Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,613 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Someone asked Amilia Clarke Stewart (KT) on her instagram about when she's getting out, safe to say she didn't take very kindly to it, she must be as fed up with it as all of us.

She must hate that guy that started the petition so!

Seriously tough she doesn't take well to any form of criticism regarding the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Seriously tough she doesn't take well to any form of criticism regarding the story!

Well she didn't write it so maybe she's not comfortable with taking criticism for something for which she has no control?
    It must be horrible to be associated with that farce of a storyline at this stage, particularly knowing that FC has form for overblowing and draaaagging out a storyline only to wrap it up suddenly and unsatisfactorily - why should we expect this one to be any more than another damp squib?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

dee_mc wrote: »
    Well she didn't write it so maybe she's not comfortable with taking criticism for something for which she has no control?
    It must be horrible to be associated with that farce of a storyline at this stage, particularly knowing that FC has form for overblowing and draaaagging out a storyline only to wrap it up suddenly and unsatisfactorily - why should we expect this one to be any more than another damp squib?

It's in the ha'penny place compared to poor owl Esther waiting to be buried by Bunion Kelly!

I honestly don't know. I have heard of a few people contacting her on social media and they seem to get a very blunt response saying it's a brilliant story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

What would be your opinion if Ciaran actually did kill KT and then went on to kill Heather and then Renee ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I honestly don't know. I have heard of a few people contacting her on social media and they seem to get a very blunt response saying it's a brilliant story!

What else can she say though?
    Realistically she can either ignore the comments (rude), agree with them and slate the storyline (unprofessional and putting her job at risk), or give the standard 'glad the brilliant storyline has got everyone talking' response (insincere but the safest road!)

What would be your opinion if Ciaran actually did kill KT and then went on to kill Heather and then Renee ?

I think they could do a very good story with Ciaran killing somebody who finds out about him having Katy and in his desperation he snaps and kills them. The murder should result in his downfall tough and him getting caught for holding Katy captive. It shouldn't be drawn out too long tough.
    Our last scenes of Ciaran should be him confessing everything to Farrah and Katy being released to her family and due to Rose's possible dementia she should have Katy forgotten. Ciaran last scene should be him leaving in a Garda car and Farrah rubbing her baby bump.

What else can she say though?
    Realistically she can either ignore the comments (rude), agree with them and slate the storyline (unprofessional and putting her job at risk), or give the standard 'glad the brilliant storyline has got everyone talking' response (insincere but the safest road!)

I get what your saying but the manner she's responding to people is meant to be a bit stern.(If you know what I mean?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

walshb wrote: »

It's in the ha'penny place compared to poor owl Mags waiting to be buried by Bunion Kelly!

Mags is well buried at this stage but Esther wasn't.
    The difference is though, Joan Brosnan Walsh was written out because she had MND and they had time to plan the story about her death and aftermath obviously in consultation with her wishes and those of her family.
    It is possible that Eileen Colgans family didn't want anything done or had specifically asked for nothing to bensure done.
    Other actresses/characters have died in real life and it was just referred to in the show but they didn't go all out for funeral etc like Hannah Finnegan, Eunice Phelan and Ursula Cruise...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Next week:
    Ciaran cant shake Katy out of her depression. Alannah interrupts him in the lock up and Ciaran is surprised to find Katy doesn't even try and scream or shout out. Katy tells Ciaran to please kill her as she has lost all hope
    Marcus gives Niamh an ultimatum to pick him or Paul. she loses her nerve at last minute and picks Paul (didn't see that coming!) but Ruth caught her kissing Marcus. Niamh tells Carol that she and Ruth are going to move to Barcelona....that's also not going to happen

^ Its satisfying to be so right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Mags is well buried at this stage but Esther wasn't.
    The difference is though, Joan Brosnan Walsh was written out because she had MND and they had time to plan the story about her death and aftermath obviously in consultation with her wishes and those of her family.
    It is possible that Eileen Colgans family didn't want anything done or had specifically asked for nothing to bensure done.
    Other actresses/characters have died in real life and it was just referred to in the show but they didn't go all out for funeral etc like Hannah Finnegan, Eunice Phelan and Ursula Cruise...

I'd say it depends on the character who dies and their ties to the show itself. For example, when Mondo's mother (and Ray's ex) Angela died they just had a few sandwiches the next day in Ray's place and he couldn't even be bothered to come home for it! However, Angela was not integral to the show and had only been around for a few weeks after an absence of about 10 years. When Christy died, his illness was drawn out and resulted in Farrah, Renee and Hughie returning, all big characters of the same family who hadn't been seen in years. His funeral was on over a few days and we got to see the wake in the house, the funeral mass, burial and afters.

That's why I can't understand why they glossed over Esther's death so easily. She was married to Charlie, a character since episode #1 and had a major storyline with her biological son born with a serious deformity. And he was the father of a child born into the Doyle family, another long standing FC family!

The Ram and Stripey..FFS, the pope and Paisley had more fooking chemistry...

Jesus, Niamh...this Marcus lad is a bit intense! Get d fook ouha there..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

She said it.

"Im leaving you."

sligojoek wrote: »
    She said it.

"Im leaving you."

Given the perfect excuse to by Paulio's ridiculous pointless confession..by tomorrow they'll be back together.

Niamh is spending too much time with Marcus. She's finishing every sentence with an american accent.

Not heroin, coke, people smuggling, prostitution, racketeering...no, that would be too obvious....dodgy meat seller is a much better angle!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why? Why would Paul, all of a sudden and out of absolutely NOWHERE, admit to his clearly p!ssed off wife that he had an affair with Hayley MONTHS ago? Now what the hell would that have achieved only to make his life even more miserable than it is.

Not that it changes things. As Nicola said, Niamh is absolutely:

ed8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'll watch it now for a complete laugh. It assists sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

A plan to keep Troy in Dublin... that's just what we need!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Christ that episode waa thrown together, Christ Niamh's face, Christ Detective Norah, Christ almighty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

threetrees wrote: »
    Úna with the fada! Her name was tatooed on Keith's arse, fada and all.

IIRC Didn't Úna have a road to Damascus moment and go off to the missions in Africa or was that a dream I had.

I don't think I've seen anyone drink an orange juice, in a pub in Ireland since me Ma ordered a Britvic when she was pregnant with me younger brother, in Lisdoonvarna in 1985

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

The fact that this thread has died says it all really

4 times Cathal/Jake/Nora/Alma/Ama bumped into each on the street tonight

Cormdogg wrote: »
    4 times Cathal/Jake/Nora/Alma/Ama bumped into each on the street tonight

All in the same order

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Ah here...Eoins new boss/love interest is gas. "Youre great at giving advice" she tells him...."why not impart some to the group in the community centre?"

Eoins timetable for the next few weeks:
    Lesson 1- How to get your wife to have an affair with your best mate
    Lesson 2 - Five easy steps to living with mammy in your forties
    Lesson 3 - Building and nurturing toxic relationships with your stepchild
    Lesson 4 - Reduce your household bills by getting your daughter kidnapped

Give it another week or two and I'll be outside in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

The fact that this thread has died says it all really

It's time for someone to bring on the Gimp and the Defibulator asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jesus, does everyone in Carrigstown not get tired of bumping into each other three or four times a day and being stalked or being the stalker? The Spar is becoming the new social club.

The first half of tonight's episode consisted of Paul and Niamh in Spar repeating lines from previous episodes with Carol in the background. Paul leaves and Carol approaches and they repeat lines from previous episodes concerning Marcus. Then Marcus comes in because he just happens to be hanging outside and sees Paul leaving Spar all grumpy so correctly assumes Niamh must be inside. "Hey, what's up with Paul?". A few lines uttered, repeated from previous episodes and he leaves without buying anything.

Meanwhile, Dean and Troy are also in the Spar repeating lines from previous episodes and coincidentally, Oisin just happens to walk in and see them as he was looking for them to offer Dean a DJ gig.

Outside, Jake and Nora are repeating lines from previous episodes about Cathal and then Cathal just appears from nowhere and says to Nora 'is he hassling you?" Nora walks off and Amma just happens to be passing by and crosses the road to repeat lines from previous episodes with Jake.

Later, Nora just happens to meet Cathal in the street again and manages to get a spare set of keys from him just as Jake happens to be walking by and asks Nora 'was he hassling you?' before being told she got the keys and they can get into the warehouse. But then, Amma just happens to be walking by and asks Jake to go for a coffee but he lies.

Then Niamh and Marcus are in McCoys repeating lines from previous episodes about Paul and Paul just happens to walk into McCoys.................

I mean, how many times a day can you walk up and down the street, in and out of Spar and the local pub bumping into the same people. Do they have nothing better to do?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement