suspicious of LH, not by finding a note, not be literally stumbling upon the 2 of them in his garage but if the penney finally dropped. "Hhhhmmmm how come we know NOTHING about Ciaran" "How come Ciaran is always carrying this backpack". If one person (not Header) was suspicious it would add some much needed tension. How could Dermish twig the Ram & Stripey so quickly, how did the Ram find out about the Brothel scene in Mullingar so easily. Wayne & Orla cant even hide a small bag of cash and LH can hide KT like it aint no thang! He's already proved to Emmet he's a psycho! Imagine your daughter went missing and the cops said "Well we've checked Galway, she's not there, nothing more we can really do for you"

But........of course with Zoe in Gallapogos, that really sets the bar. That's what we're dealing with. Is there anything that even comes close to that?

That storyline has a few; Dermots speedy liver transplant, Jane legally gifted and entire house?

I'd add every single thing to do with Christy Ah Now as highly rediculous.
    For God sake, this is the same soap that an 11 year old girl went off to the galapagos Islands in early December and was never mentioned again, I doubt the writers have given any thought to surnames

We know one thing about the dungeon, it's insulated! :)
    Strazdas wrote: »
    Good point actually. Seeing as she's in a garage lock up, it would be freezing in there for the entire winter, even in the daytime.

We did see a glimmer of the storyline moving on tonight : Jackie has spotted that Ciaran has a dark side (annoyingly though, we should have seen scenes like these months ago, the guy is a passive aggressive control freak with an anger problem after all).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I wonder does Kathy know about brexit and Trump becoming president since she went into the box? She'll have a lot of catching up to do if she ever gets out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I wonder does Kathy know about brexit and Trump becoming president since she went into the box? She'll have a lot of catching up to do if she ever gets out.

I reckon even KT will know about The Plan before The Don cops on what happened. He will be the last man standing.

Niamh will leave him.
    The Don will be seen sipping whiskey in his flat as this is a sign that someone is mourning the end of a relationship
    A few weeks later some event will bring them back together and Wanderer will have a heartattack with anger!!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,428 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What the f*ck is wrong with Niamh? Someone offers to treat her right other than a lying cheating scumbag and she basically tells him to f*ck off. Why are u hanging around?????

Yes, because smoothie Marcus sounds so genuine and sincere!

I have to laugh at the thought of Paul having to have to have a glass of wine instead of a bottle or having to live of 20 quid to save money all because he was fleeced of 800k! He still had profitable businesses and property! My old boss when the recession hit was 190 million in debt! He scaled down from a huge estate to a small mansion. That's as bad as it got for him. I still see him cruising about in his Range Rover. I'm pretty sure he's not an Uber driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shellybelle

"Smoothie" Marcus? Holy moley he's a hairy beast. Aint nothin' smooth about that back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Who wore it better, Lenny or Emmet? :pac:

f1ed273d8bca95a3b9e84cc518f93fdf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Hughie is such a dumb ****! At least twice , he saw LH belittling Header (in his best scumbag accent btw) and in the pub at that, and didn't once really say anything about it or to the rest of the family. Just carried on as if nothing had happened, the idiot!

The Hotel woman(sorry, can't remember her name) was more clued in to something amiss than the rest of them put together.

maurv1 wrote: »
    Hughie is such a dumb ****! At least twice , he saw LH belittling Header (in his best scumbag accent btw) and in the pub at that, and didn't once really say anything about it or to the rest of the family. Just carried on as if nothing had happened, the idiot!

The Hotel woman(sorry, can't remember her name) was more clued in to something amiss than the rest of them put together.

You could say Jackie (Carrie Crowley) has the euroVision to spot something amiss..........

I'll get my coat...........

P15npu.gif

Considering she and her son had fairly serious mental problems she would know the signs! Is she doing a line with Hughie. First Bob, then the Ram, the Grioey. She's getting around. A fine looking woman
    maurv1 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

What is this group thing than Miriam has...just random chats about things? Not even advertised in the community centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

What is this group thing than Miriam has...just random chats about things? Not even advertised in the community centre.

• Advertisement

My question is who is Miriam?? Did she just drop from the sky??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement