Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

nagdefy wrote: »
    "It is not that simple, I cant just up and leave for no reason just after he goes broke"

says Niamh

Im so confused. What was the object of the plan?????Anyone?

I'm growing to like Marcus, despite his suit, etc. He put it to Niamh straight tonight that she was a coward happy to live in her fearfull limbo. Fair play he said to her to leave Paul or don't come with him to Dubai.
    Marcus must have a "Louie Copland" loyalty card!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Catching up on a couple of episodes today.

Spillane: "would ya like a leg for Easter?" Quote of the week!

Ruthie is a fine little actor, I love when she has a few lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

threetrees wrote: »
    Catching up on a couple of episodes today.

Spillane: "would ya like a leg for Easter?" Quote of the week!

Ruthie is a fine little actor, I love when she has a few lines.

Anytime Ruth has any lines , someone always tells her to, "go get your schoolbag," go watch your video, go away! .. They're afraid she'll outstage them and they'd be right... Poor child, hope she doesn't turn out to be a 'lifer', like her Ma and Da.

I'd be willing to pay double the TV license fee to watch this crap, (said no one ever) except ..Dee Forbes.... Honestly, why are these amateurs paid Hollywood fees?.. They have to sell off some RTE land to keep these people employed... I'm gonna get meself a 9" device to avoid the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I'd be willing to pay double the TV license fee to watch this crap, (said no one ever) except ..Dee Forbes.... Honestly, why are these amateurs paid Hollywood fees?.. They have to sell off some RTE land to keep these people employed... I'm gonna get meself a 9" device to avoid the fee.

wont work - already RTE has said they want to increase the fee and if not already doing it, want it to be even if you watch anything RTE on a tablet/phone/pc you have to have a TV Licence

• Advertisement

I heard Bressie on a Local Radio show today and they was talking about "the voice of Ireland" on RTE and saying about how unfair it was when people compared it to the UK voice and the Budget what RTE get compared to BBC to produce shows - so I know we go on about bad acting and bad storylines in FC but should we really compare FC with UK soaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I heard Bressie on a Local Radio show today and they was talking about "the voice of Ireland" on RTE and saying about how unfair it was when people compared it to the UK voice and the Budget what RTE get compared to BBC to produce shows - so I know we go on about bad acting and bad storylines in FC but should we really compare FC with UK soaps?

The million and one plot holes in the plan storyline was nothing to do with budgets

The million and one plot holes in the plan storyline was nothing to do with budgets

there might be better storylines if there was a bigger budget? - with this plan plot its obviously made up by the writers ... maybe with more budget the show would come up with more believable storylines and not storylines like the er ..plan!

there might be better storylines if there was a bigger budget? - with this plan plot its obviously made up by the writers ... maybe with more budget the show would come up with more believable storylines and not storylines like the er ..plan!

The show has an €11m budget already! You want them to up it??

Did I read hear that FC has their storylines planned out 2 years in advance? Or was I dreaming that?.... I find that impossible, really, how can 6000 writer's plan storylines 2 years ahead.. :confused:

It must get confusing for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,612 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe RTE could ask Niamh for a loan of some of the plan money to write a good story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,843 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Had to laugh at Carol on to Niamh about Ruthie, where is Jack again

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

If the near 500euro a day wage is true then Jim Bartley has earned over a grand this week for a couple of token lines and moving a chess piece Not bad if you can get it. If RTE are looking to save money they know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    If the near 500euro a day wage is true then Jim Bartley has earned over a grand this week for a couple of token lines and moving a chess piece Not bad if you can get it. If RTE are looking to save money they know where to start.

Jim Bartley is in poor health in real life and has difficulties standing for long periods of time, I don't mind Bella at all, he is a FC legend and its great to see him every now and then, enjoy him while you can as I'm sure he will have to quit FC permanently at some stage. At least he was at the centre of some great storylines back in the day unlike Paul and Niamh who play the same storyline over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

I like Bella Doyle and Jim plays him well. I'd like to see some more Doyles return from Oz and Barca to give him something more to stress over than Ruthie who seems to be his only relative left in Carraigstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

FC compares favorably in my opinion to Coronation St and Emmerdale. All soaps go through periods of very poor storylines and repetitive affair storylines over and over. FC has dragged out this Paul/Niamh story and the Katy one way too long and we could certainly do without storylines such as Cristiano and Troy or Decco and Kerry's communication problems. All that Square Dealer and Les/Cilla/Janice stories in Corrie turned me off it a lot in the early to mid 2000s. At the same time, FC had the Billy Meehan storyline which was way better. At present, FC is suffering from 2 stories that have been milked dry but with Cathal back, let's hope we get something good down the line. Pairing him up with Nora Miss Marple is not such a good idea for a story imo but I may be wrong.

That said and done, FC is about the only thing I watch on RTE and I'd rather watch FC at its poorest than a minute of their reality drivel. Programmes like The Voice whether it is the UK or Irish version is a major part of why modern TV is awful. Way too much of this type of stuff on ALL channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

How does budget create extremely poor and flawed storylines? There's no excuse for the rinse repeat syndrome and shocking lack of continuity.

The writers pool is just anothet govt. quango. Must be a sweet golden goose if you can get the gig! Write what ever you like, no accountability for producing pure sh*te.

ah yes undoubtedly there has been a few times where I found FC to be better than Eastenders and corrie to be honest, and they must get less of a budget than them 2 surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

ah yes undoubtedly there has been a few times where I found FC to be better than Eastenders and corrie to be honest, and they must get less of a budget than them 2 surely?

Much less I would say. EE and Corrie's budget would be at least ten times higher, probably more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I share my birthday with Jake!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Niamh's delivery is cringe inducing.

• Advertisement

Spillane is brilliant, they've actually given him some good lines.

By the Rose was going on you'd swear that Debbie and Tommy owned the house!

For someone who's had as many affairs as Paul Brennan he's pretty oblivious to the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Glebee

I hope she picks up those files when she's finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Go Rose!! 'Mousey housewife'!!

It took me ages to remember who Paula was!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,469 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Niamh, you wagon. You are not leaving. Shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Business over breakfast on a Sunday if course. Niamh is dressed for the office

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is the sound out of sync, or is my TV fecking up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Geraldine Plunkett had a voice when younger i'd say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement