Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Every Fair City Episide Ever!
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Jesus, does everyone in Carrigstown not get tired of bumping into each other three or four times a day and being stalked or being the stalker? The Spar is becoming the new social club.

The first half of tonight's episode consisted of Paul and Niamh in Spar repeating lines from previous episodes with Carol in the background. Paul leaves and Carol approaches and they repeat lines from previous episodes concerning Marcus. Then Marcus comes in because he just happens to be hanging outside and sees Paul leaving Spar all grumpy so correctly assumes Niamh must be inside. "Hey, what's up with Paul?". A few lines uttered, repeated from previous episodes and he leaves without buying anything.

Meanwhile, Dean and Troy are also in the Spar repeating lines from previous episodes and coincidentally, Oisin just happens to walk in and see them as he was looking for them to offer Dean a DJ gig.

Outside, Jake and Nora are repeating lines from previous episodes about Cathal and then Cathal just appears from nowhere and says to Nora 'is he hassling you?" Nora walks off and Amma just happens to be passing by and crosses the road to repeat lines from previous episodes with Jake.

Later, Nora just happens to meet Cathal in the street again and manages to get a spare set of keys from him just as Jake happens to be walking by and asks Nora 'was he hassling you?' before being told she got the keys and they can get into the warehouse. But then, Amma just happens to be walking by and asks Jake to go for a coffee but he lies.

Then Niamh and Marcus are in McCoys repeating lines from previous episodes about Paul and Paul just happens to walk into McCoys.................

I mean, how many times a day can you walk up and down the street, in and out of Spar and the local pub bumping into the same people. Do they have nothing better to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,613 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The body of Dean's tracksuit matches his hair and the sleeves matches his beard!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    IIRC Didn't Úna have a road to Damascus moment and go off to the missions in Africa or was that a dream I had.

Yes. She got fed up of Keeh and Dublin so off she went. I believe her brother was Turlough (he was killed by a dodgy mirror IIRC). Aisling Bea played their sister, Cliodhna, who was dating a guy called Ringo.. played by Keeh Duffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

This Niamh/Paul/Marcus story and indeed the greater Niamh saga in general is boring and drawn out. It is nearly a year now since Paul started this affair with Hayley and Dermot got sick. While the Dermot side of things has been resolved (he gets better and flees), this whole add-on bit with Marcus only serves to draw out a story that has lost its interest a long time ago. Seeing Niamh's smug grin and her excuses to Carol is sickening. Last night, there was some movement anyway with Paul at last finding out Niamh is leaving him. Let's hope he cops on and he, Oisin, Callum, Charlotte, Robbie, Carol and all others (why not throw in Marcus too who will find out what she is really like!) who have been hurt in some way by Niamh set her up and destroy her once and for all!

Although annoying, I'd much rather the Katy story anyday. Let's hope they have some interesting stories with Cathal coming up. Let's bring in a few shady gangland figures and it would be good to bring in a new Billy Meehan type to liven things up (perhaps even a next generation Meehan). It is time for a change as we have had 2 stories dominating for way too long. The potential is there with Cathal for a few new and interesting stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

'Are you an expert in HR now?' I said it once I'll say it again, Spillane knows how to deliver a good line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    'Are you an expert in HR now?' I said it once I'll say it again, Spillane knows how to deliver a good line.

Him and Oisin are the best things to ever happen to FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Troy seems to have a bit of a story going on. I have no idea what it's meant to be about. Something to do with "Will I stay or will I go?" Does anyone give a fcuk?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

This ***** with people bumping into each other on the street is farcical. Before Caoimhe couldn't leave her door without bumping into Alanah. Then we had Christy-ah-no with Kerri Anne and Nora. Its so hard to watch without cringing

This ***** with people bumping into each other on the street is farcical. Before Caoimhe couldn't leave her door without bumping into Alanah. Then we had Christy-ah-no with Kerri Anne and Nora. Its so hard to watch without cringing

I'm just waiting for the day where everyone bumps into everyone in and outside Spar and not just the characters who are "current". So the queue to Spar runs out the door as Niamh, Paul and Oisin wait for their morning coffee whilst inside, Renee and Farrah are busy serving Carol, stocking up Ciarans backpack, giving Ellie sweets and saying hello to Robbie and Laura.

Outside on the street, Nora, Ray, Cathal, Jake and Bob jostle for room as coming in the opposite direction is none other than Hayley, Dean, Caoimhe, Damien, Pete and Delores. Lucky there is never any traffic on the road so they can all move way for each other. Laura sprints past on her way to the park, and a taxi pulls up outside Vinos and out comes Emmet after a bad night of poker.

I tell you, it would be mayhem if it wasn't for the one way traffic system!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I wonder will marcus convince niamh to transfer pauls money to him and he do a runner then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

dave1982 wrote: »
    I wonder will marcus convince niamh to transfer pauls money to him and he do a runner then?
    He'd need a Plan to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

dave1982 wrote: »

Or give it directly to Paul leaving Celia skint. I would LOVE IT.

Jesus Marcus, just show her the door ffs.

Ok, so by the end of the episode Jake will be a full time gangster acquaintance of Spillane!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

It's just dawned on me who Marcus reminds me of...at a certain angle he looks like Mr Spock (Leonard Nimoy RIP)

threetrees wrote: »
    He'd need a Plan to do that.

No..

Just a laptop-smart device and an algorithm: ctrl-alt-transfer-Niamh'sStolenMoney-NiamhFolder-MarcusFolder-DubaiDrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ama the patron saint of Carrigstown

This Marcus lad is a fcuking whack job!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I hope nobody gets stabbed. Jakes dabs are all over the knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

:D:D:D at the cut & pasted head on Marcus in that photo !

• Advertisement

No way...Marcus might be not Prince Charming?

:D:D:D

That scene with Jake, Ama and Cathal "outdoors" was so obviously them just standing in front of a screen with a background shot of the city, one of the most amateur and p!ss poor scenes I have ever seen on FC. And where the hell did Cathal come from?? The scene was Ama and Jake fighting and in less than a millisecond Cathal just appeared out of thin air. Terrible altogether, the show must be edited by 5yr olds.

"Hes selling dodgy meat Ama- dodgy MEAT". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

So you break into a warehouse and discover that you've been caught on the CCTV footage. What do you do? Go in 24 hours later and hold a knife to someone's throat of course. No chance whatsoever that it might be recorded.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't think they broke into the wearhouse, didn't Nora Batty have a key?

Neimh and Paul must be Millionaires by now with all the air time they're getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

What's the story with Miriam, her skill sharing meetings and family interventions ? Is she recruiting for a religious cult ?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

thats the last time Im covering for you or similar words ... Carol to Niamh.. EVERY EPISODE...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

The feckin weird group is just so bloody creepy.. and weird! Let's all meet and coach each other on random stuff..
    And troy, are we meant to give a **** whether he goes back to London or not? Jesus. Well at least the creptile of an ex has disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Also wtf is up with that group leader market woman?! Why the fixation on the separation?!

One admission though 🙈 Marcus is kinda .. alright 😍

jos28 wrote: »
    What's the story with Miriam, her skill sharing meetings and family interventions ? Is she recruiting for a religious cult ?

I wish!

• Advertisement

Another car crash episode, sadly with no car crash! Even sadder, no one even cares anymore :( Herself, still insists on watching this crap. I'm not going back to staring at the wall in the kirchen to avoid it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement