Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

walshb wrote: »
    Just throwing it out there, but how do you reckon the writers end this car crash that is the Plan? Will they just allow it go on indefinitely, or can they put an end to it? At least with K T they can end it, no matter how silly they end it the end is K Ts release or death.

Paul will no doubt find out that Niamh was the catalyst to all his losses, either after she slips up with Marcus or more likely Oisin will trace something back to her, then he will tell Paul who wont believe him, Niamh will threaten him, Oisin will end up convincing someone else, Paul will confront Niamh, who gets angry and admits it but only because of all his affairs. He will kick her out, she stays with Orla for a day or two, Paul realises hes been a dcik, begs for Niamh to come back and they both agree: No more stealing or affairs for at least a year.

Niamh and Paul aint going anywhere sadly so the 100% guaranteed end result is they will end up happily back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I was abroad last week. Got a chance to watch all four episodes in a row today.

Nothing really happened.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I was abroad last week. Got a chance to watch all four episodes in a row today.

Nothing really happened.

Four episodes or four months worth of episodes? Either way nothing changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Paul will no doubt find out that Niamh was the catalyst to all his losses, either after she slips up with Marcus or more likely Oisin will trace something back to her, then he will tell Paul who wont believe him, Niamh will threaten him, Oisin will end up convincing someone else, Paul will confront Niamh, who gets angry and admits it but only because of all his affairs. He will kick her out, she stays with Orla for a day or two, Paul realises hes been a dcik, begs for Niamh to come back and they both agree: No more stealing or affairs for at least a year.

Niamh and Paul aint going anywhere sadly so the 100% guaranteed end result is they will end up happily back together.

Don't forget Ruth's comments about them fighting and her coloring a few pictures!

Don't forget Ruth's comments about them fighting and her coloring a few pictures!

Oh yeah I forgot! That's another completely probable scenario: Just as Niamh has her bags packed yet again ( I don't know why she just doesn't flit off into the night that would prevent heart attacks, affairs being revealed and nosy Nicolas looking at her passport), Ruthie shows her a pic of the family and mutters some crap like "Mammy I'm so happy you and daddy don't fight anymore, I love you both forever". Cue a load of tears, Niamh deciding enough is enough then staying with Paul forever!

The pathetic thing about Niamh now is that she has had more chances to leave Paul now than KT has had to escape and something always comes in the way to prevent it. First she was leaving him on Christmas, then Valentines, what next- Easter ha ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Well he'll run out of money soon. 100k down for the fake passports, lost 80k cash. He cleared his mortgage, even if he had the money to do that. That leaves him with 220k. They smuggled him out of the country twice. I wonder did they charge him the second time? How much did his flights and his and Bens medication cost him? It's Jo isn't too bothered but Ben would be considered an abducted child at this stage. It wouldn't take long to find that comic addict.

But.......all the above is irrelevant while Zoe remains in the Gallapagos
    I wonder have Dermot and Ben settled into their new life by now ?

I wonder who will casually leave their mobile, passport, airline tickets, suspicious evidense lying about this week? Or go back somewhere to get their keys, phone, handbag.....etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I like that Niamh has just assumed this stranger has no family or girlfriend and is willing to leave the "poverty stricken" husband she hates and the two up two down terraced house and a business with the woman who was sh@gging her husband for this slimy stranger.

Where is Binjummmmin getting the life saving treatment he needs for his illness these days. A year ago he couldn't even get it in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Where is Binjummmmin getting the life saving treatment he needs for his illness these days. A year ago he couldn't even get it in Ireland.

Jo might have been an irritating wagon but there's no chance in hell she wouldn't be looking for her son. Would be a story tailor made for the Daily Mail in real life and would generate a ton of press in general but this is FC so logic doesn't apply.

Honest & clean living accountant swindles his friend out of everything, takes his son who has a serious illness and disappears into the ether. Tabloid journos wet dream!!

• Advertisement

Sounds like a job for Hard Hitting Journalist......Nina! She flys in from London to cover Stripey riding the Ram but no interest in 800k embezzlement and kidnap

[quote="drugstore
    cowboy;103053246"]Jo might have been an irritating wagon but there's no chance in hell she wouldn't be looking for her son. Would be a story tailor made for the Daily Mail in real life and would generate a ton of press in general but this is FC so logic doesn't apply.

Honest & clean living accountant swindles his friend out of everything, takes his son who has a serious illness and disappears into the ether. Tabloid journos wet dream!![/quote]

Sounds like a job for Hard Hitting Journalist......Nina! She flys in from London to cover Stripey riding the Ram but no interest in 800k embezzlement and kidnap

[quote="drugstore
    cowboy;103053246"]Jo might have been an irritating wagon but there's no chance in hell she wouldn't be looking for her son. Would be a story tailor made for the Daily Mail in real life and would generate a ton of press in general but this is FC so logic doesn't apply.

Honest & clean living accountant swindles his friend out of everything, takes his son who has a serious illness and disappears into the ether. Tabloid journos wet dream!![/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 56,438 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Callum looks like an extra from the The Lost Boys!

Jim Bartley got paid 459 euro for that few lines. Good old FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I gotta say ...Decco is good :)

This is beyond cringe at this stage!

Paulio, you tit. Check you bank...you took in over a million euro the past couple weeks and what's on your mind is how the tips are split from your poxy airport run?

Sweet Jesus Nora, you are 85 years old, bad enough that you are lifting scales and doing manual factory work, now you insist on investigating the local scumbag for evidence of drugs. Why on earth would she care?? Give yourself a break and go down to the bingo!

Remember when Decco and Sash had storylines....sigh, now its just Kerri Ann vs Decco part 564 whilst matchmaker Sash stands in the background and sighs.

Crap episode, everything seems to be going backwards. The only good thing about this show is Oisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Nora is literally one of the worst characters in a long time. So many reasons to believe Cathal is dodgy but then is dumbfounded to discover drugs. Then instead of running a mile she decides to become a detective, because, drugs are bad...mmkay?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Sweet Jesus Nora, you are 85 years old, bad enough that you are lifting scales and doing manual factory work, now you insist on investigating the local scumbag for evidence of drugs. Why on earth would she care?? Give yourself a break and go down to the bingo!

Remember when Decco and Sash had storylines....sigh, now its just Kerri Ann vs Decco part 564 whilst matchmaker Sash stands in the background and sighs.

Crap episode, everything seems to be going backwards. The only good thing about this show is Oisin.
    Is that the fella with the eye liner and also talks with a funny accent?

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Is that the fella with the eye liner and also talks with a funny accent?

Yep, if youre not familiar with him stick around he has some genius one liners and plays his character very well. A joy to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Poor Bela, once a main character but now just a pointless extra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Callum, youre my son, and I love you. But dont ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.

Don Paulino

• Registered Users Posts: 86,828 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just throwing it out there, but how do you reckon the writers end this car crash that is the Plan? Will they just allow it go on indefinitely, or can they put an end to it? At least with K T they can end it, no matter how silly they end it the end is K Ts release or death.

I hope Marcus the Yank takes everything from Paul and Niamh, Rachel returns and takes Ruth back to Spain, Oisin marries Charlotte and takes over their lock up and Callum and Jane go off to see Dermot and Ben

I swear, 80% of FC episodes have ended with Niamh smirking into the camera. It's a joke. Just call it The Brennan Show and give The Ram his own spinoff.

How many feckin "contracts" can old cleaning lady have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Poor Bela, once a main character but now just a pointless extra

Exactly why dont RTE just pay the leech off, but NO. He one of the "till death we will employ you", this fupping thing is a joke.

And while Im at it Paul and Niamh's lines are like the Tongue Twisters from Bosco.
    And that reminds me have the writers from Bosco been given their jobs back as FC writers

Troy doesn't really strike me as an international, Ibiza level DJ. Maybe he might do an odd 40th at the Rugby club

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Decco must be some craic to live with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Callum looks like an extra from the The Lost Boys!

Well in fairness they have to find ways to spend the licence fee RTE want doubled

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement