Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Not too sure, 800 for the market place, 260 for the garage, 300 for the Pod. I thought originally he only threw 50 grand into Caddles Cabs. It's neither here nor there is it? It's a load BS. To think 800k was exactly every cent he had already plus the loan. And he stopped earning instantly
    jos28 wrote: »
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'll email them but let me get the 'facts' straight first
    Don Paulioni had €800k in the bank that Dermot/Niamh robbed. This came from a bank loan that he took out to buy the Speakeasy or was it savings ?
    Dermot clears out the account, so Paul still owes the bank the money. Am I right so far ?
    Paul has several businesses presumably with a cash turnover - The Pod, The Marketplace, shares in Caddle's Cabs and the garage.He sold all of these businesses in order to repay the bank.
    OK folks what did he get for each of the above ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

What self respecting soap publishes 2 weeks advance storylines???? They don't usually match the episode and they're so predicrable they're barely spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

^ FC are clearly not self-respecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What self respecting soap publishes 2 weeks advance storylines???? They don't usually match the episode and they're so predicrable they're barely spoilers

All the soaps have spoilers for those dates in the Guide/TvNow. The first weeks spoilers were in the issue that came out last Monday and the second week are in the issue that came out Today!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

That's it. I'm jacking my job & setting myself up as a CCTV salesperson in Carrickstown. I'll be able to retire in a year.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,438 ✭✭✭✭walshb

At least Paulio's limo job will solve his money issues....Fair play to him for doing that ten minute u-turn last night. He must have realised that it wasn't nice having to ask Niamh for money for groceries. All that money he got in a matter of episodes for his businesses, sure who could survive on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

So Paul hadn't got the money for groceries...well if he will buy everything in Spar he won't. Perhaps visit a super market like the rest of us.

After reducing my mother to tears over The Plan etc since she's been away for 3 months, my dad has now got in on the action. His point was that surely a successful business man like Paul would have a car, yet we never see him in one.
    Also given some many people work in the hotel that know Niamh would they not wonder what she's doing in that hotel room...

As a family we are way too invested in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

amtc wrote: »
    I have a theory about Katy. We know that she took time out to act on stage. We know that many other actors only on 3 month contracts.

However given the success of Love Hate maybe Ciaran negotiated a 12 month contract. He has a hold over RTE.

It's not like once she is released He can hang around. So Katy can't be released for a year...

Am I seeing conspiracy theories?

If they want to keep love/hate in it then he will have to murder Katy or they film him in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

So Jane is a vegan and partaking in Claire Byrne live

https://www.facebook.com/RTEOne/videos/1467576979982804/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

clairek6 wrote: »

Must cook some non vegan food to eat while I watch that segment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Presumably she doesn't drive either, for fear of splattering one of nature's grand designs on her windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

am shocked she is wearing a top with the shoulder parts intact! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

My mother is just back from Australia after three months...I took her out for lunch for Mother's Day....and explained the Plan, the Hostage, the Group, the Petition. My poor mother was laughing so hard she couldn't even eat.

What a terrible gift to your mother on Mother's Day! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

After reducing my mother to tears over The Plan etc since she's been away for 3 months, my dad has now got in on the action. His point was that surely a successful business man like Paul would have a car, yet we never see him in one.

I vaguely remember reading an interview with Tony Tormey in the RTÉ Guide about 10-15 years ago where he said he didn't drive in real life so any time he was shown 'driving' a car, it was literally being pulled along by another vehicle out of shot. Maybe the people at FC got fed up of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

youwould wrote: »
    I vaguely remember reading an interview with Tony Tormey in the RTÉ Guide about 10-15 years ago where he said he didn't drive in real life so any time he was shown 'driving' a car, it was literally being pulled along by another vehicle out of shot. Maybe the people at FC got fed up of that.

That does not bode well for his new career as a limo driver.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Shur she is always in The Pig getting some nosh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

liam7831 wrote: »

Not only that, I saw her in Eddie Rockets in real life on Paddy's Day a year or two ago. Although I didn't look into her mouth to see what she was eating, but when you take all the meat, poultry and dairy/dairy traces away from an Eddie Rocket's menu, there isn't much left.

She was looking great too. Although not in a green tee-shirt despite it being Paddy's day! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I wonder have Dermot and Ben settled into their new life by now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Not only that, I saw her in Eddie Rockets in real life on Paddy's Day a year or two ago. Although I didn't look into her mouth to see what she was eating, but when you take all the meat, poultry and dairy/dairy traces away from an Eddie Rocket's menu, there isn't much left.

She was looking great too. Although not in a green tee-shirt despite it being Paddy's day! ;)

What do you mean " In Real Life " ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I wonder have Dermot and Ben settled into their new life by now ?

I reckon that they are having a hiace time wherever they are sipping points and reading comics

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »

If she is a vegan she is a vegan! She is hardly lying!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Laois_Man wrote:

Sure she might not have been a vegan a year or two ago!
    Loads of people have gone vegan in the past few years.

Vegan or not Vegan, that is the question. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Laois_Man wrote:
    Seriously lads and ladies. I don't normally watch Fair City after the bright evenings come in anyway. But after reading the above spoilers, I am definitely out!

Yep, me too, grimm....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,932 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Seriously lads and ladies. I don't normally watch Fair City after the bright evenings come in anyway. But after reading the above spoilers, I am definitely out!

And they have ditched the Katy storyline yet again. This is crazy stuff : show her for a couple of weeks, then park the storyline, show her for a couple of weeks and then park the storyline. They've been doing this months with the plot going absolutely nowhere. No wonder viewers are up in arms over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Strazdas wrote: »
    And they have ditched the Katy storyline yet again. This is crazy stuff : show her for a couple of weeks, then park the storyline, show her for a couple of weeks and then park the storyline. They've been doing this months with the plot going absolutely nowhere. No wonder viewers are up in arms over it.

Yet Paul, Nimah and the plan has been non-stop since about last August:(

Just throwing it out there, but how do you reckon the writers end this car crash that is the Plan? Will they just allow it go on indefinitely, or can they put an end to it? At least with K T they can end it, no matter how silly they end it the end is K Ts release or death.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,932 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »
    Just throwing it out there, but how do you reckon the writers end this car crash that is the Plan? Will they just allow it go on indefinitely, or can they put an end to it? At least with K T they can end it, no matter how silly they end it the end is K Ts release or death.

I assume it must end with Paul finding out that Niamh stole his money, that she knew all along about he and Hayley and also that she's sleeping with the Yank bloke. But it is certainly one of their bizarrest storylines ever, I'm not sure I can make head nor tail of it.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I assume it must end with Paul finding out that Niamh stole his money, that she knew all along about he and Hayley and also that she's sleeping with the Yank bloke. But it is certainly one of their bizarrest storylines ever, I'm not sure I can make head nor tail of it.

And how do they keep Paulio and Niamh together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Is Spillane's warehouse near LHs workshop? Maybe Robbie's ma will find KT, especially if she's a good thorough cleaner. She'll at least find the note scrunched up. Good theory?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement