Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

they gone and copied the katie story and made a movie

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Billy Reid

I've stopped watching FC because of the hole KT things.

It's an utter disgrace.

I again bumped into robbie today. Was gona ask for a photo for the craic but he a big mutton head on him

When KT gets out she will be on the Late Late and every other fkn show you can imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

walshb wrote: »
    Des Bishop...lighting Niamh up like the Eiffel Tower on Patrick's nite!
    How did he light her up? Was it the friction between them working like a dynamo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭George White

the Fair City writers say that the story needs time, "To have hastened this story would not have done justice to the ramifications of such an act upon everyone it touches."
    Hastened - are you living on Bizarroworld? It wasn't hastened - it was stretched. https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2017/0322/861681-fair-city-say-it-would-have-been-wrong-to-rush-katys-s/

Pigsear wrote: »
    After watching this show for a long time as a family event, I have now decided to give up on fair city completely as the Katy O'Brien and Paul and Niamh Brennan nonsense has gone on too long. The script writers need to get a dose of reality and maybe be replaced.

Ciaran hasn't been seen near a car in months.

And the Dermot story-line was farcical.

I'm going to put this on a poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The storylines just seem to be getting messier and messier. I mean, THE PLAN. Nobody knows what it's about anymore and let's face it, the writers probably genuinely don't know themselves anymore.

For example, and this sums up the whole thing, Hayley trying to blackmail Niamh tonight, threatening to tell Paul. Niamh gets into a panic and herself and Marcus come up with an idea to keep Hayley quiet.

Well here's an idea, Niamh. Let her tell Paul. In fact, tell him yourself actually. You know, THE PLAN!!! Where you take all Paul's money and leave him?? "I can't have Paul looking into my finances" she says. Yeah, well leave him. THE PLAN FFS. THE PLAN!

How can she be blackmailed with a threat when that threat was something she was going to do herself anyway!!!

THE GODDAMN MOTHERFVCKING PLAN!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Gotta say. Fair City was on the TV in front of me tonight but do you think I have a clue what happened? I paid absolutely NO attention to it. I literally could not be more bored of something!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Gotta say. Fair City was on the TV in front of me tonight but do you think I have a clue what happened? I paid absolutely NO attention to it. I literally could not be more bored of something!

I'm the same. I'm a passive viewer at this stage. Same old rigmarole, but none of it actually makes sense. So it's like you're seeing the same thing every night, but I still can't make head nor tail of any of it

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

This Fair ****ty crap tonight has me humming to the tune of The Barney Song :
    "I blackmail you,
    You blackmail me,
    Last week we were close as family,
    But then you went off and screwed the Yank,
    He'd have been better off at home just having a w**k"

Sorry, sorry, but this utter sh*te has me using words I wouldn't normally use in public............

Love/Hate to KT : " The part I don't understand is, I thought you and I were friends ? I've been looking after you and feeding you. Why did you write that note? Why would you even try to escape?
    I mean, it's not like you're paying huge rent for living here. I think the rent I'm charging you is well within Government guidelines. "

KT : " Yeh, Ciarán, yeh're right. Why de hell did I try to escape at all, at all?
    Wait, let me count de reasons why I migh' want to leave dis luxury pad of yours.
    First, me beauty consultant, yeh know, the wan who plucks me eyebrows and waxes me legs an' underarms every week? Well, she says that what I really need as part of me beauty regime is a good dose of Vitamin D, yeh know, the ould sunshine vitamin? She also says that the cheap Spar shampoo you bring me is doin' harm to me hair. And all dis cold takeaway stuff yeh bring me is not good for me skin. Though I'm not sure about any of dat, so next week she's goin' to bring her colleague in to see me, yeh know, for a second opinion, like.
    Then dere's de shower, only workin' de odd time. 'Tis not exactly Trump Towers in here, is it? De interior decorater left it kinda basic and minimalist....
    No, no, don't go, Ciarán! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to criticise yeh. Sure I know yeh have me best interests at heart. I'm bein' totally unfair, like. Here I am, givin' ou' about me livin' arrangements when you have lotsa tings on yer mind.
    Ciarán, don't leave! Come back! I'm sorry! I'm sorry.........."

Oh, and by the way, a huge thank you to Fresh Popcorn for his brilliant petition idea. I suspect it won't influence the production team in the slightest, but at least they know how thousands of us feel.
    Well done, FP!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just watching it now, I'm a bit disappointed to see Niamh using the lift instead of the stairs in the community centre!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Just watching it now, I'm a bit disappointed to see Niamh using the lift instead of the stairs in the community centre!

theres another storyline right there - the community center goes up in flames after carol tosses a lit fag in the doorway , niamh is trapped it the lift .. header hears all this commotion and blurts out kkkkkkaaaaattiiee traaaapped! .. wobble head LH say no, your confused heather niamh is trapped in the lift, they are all trying to send you mad ya daft bítch, but you can trust me I'm your friend .. wha whaat about the letter? ... there was no letter heather its all in your head .. then LH fights the flames ... goes into the centre , rescues Niamh out of the lift ... he is once again the hero , niamh wants to pay him back , but he wont take no money... so the wagon bed's him instead .... in the office where paul and that skanky blondie also work .... and so it continues

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Carol gave birth to Jack in the community centre lift. Decco was a 'bad boy' at the time but he made a wonderful midwife.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

coolhull wrote: »
    Ciarán, don't leave! Come back! I'm sorry! I'm sorry.........."

Jesus the amount of times this exact line has been uttered....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,929 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

When are we going to see something go wrong on Ciaran? He's had lucky break after lucky break and even now in late March 2017, nobody is even remotely suspicious of him. Anyone would think the scriptwriters love him and he is a hero to them.

youwould wrote: »
    Carol gave birth to Jack in the community centre lift. Decco was a 'bad boy' at the time but he made a wonderful midwife.
    Does she still ger rup at nigh to feed him? Jack must be fit to burst from all the milk he drank.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Strazdas wrote: »
    When are we going to see something go wrong on Ciaran? He's had lucky break after lucky break and even now in late March 2017, nobody is even remotely suspicious of him. Anyone would think the scriptwriters love him and he is a hero to them.

Maybe they feel sorry for him because he got shoved over a balcony in his last job !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Bring back the 'whispering detective' to sort out the KT kidnap ASAP ...John Deegan needs his old partner badly! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Saw this on another forum and it gave me a giggle.
    Niamh is the Cersei Lannister of Carrigstown. She thinks she's some kind of master schemer, but she's just someone who has good resting bitch face.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Good article by Pat Stacey about the Katy storyline
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/comment-free-the-fair-city-one-and-end-our-misery-35561871.html
    Pat Stacey
    March 24 2017 11:08 AM

Do you recall "The Weatherfield One"? You surely do if you're a long-standing Coronation Street fan and of sufficient age to remember when Deirdre Barlow, played by the late Anne Kirkbride, who died of breast cancer in 2015, was the hottest thing on t'Street after Betty's hotpots.
    Courtesy of that strange alchemy that only seasoned Coronation Street scriptwriters seem able to work, Deirdre was for years television's unlikeliest man-eater.
    With her plasma screen-sized glasses, hyena laugh and 40-a-day Silk Cut habit, which caused her to emit a rasping wheeze that sounded like an arthritic Count Dracula trying to push open the lid of a rusty metal casket buried in a gravel pit, Deirdre was simply irresistible to men.

You want to talk about sexual attraction? Deirdre had more of the stuff than a Playboy bunny with a powerful magnet stuffed into each bra cup. Blokes just queued up to be devoured by her.

In the end, though, she always came back to Ken Barlow, the Street's resident Guardian-reading intellectual, who made a face like a man chewing on shards of glass whenever Deirdre interrupted him while he was trying to enjoy a bit of Nabokov. But there was one affair, in 1998, that nearly finished Deirdre off.

A chancer called Jon Lindsay wooed her into giving him money for a mortgage. When she learned he was a conman and tried to get it back, he accused her of theft and made it look like she was the "brains" (ha!) behind his various fraudulent activities. Poor Deirdre was sent down for 18 months.
    Thus the "Free the Weatherfield One" campaign was born. There were front-page stories in the UK tabloids, think-pieces in the cerebral broadsheets, T-shirts, car stickers and petitions from viewers.

Prime minister Tony Blair, a man used to blurring fact and fiction, not least in the matter of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, even instructed his Home Secretary Jack Straw to intervene on Deirdre's behalf.

Is it possible, do you think, that Enda Kenny might take a leaf out of Blair's book and throw what's left of his political weight behind the "Free Katy" online petition that an exasperated Fair City viewer launched this week, and which has already clocked up more than 6,000 signatures?

I know he has a few other things on his mind at the moment, but really, the Katy problem has become so ridiculous there's a very real danger that hordes of irate Fair City fans will organise a mass burning of TV licences outside RTE reception - assuming they don't die of boredom first.
    For those not in the know, a character in the soap called Ciaran kidnapped a character called Katy last May. Eleven months on, he still has her under lock and key, while the storyline is going absolutely nowhere except around in ever decreasing circles.

We're well used to soap operas dragging stories out for as long as possible. EastEnders is infamous for keeping plots on the boil in order to save the big denouement for the Christmas Day episode. Eleven months, though - Jesus!
    Football seasons don't last 11 months. US election campaigns don't last 11 months. Pregnancies don't last 11 months. My middle daughter's journey from her mother's womb to her first toddle across the living room carpet didn't last 11 months. A soap opera plot should absolutely never last 11 months.

There are some hopeful signs that everyone's ordeal might end soon, though. Poor Katy is feeling sick. Welcome to our world, Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

You know it would take very little searching to find this thread. Surely the writers, producers have seen it. Surely a few journalists have seen it. I'll tell you I got here. My GF insists on watching FC. I would either watch in frustrated anger or go out bang my head against the wall. Then......one day I googled "why is the acting in Fair City so bad" I kid you not. This popped up and I've been hooked ever since. It truly amazes me. That was circa the Mumbles/Niamh affair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sure it's a great thread all the same! Rarely a bicker either.....rarely! !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,929 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Muahahaha wrote: »

I think the scriptwriters must know by now they have blown it. A one year ongoing storyline might work with a different plot but just showing Katy in a cell for all of that time where nothing is actually happening was a disastrous blunder.

A kidnap and hostage plot needed to be resolved much quicker in order to hold the viewers' attention. That time where Katy was temporarily freed in November was the perfect time to end it but sending her back into the cell was plain idiotic. The scenes this week were scarcely any different to what we were watching five months ago, there's no sense that the storyline has moved on even a tiny bit.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Bring back the 'whispering detective' to sort out the KT kidnap ASAP ...John Deegan needs his old partner badly! :P
    Is that defective sg Byrne you are referring to :)

Saw this on another forum and it gave me a giggle.
    The PROC :)

Sam Kade wrote: »
    The PROC :)

The greatest forum on earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Sure it's a great thread all the same! Rarely a bicker either.....rarely! !

We're a grand bunch of lads...and lasses. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Good article" and a link to the Indo.

Ah come on now, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

In time honoured Boards Fair City thread tradition, may I suggest that henceforth Marcus be known as Mucus? He has all the charm of a snot.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

maurv1 wrote: »
    Whatever happened the one with the rich daddy and worked in the Vinos? :)

She fell down a plot hole

• Advertisement

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    She fell down a plot hole

At least she has Zoe for company.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement