Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Why not go mad and name them :)

Bread and Wanderer.... .I think they're too passionate and critical about every aspect of FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Can anyone tell me where I could get a print of this picture, http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1RuI89IciUSMTdWULpuXv7tpCbz5LA1yw6bC10yzGar4KMw7H

In a physical shop in Dublin.? Not on the Internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Watching in catch up. Anyone notice Niamh isn't wearing her wedding ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I've always wondered why....... why someone who's obviously well educated would be bothered with FC?... I'm thinking of 2 posters in particular. Talking Bread and Wanderer

I feel deeply insulted, Colly!
    I consider myself to be at least as well-educated as those 'customers' in Spar who have to read the instructions on a packet of Pringles!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,433 ✭✭✭✭walshb

coolhull wrote: »
    I feel deeply insulted!!
    I consider myself to be at least as well-educated as those extras who have to read the instructions on a packet of Pringles!

Yeh, but your like myself, a complete pi€s taker...

Bread is a mixture of pi&s taker and actual critic.

Wanderer is Una Kavanagh in disguise. Sneaky Cheshire Cat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Bread and Wanderer.... .I think they're too passionate and critical about every aspect of FC.

To be fair, I could describe some of your posts as quite passionate at times, I don't see this as a bad thing though, do you?
    As for critical, I have always been clear as to why I watch FC. I actually think that when a huge number of factors (the right script, actors and location) align at the right time, FC can be very interesting, gripping drama. Sadly this only happens once in a blue moon before its back to crap like "Who is Laura having sex with" and "Should Caoimhe work and be a mum". I also think its fair enough as a licence payer to expect even a modicum of logic from my tv shows and FC insist on flushing logic down the drain. I'm very critical of Paul and Niamh because they are on our screens every single episode and they really are boring at this stage. They deserve a 12 year break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I've always wondered why....... why someone who's obviously well educated would be bothered with FC?... I'm thinking of 2 posters in particular.

I have the acronym M.B.A.F.C.C. after my name. I am obliged to pay close attention to the show and expose it's inner flaws.

PS, I am only here for the thread like 99.99% of the posters here I envisage! Jeez, no need to name and shame though! It is only a laugh!

walshb wrote: »
    Yeh, but your like myself, a complete pi€s taker...

Bread is a mixture of pi&s taker and actual critic.

Wanderer is Una Kavanagh in disguise. Sneaky Cheshire Cat!

Surely the 2 go hand in hand! I mean, you can't exactly p1ss take without being critical!

I don't see the harm in either!

I hope this thread isn't turning dark! Beware of turning on me.................I know people...

Eps%2070%20Fair%20City%20Judith%20and%20Bob%20sleeping.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Katy seriously needs to attack Ciaran, he's turning completely nasty and deranged, he will never release her, he's too much lose, if I was Katy I would be thinking she's in serious danger now of being murdered, she needs to get out, but I just don't know how she can overpower him but she has to try.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

fin12 wrote: »
    Katy seriously needs to attack Ciaran, he's turning completely nasty and deranged, he will never release her, he's too much lose, if I was Katy I would be thinking she's in serious danger now of being murdered, she needs to get out, but I just don't know how she can overpower him but she has to try.

Shur if we all vote for Neasa Dillon on Sunday, KTeee will be out Monday morning. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,929 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He seems to have forgotten why he even kidnapped her. It wouldn't surprise me if he's planning to kill her, she has become a nuisance and a liability to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

The guy who played TJ has been cast in the new Han Solo movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,433 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Surely the 2 go hand in hand! I mean, you can't exactly p1ss take without being critical!

I don't see the harm in either!

My post was clear...

You extract the urine most of the time. Some of the time you are a plain old critic. It's not a slight, just an observation.

walshb wrote: »
    My post was clear...

You extract the urine most of the time. Some of the time you are a plain old critic. It's not a slight, just an observation.

Whereas I'm just Header in disguise right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

coolhull wrote: »
    I feel deeply insulted, Colly!
    I consider myself to be at least as well-educated as those 'customers' in Spar who have to read the instructions on a packet of Pringles!

Me 2 i tink i speak real well and am well able to express meself on anything. very well edacated..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Such a shame that RTE were too cheep to build a set for the gym, just imagine they could do the scene below with laura http://tvtid.tv2.dk/2013-10-02-rita-hjørdis-smider-klunset

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Shur if we all vote for Neasa Dillon on Sunday, KTeee will be out Monday morning. :rolleyes:

You mean Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday or Sunday morning. Surely you know NOTHING is ever arranged or happens on the days of the week that FC isnt on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Joanne O'Riordan just mentioned The Petition on The Ray D'Arcy Show! You'll be on it next week Fresh Popcorn. 😄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

I don't know why, but I thought in the last scene on Thursday that the camera was going to slowly pan down to Kate's hand to reveal some sort of weapon that she had secretly fashioned, and would have a go at your man.

What was I thinking of...this is Fair City after all :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

happyday wrote: »
    Joanne O'Riordan just mentioned The Petition on The Ray D'Arcy Show! You'll be on it next week Fresh Popcorn. 😄

I'll end up on Dancing with the Stars 2018!

I'll end up on Dancing with the Stars 2018!

Sure why not? Us Boardsies will vote for you no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

happyday wrote: »

Just out of interest what did she say?

Just out of interest what did she say?

She said her Mum watches Fair City and she has signed The Petition. Ray didn't pick up on it. Still, it got a mention!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

They're holding the story hostage now? Lucky I just finished this hostage negotiations tape.
    Fair City script writers, we're ignoring your demands, what do you say to that!?

I don't think she needs the votes she's the best dancer by far , but do Fair City get some sort of a bonus if she wins?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Found an old copy of Weekend magazine from 2003 and look what was inside. I can't remember this story at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

For the love of god, nooooo! Next Sunday
    Niamh decides to give into Marcus's needs and go to Dubai with him. Now, we all know for around 6 weeks the buzzword will be Dubai, and she'll switch from Going/Not Going three times an episode. Who's going to start a petition to send her on her merry way!?

Absolutely 100% will not happen. Either:

1. Ruthie gets hurt and needs her, Niamh feels guilty and calls the whole thing off.
    2. Ruthie makes a comment about how much she loves her mam and dad, Niamh feels guilty, calls it off.
    3. Oisin discovers what shes up to and threatens blackmail so she has to stay.
    4. Someone else discovers what shes up to and threatens blackmail soshe has to stay.
    5. She loses her money somehow in an act by Dermot.
    6. Marcus dies of a heart attack.
    7. Dubai is blown up.

Either way she aint going anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

For the love of god, nooooo! Next Sunday
    Niamh decides to give into Marcus's needs and go to Dubai with him. Now, we all know for around 6 weeks the buzzword will be Dubai, and she'll switch from Going/Not Going three times an episode. Who's going to start a petition to send her on her merry way!?

Is that for good or a holiday? To be honest I don't know why she hasn't gone on a holiday yet with all that money burning a hole in her pocket, she's a strange woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Absolutely 100% will not happen. Either:

1. Ruthie gets hurt and needs her, Niamh feels guilty and calls the whole thing off.
    2. Ruthie makes a comment about how much she loves her mam and dad, Niamh feels guilty, calls it off.
    3. Oisin discovers what shes up to and threatens blackmail so she has to stay.
    4. Someone else discovers what shes up to and threatens blackmail soshe has to stay.
    5. She loses her money somehow in an act by Dermot.
    6. Marcus dies of a heart attack.
    7. Dubai is blown up.

Either way she aint going anywhere!

All of the above!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement