Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Sure they skipped Paddys day. Apart from Christmas and of course International Womens day they don't mark any occasion. Does anyone ever celebrate a birthday? Poor Menopausal Jane being the exception
    sligojoek wrote: »
    Wouldn't you think they'd have shown how Debbie coped on Mothers day

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Sure they skipped Paddys day. Apart from Christmas and of course International Womens day they don't mark any occasion. Does anyone ever celebrate a birthday? Poor Menopausal Jane being the exception

They had some randomers wearing Paddy's day hats on Sunday morning and they were the cleanest, just-out-of-the-plastic-wrapper hats I've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

LaurenHeadshot2-400x475.jpg

1754484986-time-goes-by-so-fast-people-go-in-and-out-of-your-life-you-must-never-miss-the-opportunity-to-tell-these-people-how-much-they-mean-to-you5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

turtle-with-magnifying-glass-copy.jpg

I have somebody over there on the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Just tuned in for the first time in ages. Why is the Don carrying a traffic warden hat? New job?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Jesus that Kerri - Ann is so grating, she has to be the single biggest idiot on the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

First time in ages that I've been in the house watching television and not put on fair city. Think the tumbleweeds in this thread says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Is anyone here watching it?? I think the writers must be looking at my posts. Now everyone is saying straight out to Niamhs face "Why don't you just leave Paul?". Carol hit the nail on the head, its because she doesn't want to. She really is a stupid pitiful excuse for a woman, all these months plotting revenge now she wont leave him and using the Ruthie card makes no sense because what did she expect would happen there when she did leave him.

Oisin on fire tonight with Bella "Alone with your chess set eh? How long are your days!". :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 56,456 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cazale wrote: »
    First time in ages that I've been in the house watching television and not put on fair city. Think the tumbleweeds in this thread says it all.

I'm kinda of out...it's just too lame..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Watching Fair City on +1

Paul looks well in his uniform. Takes the bald head off of him:D

A really big problem i have with FC is that it is completely dominated by one actress/character, Clelia Murphy/Niamh Cassidy. Fair City have created a monster!

Seemingly Niamh's behaviour is the 'sophisticated' modern woman's way to handle an affair in the eyes of Fair City writers! The only problem is it is totally unrealistic.

Give Niamh a break for 6 mts and followed up by a few storylines like Bob and Cass get and it would work wonders for the show. I never remember one character being so central to a soap, and not in a good way, before.

• Advertisement

And as for Nora.. Beyond ridiculous.. A pensioner cleaner like herself all gung ho ready to take on a drug lord.

Well the pensioners in Carrigstown must be a lot different to the ones i know.

We know the verbals for the siege already..

Spillane 'It was none of your business but you had to go sticking your nosey beak in..'

Nora 'I'm sorry don't kill me, please..'

nagdefy wrote: »
    Watching Fair City on +1

A really big problem i have with FC is that it is completely dominated by one actress/character, Clelia Murphy/Niamh Cassidy. Fair City have created a monster!

Seemingly Niamh's behaviour is the 'sophisticated' modern woman's way to handle an affair in the eyes of Fair City writers! The only problem is it is totally unrealistic.

Give Niamh a break for 6 mts and followed up by a few storylines like Bob and Cass get and it would work wonders for the show. I never remember one character being so central to a soap, and not in a good way, before.

I wonder if Clelia Murphy is one of the top paid actors on the show? If the average actor gets paid €459 per day and let's say they are only part time (Decco for example), then what must someone who is never off the bloody screen make?!

I remember years ago Rita and Bela were the top paid actors and no one could touch them.

youwould wrote: »
    I wonder if Clelia Murphy is one of the top paid actors on the show? If the average actor gets paid €459 per day and let's say they are only part time (Decco for example), then what must someone who is never off the bloody screen make?!

I remember years ago Rita and Bela were the top paid actors and no one could touch them.

You'd imagine herself and Tormey are. For air time as you say. I feel an awful overdose of her at the moment!

3 mts ago we debated whether the show was ever so poor for so long. Well we are all in agreement now i'd imagine. Desperate stuff at the moment..

For ages WE were saying how ridiculous it was that Paul didn't have his own office at the marketplace building. He was always using Niamh's desk for some reason. Now all of a sudden the downstairs area has a lovely new office.

You'd imagine herself and Tormey are. For air time as you say. I feel an awful overdose of her at the moment!

3 mts ago we debated whether the show was ever so poor for so long. Well we are all in agreement now i'd imagine. Desperate stuff at the moment..

The last few nights have been nothing short of painful. I actually like the storyline with Heather. It might not be accurate for brain injuries and/or mental illness but it's much better than someone continually stroking their own ****ing ego whilst at the same time taking down their husband (even as I type it sounds like such crap).

Bring back loopy Lucy and get rid of Niamh/Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

What school holds it's sports day in March? It's normally around the end of the school year isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Shakyfan wrote: »
    What school holds it's sports day in March?

The same school that hasn't noticed that two of their 6th class pupils are missing

Paul is starting a change jar for his share of a few tips yet his wife still has 2 successful businesses and he has 2 rental properties???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Does Cathal have the ram in his freezer?

youwould wrote: »
    The last few nights have been nothing short of painful. I actually like the storyline with Heather. It might not be accurate for brain injuries and/or mental illness but it's much better than someone continually stroking their own ****ing ego whilst at the same time taking down their husband (even as I type it sounds like such crap).

Bring back loopy Lucy and get rid of Niamh/Paul.

Totally agree. At least with Heather you don't know what's going to happen next! She can explode at any moment, at times you think she might be playing up the injury and know more about Ciaran than she's letting on.

• Advertisement

Christ this absolute tripe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Des Cahill has the ram in his freezer?

Jesus, now that would be a plot...............

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Watching Fair City on +1

She could easily be written out of the show and nobody would notice in terms of a quality drop (LOL). Like, nobody would say 'let's bring Niamh back, she was an essential character'.

I actually have no problem with the likes of Bela and Charlie still being around for their ten weeks a year or whatever it is because every soap needs those type of characters because it reflects how people genuinely do live on streets for decades.

But someone like Niamh can only go so far, we don't need her to be so upfront in the storylines because they are becoming boring. I genuinely don't care about Paul and Niamh.

Jesus the writers and cast didn't even try on this episode. So Cathal's keeping Noraon yea? And....bingo Troy forgets his_wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's going downhill badly. The Nora/Cathal thing is beyond ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

In what universe does an old woman, who should be enjoying life on her pension, take on a job as the sole cleaner in a large warehouse and five minutes later is playing Miss Marple trying to catch a crook?

I'll tell ya what Universe.....THE FAIR CITY universe !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My biggest issue with Nora cleaning the warehouse is she's doing a terrible job!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great line by Cathal to Deegan tonight as he went to look in the freezer- "Youll get your big promotion if you find Katy OBrien in there" :D

Woeful episode otherwise though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,456 ✭✭✭✭walshb

sligojoek wrote: »
    It's going downhill badly. The Nora/Cathal thing is beyond ridiculous.

It's been scraping the barrel many months now. Really, Anthing recently and now is simply keeping with the flow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Great line by Cathal to Deegan tonight as he went to look in the freezer- "Youll get your big promotion if you find Katy OBrien in there" :D

Woeful episode otherwise though.

Speaking of Deegan, where has he been for the KT investigation? The 'Whispering Detective' would have it sorted by now along with figuring out the 'Plan' labyrinth!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement