Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I'm not a drug dealer.......but that's not a scale one uses for coke/heroin unless you're Pablo Escobar! If that was a pile of coke on the ground it was a few grands worth. You think they'd know a bit more about the white stuff in RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Exactly why dont RTE just pay the leech off, but NO. He one of the "till death we will employ you", this fupping thing is a joke.

And while Im at it Paul and Niamh's lines are like the Tongue Twisters from Bosco.
    And that reminds me have the writers from Bosco been given their jobs back as FC writers

In fairness Bosco was a lot more credible than anything in the plan storyline:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

In fairness Bosco was a lot more credible than anything in the plan storyline:D

Bosco: Well Fair City fans let's see what's behind the magic door
    It's the ram riding his latest conquest boys and girls!

I'm actually not going to watch again till May 17th.

I also promised myself I will run 3km every second day, 5km once a week and get up to 10km before June. And do the Dublin City Marathon in 2018. I also swore off soft drinks for Lent.

Honestly, this is actually me out for the next week at least. I'm watching on catch up right now and I can't handle this. The suspense is so horrible, my heart is in my mouth, my anxiety disorder is off the charts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I'm not a drug dealer.......but that's not a scale one uses for coke/heroin unless you're Pablo Escobar! If that was a pile of coke on the ground it was a few grands worth. You think they'd know a bit more about the white stuff in RTE

It reminded me of when I was ordering a new digital scales from Amazon for the kitchen. The scales had a 'customers who bought this also bought' selection including tiny seal-able plastic bags :D

Like this one
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EPO9M2Y?psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I take it there's no LH/KT/Header storyline until at least next Sunday week. I haven't seen it mentioned in any spoilers posted. FFS I actually miss them when Niamh & Paul are on (which seems to be 100% of the time). :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Cormdogg wrote: »
    How many feckin "contracts" can old cleaning lady have?

She a right little scrubber

Aren't RTE a right shower of smug gob****es? JFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Paul should get a job stalking shelves in Marks n Spencer's.

• Advertisement

The Irish Times contacted RTE to enquire whether it took petitions of this sort seriously. “They’re a bit of fun and it proves just how invested our viewers get in the show,” said a spokesperson for the show. So that would be a “no”.

Big stories for Fair City are planned up to two years in advance, the spokesperson explained. “We know where they are heading and how they interlock with other stories. Watching the viewers discover that is a big part of the fun for us.”

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

fin12 wrote: »
    Paul should get a job stalking shelves in Marks n Spencer's.
    If he hadn't used his stalk on Hayley he'd be grand now

If he hadn't used his stalk on Hayley he'd be grand now

Well him having an affair with Hayley doesn't warrant all this sh*t Niamh is doing to him, Niamh is pure nasty.

So basically Nora is the new Debbie and will star in hostage take 3.

i really hate Niamh, she's emotionally abusing Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Go on Paul say the line" hang samwiches".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,932 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    So basically Nora is the new Debbie and will star in hostage take 3.

The Nora storyline is almost an exact rehash of the Debbie one : starts working for him, becomes suspicious of him and then starts snooping on him.

BINGO!

RTE's idea of "interlocking stories" are characters inexplicably knowning each other, bumping into each other in Spar and instant best friends with other characters they've never shared a scene with. Yet some characters completely seem to forget they actions or their previous interactions with each other. EG Robbie & Callum
    Strazdas wrote: »
    The Nora storyline is almost an exact rehash of the Debbie one : starts working for him, becomes suspicious of him and then starts snooping on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Yep, if youre not familiar with him stick around he has some genius one liners and plays his character very well. A joy to watch.
    I can't stand the sight of him, he must have the most punchable head in fair city.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No katy again this last few episodes. Getting ridiculous now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

whelan2 wrote: »
    It was"ridiculous " last September! But at least we could get a laugh on the thread about it then which is the only thing that matters! Now it's just, it's just happening, merely just happening!

Since Dermishh left we have ran out of anecdotes for The Plan also and to call it a mess would be insulting a mess.

Well sure we always have "CSI Nora" to laugh at. Looking forward to the siege.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I cant understand how Eoghan was charged and brought to court in Jig time and Cathal is carrying on as nothing ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,932 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

whelan2 wrote: »

They've been doing this for six months. Show her for a few weeks and then drop her again. It's a ridiculous way to cover a kidnapping storyline. In a way, they are completely trivialising it and certainly ruining any sense of drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Strazdas wrote: »
    They've been doing this for six months. Show her for a few weeks and then drop her again. It's a ridiculous way to cover a kidnapping storyline. In a way, they are completely trivialising it and certainly ruining any sense of drama.
    Wouldn't you think they'd have shown how Debbie coped on Mothers day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sligojoek wrote: »
    I cant understand how Eoghan was charged and brought to court in Jig time and Cathal is carrying on as nothing ever happened.

His constant returning to the scene of the crimeS is bizarre! Cathal is a played well by Eric Lalor but the timing of his returns and his constant avoidance of garda intervention takes all that away.

He only returns to the same village to engage in another crime and saunters around the main street bumping into his victims all day like the cat that has got the cream!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Very good point there ! That might have been too realistic for the writers :rolleyes:

If they had thought sbout it properly they could've had a good episode of both Debbie and Rose drowning their sorrows, trying to cope with life.

The writers sent little Ruthie off on a 'sponsored walk' and no one has seen her since.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,438 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Give us a shout when the Nora-Spillane siege begins, Don't think I can sit through Spillane popping up everywhere and anywhere for the next 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

She'd look glum and might tell a story about what KT did for her one mothers day when she was small.

I'm glad they didn't show it tbh

yawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Her and The ram probably need a rest Spring is a busy season for them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement