Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

youwould wrote: »
    This thread is so quiet lately that it speaks VOLUMES.

Coolhull has been very quiet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Coolhull has been very quiet :pac:

He may have died of boredom. :eek:

God I love Nikki please keep her full time please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Doug as well with the big bags under his eyes :pac:

What was the story with his eyes last night?? He looked worse than KT :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Feck the search for Katy. We need to launch a search for our own Coolhull and The Talking Bread. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ciaran's chickens seem to be coming home to roost. I get the impression he felt he could keep on holding Katy for years, that she would be his "friend" and that he could carry on his double life with Farrah, almost as if he was a bigamist or something.

But it's all starting to unravel with the decline in Katy's physical and mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,471 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »

But it's all starting to unravel with the decline in Katy's physical and mental health.

Kind of hilarious that out of the blue after almost a year K T suddenly drastically deteriorates.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,613 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hope when Katy gets out she doesn't forget that Ciaran had her and we've to go through months of another story of her trying to remember and him looking nervous for months!

I hope when Katy gets out she doesn't forget that Ciaran had her and we've to go through months of another story of her trying to remember and him looking nervous for months!

I reckon his best bet is to bring her to the local field blindfolded and spin her around really fast for a while and then let go....

walshb wrote: »
    Kind of hilarious that out of the blue after almost a year K T suddenly drastically deteriorates.

Indeed, I think she would have lapsed into a deep depression long before this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

walshb wrote: »

Id say the petition and the negative comments may have helped change the direction the writers were talking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

So Ellie skiddadles off to do her homework and Niamh is in a flap about art supplies for Ruth's project - on the first Sunday of a fortnights school holidays. Jeez I wish my kids were as dedicated as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Indeed, I think she would have lapsed into a deep depression long before this.

I think the Note was the final straw. Up to then, Katy was probably clinging to some tiny shred of sanity by revolving her days around sit ups, food, drawing and magazines. When Ciaran brutally punished her recently and took away her few luxuries, in addition to snarling that her note would never work, that's what killed her spirit and now she has literally given up and is waiting for someone to kill her. At this stage all hope is lost and she would welcome it.
    I know we slag this story a lot, but at least Katy has been able to demonstrate a wide variety of emotions, shes a fine actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Anyone else spot LoveHate playing a total psycho scumbag in the film shown on TV3 last night, Mammal?
    The poor dote is in real danger of being typecast at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Do Niamh and Paul ever dress down? They always seem to be in business attire (suits and boots) all day every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

bazermc wrote: »
    Id say the petition and the negative comments may have helped change the direction the writers were talking

The Katy/Ciaran story is getting a bit more interesting again. I cannot say the same about the Niamh one. It is time to bring Niamh down and move on to some other stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

bazermc wrote: »

Will you stop didn't the response essentially say they thought it was great publicity and it shows how well they are doing to have viewers engaged so much

I think the Note was the final straw. Up to then, Katy was probably clinging to some tiny shred of sanity by revolving her days around sit ups, food, drawing and magazines. When Ciaran brutally punished her recently and took away her few luxuries, in addition to snarling that her note would never work, that's what killed her spirit and now she has literally given up and is waiting for someone to kill her. At this stage all hope is lost and she would welcome it.
    I know we slag this story a lot, but at least Katy has been able to demonstrate a wide variety of emotions, shes a fine actress.

Yes indeed, Amilia is a superb actress. The big flaw in the storyline is the stop - start nature of it and the loss of momentum, it's unforgivable that they keep ditching it and moving on to other stuff. It looks though like we're heading towards a conclusion.

Paul / Niamh spoiler for next week :
    Looks like Paul discovers what Niamh has been up to at last, leading to a huge showdown and a two hander episode featuring just the pair of them

• Registered Users Posts: 30,613 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Looks like Paul discovers what Niamh has been up to at last, leading to a huge showdown and a two hander episode featuring just the pair of them

I wonder what will they wear?

• Advertisement

I wonder what will they wear?

They're ironing their office wear as we speak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Jackie the new doctor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

If KT really wanted to die she could just stick her head in the sink and drown. She doesn't need Ciaran to do it. Soooo absolutely sick of Niamh pretending she's leaving Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

youwould wrote: »
    ****e. I forgot that Kevin would be American. :rolleyes:

Does he know Marcus :P

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

FFS.
    They'll probably be on the Late Late and all to talk about it.
    Easter, eh? So much for Christmas and Valentine's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Jackie the new doctor?

Only when someone is mentally ill. The real health professional, Ama, is too busy annoying everyone else to actually do her job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Did LH say his ficticious mate's name is Stephen? As in our friendly missing barman? You'd think MeDaaaa would ask a few more questions!

Hughie and "classy bird" Crowley, that was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Well that will change things up a bit - they'll have 100% of the episode all to themselves unlike the 90% they usually command.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I read in one of the tv mags at the weekend that
    LH is in his garage when Alannah comes in - in his panic, the door into KT's room is left open!! However seemingly she doesn't call for help, leaving him asking why....

• Advertisement

The Katy/Ciaran story is getting a bit more interesting again. I cannot say the same about the Niamh one. It is time to bring Niamh down and move on to some other stories.

Are you for real? It can never ever earn the right to be interesting. It missed that boat months ago, and no matter what they do now won't change that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement